COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Once my box turtles go into brumation mode I hardly ever go back into their yard. This a.m. I did. Holy cow! I had a little bit of mint planted next to their "pond." This a.m. you couldn't even see the pond. It was covered in mint. Thankfully the roots hadn't destroyed the cement bottom, so I just pulled it all out, and I found two box turtles brumating under the roots, totally submerged in the water. I didn't know box turtles brumated like that. They're alive, so I guess it was ok.

Yesterday it was 81F degrees and sunny. Today it is cloudy and about 55F and supposed to rain later in the day. Yeah, right. I'll believe that when I see it. I was going to mow, but don't really have the inclination to work outside. Don't feel like working inside either. Maybe I'll just play with the kittens!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Just back from our local Lidl where they had advertised a fantastic sale on fresh salmon......but, all sold out by the time we got there. Apparently they sold their allotted 20 cases in the first hour they were open.

But, they did have some nice stainless steel hand gardening tools.

View attachment 287519

Ok....early birds get the worms. Went back to our Lidl again this morning for opening hours to catch some salmon. Scored. On special at half the marked price.

955A1798-DB08-4CC4-994C-93FE585B81B5.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ok....early birds get the worms. Went back to our Lidl again this morning for opening hours to catch some salmon. Scored. On special at half the marked price.

View attachment 287593
Super good find! I love fresh salmon but I am very picky about how it’s prepared... if I can smell it, I’m not eating it! There used to be a restaurant some years ago that made a smoked salmon spread on their appetizer menu,,, it was delicious! Then, they went out of business... I made numerous attempts to replicate the recipe and finally got pretty close... its all out what type of salmon you use:)...

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Super good find! I love fresh salmon but I am very picky about how it’s prepared... if I can smell it, I’m not eating it! There used to be a restaurant some years ago that made a smoked salmon spread on their appetizer menu,,, it was delicious! Then, they went out of business... I made numerous attempts to replicate the recipe and finally got pretty close... its all out what type of salmon you use:)...

Yes, we too like salmon and have been pleased the freshness/taste of the Lidl supplied salmon. This is all fresh, never frozen from Chile. We prepare pretty simply too. Let the salmon sing.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm glad somebody's paying attention! Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!! ;)
Ur not...but sometimes I do. After a day here I am talking to myself. I'll get real worried if I answer myself...sometimes I do that though when I send myself a photo if that counts...I'm in real trooouble.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Really? I've built four sheds on my property and no one from any government agency has said a word about it. I was told early on that I couldn't put up a 6' fence across the front of the property, had to be 3', but they're not interested in sheds, only more permanent buildings.
I could chance not pulling a permit. A week after the shed is delivered the fence will go up. The company doing the fence had to pull a permit. That means the inspector will be in my backyard. If he checks and I didn't pull a permit for the shed. I would get fined. The shed has to be 10' from back property line and 5' from the side property lines and 5' from septic field.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Yvonne if I grow dandelion. When I cut some for Opo will it grow back?

Not Yvonne here.....but, if you just pull off the leaves & blossoms from a dandelion it will keep putting out new leaves. If you pull it out of the ground.....long roots will break off & stay in the ground & regrow, but slowly. So, break off flowers & blossoms & it will keep putting out leaves all Summer long. Will slow down if you get frost there....

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I don't care much for fish, however, cat fish is pretty tasty. If you held me down and forced me to eat fish, I could stomach cat fish.
We didn’t have much money growing up and we lived on a lake.. My dad and mom both loved to fish... Dad was an avid hunter also.. anyway, all we ever ate meat-wise was wild... and at least 75% was fish... especially in the spring... catfish or white perch \crappy... every now n then bass... I ate so much fish growing up, that I wouldn’t touch freshwater fish until just the last couple years!!!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
We didn’t have much money growing up and we lived on a lake.. My dad and mom both loved to fish... Dad was an avid hunter also.. anyway, all we ever ate meat-wise was wild... and at least 75% was fish... especially in the spring... catfish or white perch \crappy... every now n then bass... I ate so much fish growing up, that I wouldn’t touch freshwater fish until just the last couple years!!!
Very true I am particular about my fish. Since my buddy got rid of his boat I haven’t been on the rapahanock river which has channel catfish in the brackish area of it. Oh my nothing even close to it for taste!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Not Yvonne here.....but, if you just pull off the leaves & blossoms from a dandelion it will keep putting out new leaves. If you pull it out of the ground.....long roots will break off & stay in the ground & regrow, but slowly. So, break off flowers & blossoms & it will keep putting out leaves all Summer long. Will slow down if you get frost there....
Thanks Mark!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

View attachment 287593
When we had a home in Michigan. I spent all spring, summer and fall catching salmon on lake Michigan. Usually 200 to 300 salmon a year. I still have my boat so I can fish when I'm there.
My son Ray holding a 25lb king salmon
121(1).jpeg
A slow day?
f1IakUZX-642640091_1535582024143.jpg
My first fish(lake trout) after my accident.
imagejpeg_0_1534082928651.jpg