COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
With storms like this that often we miss out or are on the extreme edge. With wimds prevailing from the south west we just don’t get hit. A strong northerly is another matter; Norfolk offers no protection :D

That was what was so unusual about 1987... a direct hit and the rest of the country wasn’t affected
I remember that - all those trees in Kent just felled like dominoes.
It was shocking at the time.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Evening all!
It's very lively here at the moment.
I just thought the roof was going to come off the house with the last big gust of wind....quite scary!
I certainly won't be going to bed until its calmed down.
Hang on, hopefully the the wind will be kind to your roof.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks. The roof lifts right up, so easy to pop in another suet cake. I’ll have to take a pix in situ.
I don't know if where you live. If there are craft shows where you can rent a table to sell your crafts. Have you ever done anything like that?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening all.

Finished up & hung my handy dandy upside down woodpecker feeder. It conveniently houses one, possibly two 5x5” suet cakes.

Thatched Roof
View attachment 313975

The Key Element/Screened Basement
View attachment 313976
I like that. I can see it working for darling little woodpeckers. They'll figure out how to find the basement. My woodpeckers just hang out until they can find a time when there's no starlings.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning and Happy Boxing Day to you all.
I hope your Xmas Day was happy and that Santa brought you a few nice things.
We are bracing ourselves for the not so welcome guest - Storm Bella - tonight, but hopefully we should have some drier and calmer weather for the next week - the ground needs a chance to dry out!
Have a good day and I may see you later.
TTFN
I need to look up boxing day. Have no clue what it is. But I hope the end of it finds you still celebrating with lola.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh no the lights are flickering now!
I hope we don't get a power cut!
I'd better get a hot water bottle ready for Lola.
I hope so too for you. We're having some weather issues too about power for lights heat and such. Here it's really cold with lots of snow. I'll send prayers your way.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I hope so too for you. We're having some weather issues too about power for lights heat and such. Here it's really cold with lots of snow. I'll send prayers your way.?
Thanks Cathy - it seems to have settled down for now but I can't get the tv to come back on.
The strong winds and rain should have passed by in the next few hours but this is one of the worst storms here for a very long time.