COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Thanks Cathy - it seems to have settled down for now but I can't get the tv to come back on.
The strong winds and rain should have passed by in the next few hours but this is one of the worst storms here for a very long time.
Same here. We don't have a snow storm now but we got a lot of snow. Instead of 2" it's 9. That much snow causes weight on the power lines and everyone's electricity is overloaded too for heat and all the other stuff. We haven't had this much snow at one time for a long time. I'm trying not to complain because it is more normal .?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
She is cooking up a feast. Her is one of their favorites. View attachment 313916
A must is usually spaghetti for celebrations in the Philippines (pasta)
but we are having seafood carbonara and a few more Filipino side dishes. Of course I have to have my stuffing. It will also be my job to cook the porterhouse steaks on the grill.

I had spaghetti and meatballs for Christmas!
I figured I was only one person why would I make a turkey?
You’re like me.... all the sides but if I don’t get MY stuffing .... I’m off in a huff. I throw an “adult temper tantrum”! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
She does 90% of the cooking. It is her kitchen and don't mess with it. She won't even let me bring my dirty dishes to the sink. That's hard for me to do, because I was raised to do that.

god bless her. She sounds wonderful.
Lots of “thank you’s” and “please’s”.
Girls love that kinda stuff.
Maybe a bunch of flowers to say ...
“Just for being you” kinda thing...

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Welll that was definitely a dark and stormy night. we have a bay window on our bedroom and the wind was howling round it and the rain lashing against it all night. It’s calmer now and we’ll check the fences and the floor (for roof tiles) shortly. There are a lot of trees down according to the radio travel news.

I hope things are OK with you Lyn

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Welll that was definitely a dark and stormy night. we have a bay window on our bedroom and the wind was howling round it and the rain lashing against it all night. It’s calmer now and we’ll check the fences and the floor (for roof tiles) shortly. There are a lot of trees down according to the radio travel news.

Hope you find nothing! I think Wind may be the biggest scare factor for me in storms. It seems to be the most destructive.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK

Thankfully all OK in the end, but it was about 5 a.m before it finally calmed down.
Some of the houses nearby have lost slates, but so far I've not found any obvious damage to my house and the leak I found the other day isn't any worse - maybe due to wind direction.
I haven't heard any local reports about damage or trees down yet but I'm sure there will be.
I hope your house and fences are still intact, Linda.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had spaghetti and meatballs for Christmas!
I figured I was only one person why would I make a turkey?
You’re like me.... all the sides but if I don’t get MY stuffing .... I’m off in a huff. I throw an “adult temper tantrum”! ?
I always fix a turkey or two during the holidays. I
LOVE turkey!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thankfully all OK in the end, but it was about 5 a.m before it finally calmed down.
Some of the houses nearby have lost slates, but so far I've not found any obvious damage to my house and the leak I found the other day isn't any worse - maybe due to wind direction.
I haven't heard any local reports about damage or trees down yet but I'm sure there will be.
All on one piece too thankfully :)

The wind brought some of the Christmas lights down in the town, but the council was sorting those out when we walked through on our daily constitutional.

The trees have taken a battering locally and the river is very full. There’s a flood warning out. The council has advised people not to park in the supermarket car parks which are low level and designed to take flood water away from the High Street.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Our Susquehanna River, up north and to the east of me, is at flood stage, endangering many folks downstream. 17 of the 23 “flood gates” at the big Conowingo Dam are open, letting water pour out, flooding folks who live downstream. Rain? Nope...due to all the snow up in Pennsylvania & New Jersey melting at once.

Its always something.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good good!?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I always fix a turkey or two during the holidays. I
LOVE turkey!!
I love it too. I've probably ruined it for the holidays for me though. I have it now and then all year long. I don't enjoy already cooked frozen for leftovers. So I try to come up with something different on the holidays. This year I did cornish game hens. So Joe could have his bird food for Christmas.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Our Susquehanna River, up north and to the east of me, is at flood stage, endangering many folks downstream. 17 of the 23 “flood gates” at the big Conowingo Dam are open, letting water pour out, flooding folks who live downstream. Rain? Nope...due to all the snow up in Pennsylvania & New Jersey melting at once.

Its always something.
We're going to have that too soon. The snow is melting fast today and there was a lot. It's 46f now thank the good Lord. I won't have to unbury the car tomorrow. I need to go shopping. But my back yard could become an ice skating rink. We'll see.?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
I wish I had 1// your talent.

Thanks. I think everyone “has something“ that they are good at. Painting, decorating, taking care of ppl or animals, gardening, carving spoons, etc. Things like painting or woodworking are a bit more visually “tangible”.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good evening.. I’m a bit in my emotions today as it’s Jess’s 18th birthday.. it’s certainly not what I’ve envisioned for her all of these years. I’ve made her a strawberry pie and cooked a stuffed chicken with air rolls and cinnamon butter. We are having a Harry Potter marathon.. at 18, she should be out living it up.. but I’ve banned all her friends save 1 ( who is coming over tonight) and she’s not allowed out yet due to circumstances.. I second guess my decisions but keeping her safe is my top priority.. I hope she can make up for this another year..

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Good evening.. I’m a bit in my emotions today as it’s Jess’s 18th birthday.. it’s certainly not what I’ve envisioned for her all of these years. I’ve made her a strawberry pie and cooked a stuffed chicken with air rolls and cinnamon butter. We are having a Harry Potter marathon.. at 18, she should be out living it up.. but I’ve banned all her friends save 1 ( who is coming over tonight) and she’s not allowed out yet due to circumstances.. I second guess my decisions but keeping her safe is my top priority.. I hope she can make up for this another year..

Yeah, you’re doing the right thing. Last thing Jess needs is something whacko to somehow accidentally happen. Even at home, the more peeps around - things happen. Murphy’s Law. Couple all of that with COVID & you have major chances of something. Be safe.