COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sooooo, to make a short story longer..... we like to burn incense in our house/kitchen living room, etc, but lo & behold it seems like we never have the right holder. Sooooooo, long time readers here will recall that last year I picked up some discarded Cherry logs & branches that someone dumped on the road near our house. I still have some of this left & we knocked out a little incense holder.

Here’s a quick 30 sec video for those interested.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yeah, you’re doing the right thing. Last thing Jess needs is something whacko to somehow accidentally happen. Even at home, the more peeps around - things happen. Murphy’s Law. Couple all of that with COVID & you have major chances of something. Be safe.
Thanks .. I needed to hear ( or read) that..

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening.. I’m a bit in my emotions today as it’s Jess’s 18th birthday.. it’s certainly not what I’ve envisioned for her all of these years. I’ve made her a strawberry pie and cooked a stuffed chicken with air rolls and cinnamon butter. We are having a Harry Potter marathon.. at 18, she should be out living it up.. but I’ve banned all her friends save 1 ( who is coming over tonight) and she’s not allowed out yet due to circumstances.. I second guess my decisions but keeping her safe is my top priority.. I hope she can make up for this another year..
Covid alone is enough reason to keep gatherings small. The last thing she, or you, need is that complicating her recovery.

This is such a tough year. My in laws celbrate their diamond wedding anniversary in January. The big family party they hoped for has been shelved for the foreseeable future :(

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Covid alone is enough reason to keep gatherings small. The last thing she, or you, need is that complicating her recovery.

This is such a tough year. My in laws celbrate their diamond wedding anniversary in January. The big family party they hoped for has been shelved for the foreseeable future :(
60 years is an amazing accomplishment... hopefully they can make up for the family party later. The world is hard enough, so I find it incredibly sad that we are limited on acknowledging the really great life events!
I wish them a very awesome anniversary!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening.. I’m a bit in my emotions today as it’s Jess’s 18th birthday.. it’s certainly not what I’ve envisioned for her all of these years. I’ve made her a strawberry pie and cooked a stuffed chicken with air rolls and cinnamon butter. We are having a Harry Potter marathon.. at 18, she should be out living it up.. but I’ve banned all her friends save 1 ( who is coming over tonight) and she’s not allowed out yet due to circumstances.. I second guess my decisions but keeping her safe is my top priority.. I hope she can make up for this another year..
Happy 18th Birthday to Jess!
Sounds like you have a lovely day planned for her even if it is quieter than she may have normally had and I'm sure she appreciates and understands all your efforts to keep her safe.
I hope that everyone who has had to miss out on big celebrations world wide this last year will get the chance to make up for it in 2021.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Hope everyone is having a good day so far.
It's a bank holiday here in the UK because Boxing Day fell on Saturday, so a long weekend for many.
Most if the supermarkets are open, even if they will be closing earlier than usual.
I'm not going anywhere today - I have enough food for Lol until tomorrow and then I will just be doing a very quick salad grab for him.
I know of so many people now who have this new strain of covid which seems to be spreading much more quickly than the original, that it's safer to stay home!
I have plenty of things to do to keep me occupied.
Happy Monday and TTFN

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning/afternoon all.
Hope everyone is having a good day so far.
It's a bank holiday here in the UK because Boxing Day fell on Saturday, so a long weekend for many.
Most if the supermarkets are open, even if they will be closing earlier than usual.
I'm not going anywhere today - I have enough food for Lol until tomorrow and then I will just be doing a very quick salad grab for him.
I know of so many people now who have this new strain of covid which seems to be spreading much more quickly than the original, that it's safer to stay home!
I have plenty of things to do to keep me occupied.
Happy Monday and TTFN

Yes....best to stay home! Garden, cook, read a book, paint, carve, watch a movie, build a box, learn a skill. Stay safe!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Welll that was definitely a dark and stormy night. we have a bay window on our bedroom and the wind was howling round it and the rain lashing against it all night. It’s calmer now and we’ll check the fences and the floor (for roof tiles) shortly. There are a lot of trees down according to the radio travel news.

I hope things are OK with you Lyn

I hope everything g is ok?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sounds like a wonderful dinner. Keeping her safe is definitely the priority.
Heather I kept assuming Opo would be over 40 lbs by now. We weighed Opo today. He was only 39lb 14 oz. He usually averaged about 2 lbs a month. This time only 1 lb a month.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I always fix a turkey or two during the holidays. I
LOVE turkey!!

me tooo!!!! And STUFFING!!!!
I would have had that if all the people in my life didn’t stink! (I kept it clean for the kiddies, but I think the adults know the word I WANTED to use) ☺️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Our Susquehanna River, up north and to the east of me, is at flood stage, endangering many folks downstream. 17 of the 23 “flood gates” at the big Conowingo Dam are open, letting water pour out, flooding folks who live downstream. Rain? Nope...due to all the snow up in Pennsylvania & New Jersey melting at once.

Its always something.
Sorry . I will tell New Jersey to come pick up their water mess. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!!!!!
But in my opinion.... you were right in keeping her home.
When she does eventually go out for her birthdays I might just follow her in the car! ???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sooooo, to make a short story longer..... we like to burn incense in our house/kitchen living room, etc, but lo & behold it seems like we never have the right holder. Sooooooo, long time readers here will recall that last year I picked up some discarded Cherry logs & branches that someone dumped on the road near our house. I still have some of this left & we knocked out a little incense holder.

Here’s a quick 30 sec video for those interested.

THATS WOOD!!????
OMG!!!!!
sooooo talented!
I bet it smells great in there...
I’m wondering if it would mask the smell of pot? (Burning incense..)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sounds like a wonderful dinner. Keeping her safe is definitely the priority.
Heather I kept assuming Opo would be over 40 lbs by now. We weighed Opo today. He was only 39lb 14 oz. He usually averaged about 2 lbs a month. This time only 1 lb a month.

Im just back from the vets and they say that my girl IS 119 lbs.!!!!!! And she is a Sulcata!
Tom said they don’t go beyond 80lbs?
Maybe she just fat? ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning and Happy Boxing Day to you all.
I hope your Xmas Day was happy and that Santa brought you a few nice things.
We are bracing ourselves for the not so welcome guest - Storm Bella - tonight, but hopefully we should have some drier and calmer weather for the next week - the ground needs a chance to dry out!
Have a good day and I may see you later.
TTFN
I hope that the storm wasn't too bad. I supposed I will find out though if I carry on reading.......??