COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
All on one piece too thankfully :)

The wind brought some of the Christmas lights down in the town, but the council was sorting those out when we walked through on our daily constitutional.

The trees have taken a battering locally and the river is very full. There’s a flood warning out. The council has advised people not to park in the supermarket car parks which are low level and designed to take flood water away from the High Street.
Thankfully both you an your family and Lyn are all okay. glad to read that you all survived Bella.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Our Susquehanna River, up north and to the east of me, is at flood stage, endangering many folks downstream. 17 of the 23 “flood gates” at the big Conowingo Dam are open, letting water pour out, flooding folks who live downstream. Rain? Nope...due to all the snow up in Pennsylvania & New Jersey melting at once.

Its always something.
Sigh!!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening.. I’m a bit in my emotions today as it’s Jess’s 18th birthday.. it’s certainly not what I’ve envisioned for her all of these years. I’ve made her a strawberry pie and cooked a stuffed chicken with air rolls and cinnamon butter. We are having a Harry Potter marathon.. at 18, she should be out living it up.. but I’ve banned all her friends save 1 ( who is coming over tonight) and she’s not allowed out yet due to circumstances.. I second guess my decisions but keeping her safe is my top priority.. I hope she can make up for this another year..
Always go with your gut, it is when we second guess ourselves and follow that second guess that we make mistakes. And you are being a Mother - There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. A Very belated Happy Birthday Jess. And Well done Heather on doing such a fine job of raising a very brave and amazing girl.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Sooooo, to make a short story longer..... we like to burn incense in our house/kitchen living room, etc, but lo & behold it seems like we never have the right holder. Sooooooo, long time readers here will recall that last year I picked up some discarded Cherry logs & branches that someone dumped on the road near our house. I still have some of this left & we knocked out a little incense holder.

Here’s a quick 30 sec video for those interested.

oh!!! I do love that one as well. But then again, you know me by now I love anything made from wood. But especially your work.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning and Happy Tuesday!
It's cold but sunny here today - just how I like my winter days.
The only downside for me is that I've just realised the bully bloke form next door is shielding again which means he will be home all day everyday for the foreseeable future.:(
Seems pointless not going to work when they have his stepdaughter, who works in a supermarket, her kid and her boyfriend (who is working in other homes) in their house everyday. Some people are asking for trouble by ignoring the rules but somehow manage to avoid it,

Lola is still tucked up in bed but he is about to be rudely awakened for a warm bath.
TTFN

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It is the second day back at work, and things seem to be getting along nicely. (Not the best use of grammar, but who cares ....nobody except maybe Anne. :eek:) I feel for everybody on that side, as it is nice and hot over here. Although sometimes maybe a little to hot for a nice and comfy feeling. But beggars cannot be choosers right. I took some photos of Rue trying to get it on with Clark, hopefully he is too young to make anything. Either that or I a going to have to seperate Rue from the others so that we don't have any great grand children. I am still too young to be a great granny. I must post the pics on here, but will have to log in on my phone so that I can attach the pics directly from my phone. Anyway, lunch time is almost over at work and I need to get back to the grindstone. Until later peeps. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The only downside for me is that I've just realised the bully bloke form next door is shielding again which means he will be home all day everyday for the foreseeable future.:(
Seems pointless not going to work when they have his stepdaughter, who works in a supermarket, her kid and her boyfriend (who is working in other homes) in their house everyday. Some people are asking for trouble by ignoring the rules but somehow manage to avoid it,

Lola is still tucked up in bed but he is about to be rudely awakened for a warm bath.
TTFN
Oh dear. Well I hope the Bully Bloke stays away from you and leaves you in peace at least.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It is the second day back at work, and things seem to be getting along nicely. (Not the best use of grammar, but who cares ....nobody except maybe Anne. :eek:) I feel for everybody on that side, as it is nice and hot over here. Although sometimes maybe a little to hot for a nice and comfy feeling. But beggars cannot be choosers right. I took some photos of Rue trying to get it on with Clark, hopefully he is too young to make anything. Either that or I a going to have to seperate Rue from the others so that we don't have any great grand children. I am still too young to be a great granny. I must post the pics on here, but will have to log in on my phone so that I can attach the pics directly from my phone. Anyway, lunch time is almost over at work and I need to get back to the grindstone. Until later peeps. ?
1609245072106.png

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Sounds like a wonderful dinner. Keeping her safe is definitely the priority.
Heather I kept assuming Opo would be over 40 lbs by now. We weighed Opo today. He was only 39lb 14 oz. He usually averaged about 2 lbs a month. This time only 1 lb a month.
Opo looks wonderful! At 3-1/2, I would think his weight is perfect. I’m not at all surprised that his growth slowed down this month with all the cold spells.. there have been plenty of days that none of mine came out of their house . Toretto has a full year on OPO and they weigh almost the same.. pickles is a year behind OPO and he is 10lbs lighter... Crusher is the same age as pickles and he’s 15lbs less than that... Healthy growth!! That’s what matters.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Im just back from the vets and they say that my girl IS 119 lbs.!!!!!! And she is a Sulcata!
Tom said they don’t go beyond 80lbs?
Maybe she just fat? ?
Youve got to post some pictures! My son says we don’t use the word fat in our house... I am very content to let this rule stand ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

TTFN
Maybe his shielding will keep him completely indoors and out of your space!) (one can always hope) ... Enjoy the sauna, LOLA!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
No to babies???? Carol, that’s just unheard of!!!! ???? Enjoy your sunshine Lady!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning... it’s hard for me to say that lately. I had Dad picked up by ambulance yesterday and he is positive for Covid.. he had been pretty ill following his last session of Chemo and we kept hoping it was just the after effects but he continued to get worse. I didn’t see him for Christmas and it became harder to get him on the phone. I had tried to go by Christmas Eve but he had already had a friend bring him some groceries and meds. I woke up yesterday with a really bad feeling in my gut and when I couldn’t get him on the phone, I sent someone that lived close by to check on him until I could get there. It was pretty bad so I called the ambulance and met them at the hospital. They wouldn’t let me see him but the dr’s did call me several times. I ask yet again for your prayers.. I can’t believe that he could beat cancer just for the Covid to grab him. I have to believe that he will fight through this and this is the final bad straw to kick 2020 out the damn door...

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
L
Good morning... it’s hard for me to say that lately. I had Dad picked up by ambulance yesterday and he is positive for Covid.. he had been pretty ill following his last session of Chemo and we kept hoping it was just the after effects but he continued to get worse. I didn’t see him for Christmas and it became harder to get him on the phone. I had tried to go by Christmas Eve but he had already had a friend bring him some groceries and meds. I woke up yesterday with a really bad feeling in my gut and when I couldn’t get him on the phone, I sent someone that lived close by to check on him until I could get there. It was pretty bad so I called the ambulance and met them at the hospital. They wouldn’t let me see him but the dr’s did call me several times. I ask yet again for your prayers.. I can’t believe that he could beat cancer just for the Covid to grab him. I have to believe that he will fight through this and this is the final bad straw to kick 2020 out the damn door...
Oh no! ? That’s awful news. Massive, electronic hugs, thoughts and prayers all with you and your family. This has definitely been a terrible year :(

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Ogh my gosh. We all have our fingers crossed. Hoping for the best. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I can’t even speak. I am so sorry. Keep positive thoughts!!!