COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Here we are, the end of February, and I've already spotted a handful of dandelions in bloom. Of course we have daffodils and crocus, but dandelions already!
I've had a dandelion flower lately too but around a month back. I actually posted it. I'll see if I can find it.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We're beginning to see the flowers here too....It reminds me that before all the greenery grows, I need to get back down the hill and complete this years section of the dam. It's working well but pics don't really work....the leaves on the dam blend with the background so well....lol....envision a hump at the bottom of a kill....kinda, sorta like that. Water on one side, dry on the other.

My body is getting beaten up pretty bad though, 7 weeks of daily work after a 5-6 yrs of inactivity due to lack of sleep is really different. The things giving out are also new....my HANDS? Really? I used to tighten 3/8" nuts wrench-tight. Now, "Hon, can you get this open". The 8 gauge wiring for the 240V is going to have to wait. I can't work the hand tools right now. LOL...real "superman stuff there....it's embarrassing. Probably a good thing for my humility. The funny thing is, every single thing I have done would have caused a migraine by itself last year...the building of shelves, the dam, the lifting, moving......yet no migraines. Kerry and I talk about that often. This is what it COULD have looked like;
This a screenshot of a previous "Feb-Mar" for me. Those are all migraines.

2024022604454473426da8f1c7a1beb6e.jpg

So in some ways, I'm pretty thrilled bot to get them anymore like that!(why does there have to be some form of PAIN though? What did I do wrong? LOL)

I'm going over to my house this morning, pick up a few things, maybe get a haircut then will go to BWI to pick up two guys this afternoon....a best friend from Kansas and "kid two" from Fla....both coming in 1/2 hr apart.

Enjoy the day guys.....btw, I'm going to get married Sat! This coming Sat! I'm really excited! I even treated Matilda the box turtle to some canned crickets and grasshoppers!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
We're beginning to see the flowers here too....It reminds me that before all the greenery grows, I need to get back down the hill and complete this years section of the dam. It's working well but pics don't really work....the leaves on the dam blend with the background so well....lol....envision a hump at the bottom of a kill....kinda, sorta like that. Water on one side, dry on the other.

My body is getting beaten up pretty bad though, 7 weeks of daily work after a 5-6 yrs of inactivity due to lack of sleep is really different. The things giving out are also new....my HANDS? Really? I used to tighten 3/8" nuts wrench-tight. Now, "Hon, can you get this open". The 8 gauge wiring for the 240V is going to have to wait. I can't work the hand tools right now. LOL...real "superman stuff there....it's embarrassing. Probably a good thing for my humility. The funny thing is, every single thing I have done would have caused a migraine by itself last year...the building of shelves, the dam, the lifting, moving......yet no migraines. Kerry and I talk about that often. This is what it COULD have looked like;

View attachment 366967

So in some ways, I'm pretty thrilled bot to get them anymore like that!(why does there have to be some form of PAIN though? What did I do wrong? LOL)

I'm going over to my house this morning, pick up a few things, maybe get a haircut then will go to BWI to pick up two guys this afternoon....a best friend from Kansas and "kid two" from Fla....both coming in 1/2 hr apart.

Enjoy the day guys.....btw, I'm going to get married Sat! This coming Sat! I'm really excited! I even treated Matilda the box turtle to some canned crickets and grasshoppers!
Is Matilda going to your wedding ? Zola came to ours - in fact he was the only guest, and he was also our Best Tortoise -similar to a Best Man, but more important, obviously.
Angie

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Wow, that was fun......1 hour and 40 minutes to make 2 phone calls.
My money girl called me, then patched in the Firms I have 401's with for rollovers, one call at a time of course.
I told her that I had the distinct impression that if I had been calling to make a 100K deposit, they would have answered in 7.3 seconds! LOL

Going to the airport in a bit but I'm taking it VERY easy today. Her daughter just completed 1st yr Chiro school down there...all A's, quite impressive....maybe I can get her to work on me a bit. We'll take her "temperature" first to get an idea of what she knows, I'm not that dumb otherwise! LOL

I got the oil changed on the way here but the Barber was crowded....prob full of old men who can go at 10AM....there's a LOT of them out here too! Wow! They look and nod a small almost imperceptible nod...as if I've joined their club....I kinda don't feel like I belong till I pass in front of a storefront and see my reflection!

I hope Kerry's rose-colored glasses are made of Lexan....I really hope so!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 366967

Yep 3-2-2024 is marked on my calendar simply just because. And I expect pictures 😊 3-16-2024 is too. I'm going to help celebrate my sister's 50th anniversary. I can't believe they've put up with each other this long.😁Then I get a puppy around the 21st and my son's birthday is the 28th. You all are wearing me out!🙃😘

MaNaAk

Southend
Hope you're able to blow off the cold M!

No Angie, we aren't taking Matilda....but we did discuss it. I feel pretty fortunate to be marrying a girl who lets me put our turtle in our dining room for the Winter, no sense pushing too hard!

LOL
Feeling better Jeff and I took a day off work. One little job I did today was to replace the bulb Jacky's basking lamp and I had fun and games doing this. To cut a long story short I had trouble threading the wire back through the vent and I wished that I could fit in the enclosure myself 🤣🤣🤣🤣 but I got there.

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I guess I did 🤣
Like a child Ms Cathie, a CHILD! LOL

When we got home last night, Kerry rolled in as I was unpacking the truck. Afterwards, we all went for a walk to the water...well, the girls walked, I rode. I got there before them.....and found this picture waiting for me;
20240226_170321_HDR.jpg
So peaceful and tranquil. All I could envision is "jeff in his hydroplane running left to right in the river in front of me" It would fly in this kind of water!
Then the girls showed up and my bubble burst....but still, not too shabby a view.

I also managed to capture this Entity:

20240226_170253_HDR.jpg
Is it an artifact? Is it? Look again (open in new tab), it's within a small cloud!

I just took Kerry to work as her daughter is taking her car to go see friends in Va. I really need to get that haircut today. Once the girls get up and moving, I'll go up. Otherwise.....nada....gonna chill & putter today.

One thing about those phone calls yesterday. The fact is and was confirmed by the advisor-girl was that we working together as a team had just secured 1/2 of my life savings with only the last 4 digits of my SS # and my birthday! I swear to God that's true. Let that sink in and apply it to your situation. Just the famous "last four". American Securities was negligent. Scary.

Enjoy the day guys...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Like a child Ms Cathie, a CHILD! LOL

When we got home last night, Kerry rolled in as I was unpacking the truck. Afterwards, we all went for a walk to the water...well, the girls walked, I rode. I got there before them.....and found this picture waiting for me;
View attachment 366999
So peaceful and tranquil. All I could envision is "jeff in his hydroplane running left to right in the river in front of me" It would fly in this kind of water!
Then the girls showed up and my bubble burst....but still, not too shabby a view.

I also managed to capture this Entity:

View attachment 367000
Is it an artifact? Is it? Look again (open in new tab), it's within a small cloud!

I just took Kerry to work as her daughter is taking her car to go see friends in Va. I really need to get that haircut today. Once the girls get up and moving, I'll go up. Otherwise.....nada....gonna chill & putter today.

One thing about those phone calls yesterday. The fact is and was confirmed by the advisor-girl was that we working together as a team had just secured 1/2 of my life savings with only the last 4 digits of my SS # and my birthday! I swear to God that's true. Let that sink in and apply it to your situation. Just the famous "last four". American Securities was negligent. Scary.

Enjoy the day guys...
Yep 😊 the only thing I got going for me is if you can figure out a way to get money out of me please tell me and I'll split it with you 😭😁

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I'm kinda prepared because that's what it's like training a rabbit also. It takes constant attention when you let them play outside of the playpen while in training as a baby.🤗
I can relate to the rabbit teaching too. I had a rabbit back in the 70s that learned to stay in a large wash tub when in the house. Here he is playing with my skunk in the yard.KIMG3105~2.JPGKIMG3108~2.JPGThey are not great pics but the only two I could find. They were both great pets.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
They were both great pets.
Good for you Len, my brown Skunk was not a great pet/ He stole any clothes he could find and dragged them under the bed....maybe I should not have free roamed him? LOL

We have a Pileated Woodpecker here...the kind with the "hammer head"! I almost got a pic yesterday.....we've seen him twice in the past week. I haven't seen one since I left Ann Arbor in '63 and have never seen one in Md.

The girls are asleep...Dad is coming in today, I'm considering bailing to my house! Yikes! No way Kerry's going to let that happen though, not this close. I did manage to get my haircut yesterday then I semi-detailed the inside of my expedition truck yesterday. OMG, I'm whining in pain....dang, that truck is massive on the inside, especially when you are CLEANING it! LOL

It's a nice truck though and I can't take Kerry to get married in dirty car!

Mostly I tried to say out of the way of the Best Friend who was sewing something on the table yesterday....she's a true seamstress and is using Kerry's Bernina machine....kind of neat watching her work.

Cool stuff.
Hey Ms Cathie, your freebee, cheepeee, sweetie doggy is cute.....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can relate to the rabbit teaching too. I had a rabbit back in the 70s that learned to stay in a large wash tub when in the house. Here he is playing with my skunk in the yard.View attachment 367045View attachment 367046They are not great pics but the only two I could find. They were both great pets.
And well... actually they are good pics 🤗 you got to at least capture the moment anyway someway somehow 😊