COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
We used ours last week Ray. I don't have them here but can send easy to see pics on Sunday...sorry

Do not turn the unit on yet!! Make sure ALL dials on the unit are at 0 or OFF

Basically with 2 channels, you have two separate units in one box. Focus on Channel 1 or A or however they list them. Now, ONLY using the #1 or A channel we plug in a set of 2 wires. Each of those wires has a Skin pad.

Find the area you wish to treat and decide how you want the electricity to flow...sideways or longways to the treatment-area and stick the pads on. Now turn on the unit but be sure to keep the dials low. It will default to a steady shock....which is fine for now. Later you can change it to pulse or fast pulse and stuff...but keep it on default for now just to get you going. Once you are at this point, it's time to very slowly ramp the intensity dial up...SLOWLY Ray or your eyes will bulge out buddy.....

Warning....there is a BIG difference between #3 setting on my machine and #4. 4 I would use if I didn't need to keep the prisoners' alive so be careful.

They suggest working your way up to a medium-intense level....for YOU...we're all different so you really have to see where you feel it works best. I try to ramp it up high for max effect but some don't like that.

Good luck!
Thanks Jeff, somehow I changed the setting to pulsating. Guess I need to read the instructions a little. 😁

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My TENS unit is quite basic. I only use it occasionally on areas that are giving me jip and it isn't a long term solution for pain but I find that it does help - whether that's psychological or not I don't know. On my machine I just stick the pads where I'm feeling pain, set the sort of pulse I want (a choice of 8) and the strength of them, then set the time.
This is our NHS advice for using them which I follow and is well worth a read especially for where NOT to place the pads.

Hope that helps Ray.
Lyn I was reading about the NHS services.
It said you can use this service. If you live in England or you can use for someone else. Does that mean if I was visiting England and became ill or injured. I would be able to use someone's NHS?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well you all, 2 nights ago I did the TENS therapy. Over a 3hr period I used it three times at 45min periods. My lower back L5 S1 are bone to bone. For the last 3 months. I have had shooting pains from my back down my leg. It felt like a fireball. When I went to bed around 1am. I slept until 12noon. I haven't had 3hrs straight sleep for years. My back was hurting so I did 45min intervals on and off all day. Went to bed last night around 1am and slept till 9am. Back was hurting again so I used the unit again. I hope I can say that the TENS therapy really works. Time will tell!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Eleven hours of sleep? I am jealous beyond words buddy!
I woke up briefly 3 or 4 times. But went right back to sleep. Had a decent night the last few nights.
Now my morning ritual will be the TENS. No more alternating between heat and cold packs. First thing in the morning.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mr. FreBee had a little visit with his mom Briar a couple of days ago. She was ecstatic that she got to play with him. She already decided I was a friend because I took her a Lamb bone every time I visited the puppy I was going to steal.😉. She'll get to play regularly with 4 of the puppies. One of them lives next door to her. She might even get to play with the fifth one. Those kind of puppies need play dates.😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Did you have a delicious fish fry? I know you at least had a lot of fun.😊 What did your grands think of the alligator 🤣 just getting a suntan along the bank 🤗
The fish we caught were largemouth bass. We just catch and release them. Back in the 80's they had a campaign to catch and release them. I have followed the catch and release. I taught my sons the same and it is being taught to there children. Plus the waters we are fishing are man-made. The were designed to take the water drain off from the orange and grapefruit groves. The drain water is full of fertilizer and pesticides. It is naturally filtered in these body of waters then it is drained into the St. John's river system not full of the chemicals. So the fish in these reservoirs are full of chemicals. But the bass fishing is wonderful.
The granddaughters have been fishing these waters before. So they have seen a lot of alligators.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Lyn I was reading about the NHS services.
It said you can use this service. If you live in England or you can use for someone else. Does that mean if I was visiting England and became ill or injured. I would be able to use someone's NHS?
Good question, Ray. If you were taken ill while in the UK you would be treated by NHS doctors/hospital but I don't really know what the policy is for visitors regarding charges these days. They may possibly expect your travel insurance to pay out as we would have to in another country. We always say our health services are free but in reality, while we are working we pay National Insurance contributions which are deducted out of our wages so not free at all when you add it up. That funds the NHS and state pensions etc. The only ones who really get free treatment are those who receive benefits such as those who never work for whatever reason or illegal immigrants, which puts a huge strain on the system. If you needed a dentist you would have to pay, even people here registered as NHS patients have to pay a chunk of any dental treatment unless they are on benefits. Most dentists will only treat private patients now and they get quicker appointments, better dentists etc.

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon evening all.
The weather has been dreadful today with very high winds and yet more heavy rain, some areas in Ireland and on the west coast of the UK have been hit by Storm Kathleen with another storm from France moving in to the south west tomorrow - so keep safe Natrah and Angie!!
Alfie and I managed to get out for a good walk along a canal yesterday and just a short walk today during a dryish spell but he doesn't like the rain.
My sister and her clan are having a great time in Texas where it's much drier and warmer. They stayed at Houston and Kemah but should be in San Antonio by now where they hope the weather stays clear for Tuesday's total eclipse.
They are already planning another trip to North Africa for another eclipse in 2027! We won't see one in the UK until 2090 and we'll be long gone by then - even the youngest members of the family will be in their 60's!!
I hope you're all having a good, dry weekend. Anyone in the NY area feel the earth move this weekend? I hope the earthquake hasn't caused any damage.