COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Well you all, 2 nights ago I did the TENS therapy. Over a 3hr period I used it three times at 45min periods. My lower back L5 S1 are bone to bone. For the last 3 months. I have had shooting pains from my back down my leg. It felt like a fireball. When I went to bed around 1am. I slept until 12noon. I haven't had 3hrs straight sleep for years. My back was hurting so I did 45min intervals on and off all day. Went to bed last night around 1am and slept till 9am. Back was hurting again so I used the unit again. I hope I can say that the TENS therapy really works. Time will tell!
I wonder about your mattress. Time to revisit that?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening everyone!

Parts of the UK have been battered by Storm Kathleen but here in Southend we have choppy seas and a high tide:View attachment 369022
I thought you were in the south west, but I see you're on the other side of the UK. Looks very pleasant there and hopefully you'll avoid the worse of the French storm coming in tomorrow.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Kerry came out while we were working and asked if we felt any shaking, apparently a lot of folks did.
I told her that I was so dizzy from work, I couldn't tell!

95%+ of my home is packed.....................a marathon Tues-Sun. I can't even fall asleep because I'm over tired. I'm at my home, Kerry at hers. We all went over to the Nook earlier and my grandson helped unload the trucks then we took the ebikes out for an hour before he and I drove back so he could go home. I'll stay here this week with the painters coming tomorrow after a washout last week.

Really glad the Tens is working for you Ray and I think we all hope that you find relief using it.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Good morning everyone!

Are you all looking forward to the eclipse over in the States?

Natrah
20240408_063113.jpg
Yes! I always thought these things are cool. Us 5 kids with cardboard boxes. I didn't even know what I was looking at back in Ann Arbor! 😆

Today, I wondered if my Auto-darkening welding helmet would be safe and Kerry had an interest too so I did a little research and bought a half dozen pairs of these so she could show her class too.

Tomorrow I will throw them into the bedside drawer that has the various paper 3d glasses too....if it hasn't been packed! Yikes

The past 3 months have flown by but overall I feel we are within a week of being 100% "on schedule". Not bad for a couple of rookies.
The painters got rained out last week so they should show later. I called my Septic guy and told him to come out in 2 weeks to certify and clean the tank. I also called a friend to see if he has refrigerant& gauges. I am replacing the AC condenser/coil/piping. Once I hear back from him today, I will order the unit.
Other than that....im only puttering today...my body is beat!

I am very proud of my grandson...he worked hard and once I explained to him that the dumpster needed to be stacked to get max volume, he built TETRIS! I did construction for nearly 50yrs and never saw a better-packed dumpster...ever. He also installed the bsmt bthrm ceiling by himself. I took pics...20240406_101806.jpg
The kids sure dress funny.....lol. I tease him of course but he opened up to me....he sure has a lot to chat about with his dad and his mom but he'll get there....typical stuff of rebellion & kids..and he knows where he can go if he needs to.

Now I walk around the house this morning with a cup of coffee and wonder how we did it all? Lol

MaNaAk

Southend
View attachment 369050
Yes! I always thought these things are cool. Us 5 kids with cardboard boxes. I didn't even know what I was looking at back in Ann Arbor! 😆

Today, I wondered if my Auto-darkening welding helmet would be safe and Kerry had an interest too so I did a little research and bought a half dozen pairs of these so she could show her class too.

Tomorrow I will throw them into the bedside drawer that has the various paper 3d glasses too....if it hasn't been packed! Yikes

The past 3 months have flown by but overall I feel we are within a week of being 100% "on schedule". Not bad for a couple of rookies.
The painters got rained out last week so they should show later. I called my Septic guy and told him to come out in 2 weeks to certify and clean the tank. I also called a friend to see if he has refrigerant& gauges. I am replacing the AC condenser/coil/piping. Once I hear back from him today, I will order the unit.
Other than that....im only puttering today...my body is beat!

I am very proud of my grandson...he worked hard and once I explained to him that the dumpster needed to be stacked to get max volume, he built TETRIS! I did construction for nearly 50yrs and never saw a better-packed dumpster...ever. He also installed the bsmt bthrm ceiling by himself. I took pics...View attachment 369051
The kids sure dress funny.....lol. I tease him of course but he opened up to me....he sure has a lot to chat about with his dad and his mom but he'll get there....typical stuff of rebellion & kids..and he knows where he can go if he needs to.

Now I walk around the house this morning with a cup of coffee and wonder how we did it all? Lol
What a lovely grandad you are Jeff! Do you have sons who are in construction? I am going to look at the seafront at 8.00 pm incase I can see some of the eclipse.

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
No, my only son is a Solicitor over here. He was an athlete in college but the "desk" has added weight....lol

My grandson has Russel silvers & autism syndrome so he looks like a Leprechaun, puberty at 7 years old...it's been tough for him. His folks to me, babied him. He showed courage when he accepted my offer, he knows I have a reputation as a hardazz and he just got a real live dose of reality & hard work...and he did pretty well! He's a cool kid though, compassionate and aware. He came over a few years ago and we built a scooter with a kids toy and my big motors....when he twisted the grip, it did wheelies!

I knew I should slow down today, I just picked a log out of my eye, at least it felt like one. Saturday I stepped on a board full of rusty nails. I had seen it earlier too.....it went into my heel through my shoe, deep. Kerry had a conniption over my blowing it off but I did put some Neosporin on the hole...not much you can do with punctures. It hurt bad the next day but no swelling or red lines and today, all better! Even after 12 yrs, she doesn't really believe in superman....or maybe she just realizes that she's destined to be with an idiot? LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good question, Ray. If you were taken ill while in the UK you would be treated by NHS doctors/hospital but I don't really know what the policy is for visitors regarding charges these days. They may possibly expect your travel insurance to pay out as we would have to in another country. We always say our health services are free but in reality, while we are working we pay National Insurance contributions which are deducted out of our wages so not free at all when you add it up. That funds the NHS and state pensions etc. The only ones who really get free treatment are those who receive benefits such as those who never work for whatever reason or illegal immigrants, which puts a huge strain on the system. If you needed a dentist you would have to pay, even people here registered as NHS patients have to pay a chunk of any dental treatment unless they are on benefits. Most dentists will only treat private patients now and they get quicker appointments, better dentists etc.
Thanks Lyn 👍

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I wonder about your mattress. Time to revisit that?
I have the best sleep number bed they make. It is about 6yrs old. I had a water bed for yrs in my 20's and 30's. I truly believe that is where my back problems started. It was the old style with no baffles in it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Kerry came out while we were working and asked if we felt any shaking, apparently a lot of folks did.
I told her that I was so dizzy from work, I couldn't tell!

95%+ of my home is packed.....................a marathon Tues-Sun. I can't even fall asleep because I'm over tired. I'm at my home, Kerry at hers. We all went over to the Nook earlier and my grandson helped unload the trucks then we took the ebikes out for an hour before he and I drove back so he could go home. I'll stay here this week with the painters coming tomorrow after a washout last week.

Really glad the Tens is working for you Ray and I think we all hope that you find relief using it.
Sounds like you all are busy over there. We tried the TENS on my wife last night. She fractured her right scapula in the accident. Arthritis has set in, this morning she is happy with the results.

MaNaAk

Southend
No, my only son is a Solicitor over here. He was an athlete in college but the "desk" has added weight....lol

My grandson has Russel silvers & autism syndrome so he looks like a Leprechaun, puberty at 7 years old...it's been tough for him. His folks to me, babied him. He showed courage when he accepted my offer, he knows I have a reputation as a hardazz and he just got a real live dose of reality & hard work...and he did pretty well! He's a cool kid though, compassionate and aware. He came over a few years ago and we built a scooter with a kids toy and my big motors....when he twisted the grip, it did wheelies!

I knew I should slow down today, I just picked a log out of my eye, at least it felt like one. Saturday I stepped on a board full of rusty nails. I had seen it earlier too.....it went into my heel through my shoe, deep. Kerry had a conniption over my blowing it off but I did put some Neosporin on the hole...not much you can do with punctures. It hurt bad the next day but no swelling or red lines and today, all better! Even after 12 yrs, she doesn't really believe in superman....or maybe she just realizes that she's destined to be with an idiot? LOL
Ouch!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
LMAO.....LMFAO......gee Ray, you really destroy a train of thought!

thru the phone, thru the glasses. We were at around 10% here, maybe. I went out and let the Painter look....he had never seen it before so that made it super cool. I think we reach peak at 3:21...
20240408_143302.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I just told my painter that I've done nothing today...it's a day of rest. I did take a motorcycle off the centerstand where it has sat for 15 yrs and rolled it to the other side of the room. More dragged than rolled and I finally found the broom to clean the area of junk first. I have some plumbing to do behind where it was. You know, that "crappy piping" left by the previous owner that I had planned to fix from the 1st time I saw it previewing the home before I bought it 17 yrs ago. Tomorrow sounds like a better day to get serious about it though, not today.

My guy told me that he finished one coat on the side and the front-front(not the attached garaged part). His wife is pregnant so he will leave soon for the day to get his little girl. I'm cool with that.

That's really wonderful news that Rose got relief from using your TENS unit Ray. The eclipse only happens today but I didn't want to gloss over that it helped her.....that's pretty big!

Now see if it were me and Kerry, I might make a joke of offering to toss the toaster in the tub with her, just to apply TENS to the whole body at once you see, no ill intent of course, just more efficient......but that's because I'm not quite right, or so they say.

Here's a current pic....1/320sec, ISO-50,WITH special glasses on the phone.

20240408_150750.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
I just told my painter that I've done nothing today...it's a day of rest. I did take a motorcycle off the centerstand where it has sat for 15 yrs and rolled it to the other side of the room. More dragged than rolled and I finally found the broom to clean the area of junk first. I have some plumbing to do behind where it was. You know, that "crappy piping" left by the previous owner that I had planned to fix from the 1st time I saw it previewing the home before I bought it 17 yrs ago. Tomorrow sounds like a better day to get serious about it though, not today.

My guy told me that he finished one coat on the side and the front-front(not the attached garaged part). His wife is pregnant so he will leave soon for the day to get his little girl. I'm cool with that.

That's really wonderful news that Rose got relief from using your TENS unit Ray. The eclipse only happens today but I didn't want to gloss over that it helped her.....that's pretty big!

Now see if it were me and Kerry, I might make a joke of offering to toss the toaster in the tub with her, just to apply TENS to the whole body at once you see, no ill intent of course, just more efficient......but that's because I'm not quite right, or so they say.

View attachment 369070
Wow!

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I have the best sleep number bed they make. It is about 6yrs old. I had a water bed for yrs in my 20's and 30's. I truly believe that is where my back problems started. It was the old style with no baffles in it.
I also have a sleep number, split King and I've had it about a year. It was top of the line then, but a few months after I bought it. A Newer and Better mattress was available for a few more thousand dollars. I'm very happy with mine, love the heated feet.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
LMAO.....LMFAO......gee Ray, you really destroy a train of thought!

thru the phone, thru the glasses. We were at around 10% here, maybe. I went out and let the Painter look....he had never seen it before so that made it super cool. I think we reach peak at 3:21...
View attachment 369069
We had a little over 50%. It was partly cloudy, so the clouds would filter the sunlight. So we could look at it without glasses.
Here is another diddy that is fitting for today.
Title of the song is Black Hole Sun.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I also have a sleep number, split King and I've had it about a year. It was top of the line then, but a few months after I bought it. A Newer and Better mattress was available for a few more thousand dollars. I'm very happy with mine, love the heated feet.
You are right, after getting mine it wasn't long before they came out with something better. Ours is also a split king. The only thing I don't like is the gap between the beds.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

View attachment 369070
What kind of motorcycle?

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
You are right, after getting mine it wasn't long before they came out with something better. Ours is also a split king. The only thing I don't like is the gap between the beds.
I don't mind the split top, I've been married 37 yrs. the honeymoon is over, and than again I've never been a Spooner. I like my space!