COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 281725
Just a reminder to shout out if you want to join the card exchange.

Last posting date for Christmas to @CarolM was probably in June, but she has Christmas in the summer time anyway :D
Yip, Sometimes we are lucky and we might get some rain on Christmas day but otherwise it is normally hot hot hot.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening/afternoon all. Long time no not see!
I have been suffering form a laptop malfunction (again!!)
My screen was flickering and became unusable so one of my nephews has had it for the last few weeks to sort it out and touch wood he seems to have fixed it.
Anyway I have hundreds of posts to catch up on so it will take me a while to find out what you've all been up to, but I hope you and your families and torts are all well.
I'll be able to spend longer on here on the weekend but I just wanted to say Hi for now and I'll speak to you soon.
Nice to have you back Lyn. And good luck.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello My friends... My little Yorke Teddy passed on last night and today has been incredibly hard. Last night was the first time in 24 yrs that I didn’t have a house dog. My first was Jake. I got Teddy right before Jake passed at 16 yrs and then passed every night since with Teddy... Coming home today to an empty house was especially tough.. I am grateful for every minute I had but it may take me a while to get the smile back..
Oh No!! I am so sorry Heather.

A very big warm and heartfelt Electronic Hug.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I can’t sleep. Ughhhh.

Tomorrow ( actually today now) is western week at my sons school so I have to drop son off for school & then get in a couple hours of work before heading Back to school at 10am. I bought him a cowboy hat for the occasion ( there will be pictures) . And I’m hopping that once the affair is done, we can both come home and get started with the weekend. There was a nothing on our agenda for said weekend which makes it my favorite kind
Sounds like a good day, even though the start is so early. And I agree those are the best kinds of weekends.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello My friends... My little Yorke Teddy passed on last night and today has been incredibly hard. Last night was the first time in 24 yrs that I didn’t have a house dog. My first was Jake. I got Teddy right before Jake passed at 16 yrs and then passed every night since with Teddy... Coming home today to an empty house was especially tough.. I am grateful for every minute I had but it may take me a while to get the smile back..

Ogh my gosh, so very sorry to hear this sad sad news. Hang in therr.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
A few weeks back @Ben02 made a reference to a new “box set” coming out that had @Ray--Opo scratching his head.

Just saw this via Twitter..

COMING SOON: A small-batch box set of film, music and memorabilia will be released to celebrate the 10th anniversary of “Michael Jackson’s This Is It”

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
You are down near South Carolina Pet Supply. I've bought their TNT supplement for tortoises. I think they are really nice people.
Yeah that are nice, I only go there once in awhile because I'm deep in the country side deep in walterboro.
The only close pat store that I know of is in Orangeburg, petsense

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Sorry to hear, Heather. A big hug... <3

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi roommates! Getting on the forum is a bit complicated now, but I wanted to wish everyone a great weekend ahead. I got the Christmas cards the other day. Waiting for the stamps and possibly a special addition to the envelope. Carol's card will go out first. :D

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Hola everyone!

JoesDad and I are on our travels again.

We are in Palma on the Spanish island of Mallorca for a weekend of much needed sunshine.

Postcards later hopefully :)

Wow..Mallorca! Good for you guys, enjoy the sunshine.

Make sure to have some of the local spirits...

The 'Licor de Hierbas' is made with distilled 'aguardiente' (local grappa) and 'anís' (anisette) mixed with a bunch of local herbs. The 'Palo de Mallorca' is a distinctly Mallorcan aperitif, made by mixing sweet caramel with bitter 'chinchona' bark.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can’t sleep. Ughhhh.

Tomorrow ( actually today now) is western week at my sons school so I have to drop son off for school & then get in a couple hours of work before heading Back to school at 10am. I bought him a cowboy hat for the occasion ( there will be pictures) . And I’m hopping that once the affair is done, we can both come home and get started with the weekend. There was a nothing on our agenda for said weekend which makes it my favorite kind
Maybe you and your son can go to the park and you can just sit there and relax while he plays on the swings and stuff.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Happy Friday!
Have a good Week-end everyone! :)
Thank you, and you too. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel far as winterizing the tortoises is concerned. Just a few little odds and ends to finish up. Then I'll be working on putting all the plant from outside back into the greenhouse for the winter. This usually takes me all of October, and we generally get frosty nights by Halloween, so I've got to hurry and work at it.