COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I like it, however, eventually all the little foam pieces settle into each other and you have to keep fluffing it up. But the price! My gosh!!! Who pays that much for a crummy pillow (well, I did, obviously)?
We stayed at a Marriott resort and I loved their pillows. So I went to their website and bought 2 for 140 bucks. Obviously not the same pillow. After 2 weeks the fill compacted and it was like all my other pillows.

Made the same mistake again after buying some from Holiday Inn.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Morning All

Cold and overcast here today, but I’m sure the sun will play peek-a-boo all day. A nice Autumn day.

Sooooo, in addition to having a great kayaking trip yesterday, we experienced an interesting event at the end of our paddle.

This week we’ve had a fuller than normal moon coupled with a large low pressure storm out in the Atlantic. Storms and celestial effects coupled with normal high tide periods caused water to flood up and into our car park where we put in for the day of kayaking.

Check these pix out...

C6B6FE0E-9730-4229-9CD6-4E964BD50CC8.jpeg 237553A5-AA73-4962-A209-67FCE6C2CAAB.jpeg DCBCD484-5811-4FF2-A3C9-EC63E4632CC3.jpeg F3AF5B79-3AC8-4FD8-8A1B-A9BA7A8C740B.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
How far south in Florida are you going and for how long? East coast side, West Coast side?

You could have a #25 bag shipped to your hotel to hold for you.

Silver Springs State Park is wonderful!
Silver Springs is an unincorporated community in Marion County, Florida, United States. It is the site of Silver Springs, a group of artesian springs and a historic tourist attraction that is now part of Silver Springs State Park.

And, if you want to paddle - https://www.silverriverkayakrentals...GhxXu38M7o9TS6G4Z83HD3O2SqCbcWWhoCwhUQAvD_BwE

St Augustine makes a nice place to visit too.

St. Augustine is a city on the northeast coast of Florida. It lays claim to being the oldest city in the U.S., and is known for its Spanish colonial architecture as well as Atlantic Ocean beaches like sandy St. Augustine Beach and tranquil Crescent Beach. Anastasia State Park is a protected wildlife sanctuary.

And of course....a trip to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okefenokee_Swamp

Reptilony

QC, CAN
We are going to Jacksonville and then st Petersburg. We go camping 5 days at fort de soto. We won't be getting a hotel. The places you mentionned seems nice I will take a look if it's on our path, we do have to cross florida from east to west. Is there any way to get that 25 lbs bag myself? We have our kayaks but we won't bring them...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Im doing a road trip to florida next week, anyone has any tips for me before I go? Also, is there a place where there is certainly going to be mazuri ?:D
p.s. I've never been more south than Plattsburg NY.
Florida is fun. So my only tip is enjoy yourself.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
How far south in Florida are you going and for how long? East coast side, West Coast side?

You could have a #25 bag shipped to your hotel to hold for you.

Silver Springs State Park is wonderful!
Silver Springs is an unincorporated community in Marion County, Florida, United States. It is the site of Silver Springs, a group of artesian springs and a historic tourist attraction that is now part of Silver Springs State Park.

And, if you want to paddle - https://www.silverriverkayakrentals...GhxXu38M7o9TS6G4Z83HD3O2SqCbcWWhoCwhUQAvD_BwE

St Augustine makes a nice place to visit too.

St. Augustine is a city on the northeast coast of Florida. It lays claim to being the oldest city in the U.S., and is known for its Spanish colonial architecture as well as Atlantic Ocean beaches like sandy St. Augustine Beach and tranquil Crescent Beach. Anastasia State Park is a protected wildlife sanctuary.

And of course....a trip to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okefenokee_Swamp

In St Augustine...

The St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park is one of Florida's oldest continuously running attractions, having opened on May 20, 1893.[3] Not only does it have 24 species of crocodilians, but also a variety of other reptiles, mammals and birds, as well as exhibits, animal performances and educational demonstrations.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
In St Augustine...

The St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park is one of Florida's oldest continuously running attractions, having opened on May 20, 1893.[3] Not only does it have 24 species of crocodilians, but also a variety of other reptiles, mammals and birds, as well as exhibits, animal performances and educational demonstrations.
That sounds like fun I will certainly visit this place thank you!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Morning All

Cold and overcast here today, but I’m sure the sun will play peek-a-boo all day. A nice Autumn day.

Sooooo, in addition to having a great kayaking trip yesterday, we experienced an interesting event at the end of our paddle.

This week we’ve had a fuller than normal moon coupled with a large low pressure storm out in the Atlantic. Storms and celestial effects coupled with normal high tide periods caused water to flood up and into our car park where we put in for the day of kayaking.

Check these pix out...

View attachment 282065 View attachment 282066 View attachment 282067 View attachment 282068
You were lucky there!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Goodmorning everyone, when I was putting my leg on yesterday to go to therapy. Standing up and trying to get my leg set. I blacked out and fell back on the bed. Only blacked out briefly. My wife checked my sugar and it was at 72. So I drank a pineapple juice and started feeling better. Took me all day to feel about normal again.
Needless to say I called therapy and canceled. Going to have to watch my glucose levels more closely now that I am on this diet.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Oh Dear Ray. That does not sound too good. Be careful.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My mate the male Kestrel. We’re besties now. He very quickly worked out that I was the source of dead chicks.
View attachment 281932

And this one of a nest of 5 adorable field voles being fed by one of the staff. They were orphaned when a cat got Mum :( They’re about 9 days old and need feeding every 2 hours day and night
View attachment 281933
aaaawwwwww.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Here is something different for the CDR. In paddles in Spring and early Summer i i often saw large gelatinous globs of what i thought were frog or toad eggs. Id see them, paddle by and think nothing of them. When out today, we saw tons of them and one of our team said hey,, more Bryozoa. I said what, i thought they were frog eggs... nope Bryozoa...

Sure enough per Wiki - Bryozoa (also known as the Polyzoa, Ectoprocta or commonly as moss animals)[6] are a phylum of aquatic invertebrate animals. Typically about 0.5 millimetres (0.020 in) long, they are filter feeders that sieve food particles out of the water using a retractable lophophore, a "crown" of tentacles lined with cilia. Most marine species live in tropical waters, but a few occur in oceanic trenches, and others are found in polar waters. One class lives only in a variety of freshwater environments, and a few members of a mostly marine class prefer brackish water. Over 4,000[7] living species are known. One genus is solitary and the rest are colonial.

Here are two pix of what they look like...

View attachment 281963 View attachment 281964
Wow.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning! It’s raining here and the cool front is in! Hallelujah!
My big news..... I have placed a deposit on an English bulldog..I have not picked a puppy yet as I passed on the 6 week old litters that I was shown. I’m perfectly ok with waiting a while. The have a particular stud dog that I really like and I heard last night that he just had a female puppy born that looks just like him.. it’s too early to know for sure, but I highly suspect that that’s gonna be my girl:). A baby in the house by Christmas !!!!
Yayy. Congratulations.