COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Busy day already! The kids get so excited and they just can’t wait. my son woke me up this morning before 5... “ mommy... I think I hear something”.... and so it begun:)

my dad came in and stayed last night and he was on his way by 8am this morning...

I keep raking and the leaves keep coming. I have a very large pile accumulated and I’m going to fuel the fire with a few boxes and Christmas paper in a bit..
Sounds like a full and long day.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Merry Christmas to you also. I haven't yet but I'm sure I'll get it soon. Our postal must use mules too...my mail can be late even posted in our city.
Oh dear. I just hope that it is not on my side the hold up. Technically everybody should have received theirs. Oh well, xmas is still coming you way.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Good evenooning everyone.

Things have settled down on my moderator forum. Most are delighted, but needless to say there had to be one who is furious that we have denied him his right to respond to posts made before the Political forum is closed. Apparently it’s undemocratic. My eyes are rolling so hard now they might stick... some people need to get a life!

Here in southern England it has been very wet and my town is flooding. Fortunately flood planning is good and car parks and parkland fill up before property gets wet. New properties near the river have to have garages or store rooms at ground floor level so living accommodation isn’t damaged.

I headed to the supermarket very early this morning to avoid the crowds; even that is raised so the store doesn’t flood. Only about a third of the car park was usable as the rest was full of river water.

We are safe at home as we are at the top of a hill. Hopefully those on lower land will be OK, but it has been raining again.

We had a tornado to the west of here this morning! They’re incredibly uncommon in the UK. This crossed the M25, one of the busiest motorways in the country. It’s a miracle nobody was badly hurt.

Tomorrow our children return home for Christmas and our tropical fish depart for a new life in Hastings with someone who isn’t planning on travelling so much.

That’s a quick summary of my news. I hope all is well with you.

I'm so glad you and your family are safe. We get flooding here too. Can you believe we even had tornadoes touch down too?!
You know I would of taken your fish if I lived closer, I have my own aquarium going over here. :)
As far as politics, I roll my eyes so far at times I can see my own brain ;)

View attachment 284022 View attachment 284023

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning everyone! Hope all is well with y'all.
This weekend I set up at the flea market/trade days. I was hoping that it would be a busy one since it was close to Christmas. But it was a total flop. According to the vendors who regularly setup there, more than half of them were no-shows! Very few shoppers came through.. it was depressing.
I did make one sale that paid for our booth and some of our fuel. I was also commissioned by the folks setup across from us to do a portrait (after new years) of their gypsy vanner stallion. As payment I got this little guy
View attachment 284045
Adorable!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
The Family Christmas Gathering

Regular CDR members will note the 2018 Snowmen on the left, with the 2019 new & improved models on the right. There’s one more drying off in the basement, he is modeling a golden hat band. Need to make room in the gallery.

View attachment 284184
Fantasic!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh dear. I just hope that it is not on my side the hold up. Technically everybody should have received theirs. Oh well, xmas is still coming you way.
I'm sure I'll get it and the other later ones from the US also. When I get them it will make my day.