COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It is well point water and I stay next to a vlei which is like a wet land. But the water comes out clear and then turns brown. Which I believe is what happens when the water mixes with air. Something to do with oxygen and the metals present in the water reacting when the two meet.

Hhmm. I don’t think it’s turning brown from mixing with air. It’s possibly taking on a tint from the ground it is in contact with. We have a few rivers here in Maryland that are almost black in color. One that comes to mind is the Pokomoke River.
  • The Pocomoke originates in the Great Cypress Swamp on the Maryland-Delaware border and flows 55 miles through Maryland before it empties into the Pocomoke Sound at the Chesapeake Bay. Its total length is 73 miles. About 400 feet wide below Snow Hill, the depth of the Pocomoke ranges from 7 to 45 feet, averaging about 15 feet. Its tea color, characteristic of cypress swamps, comes from tannic acid in the roots and decaying leaves of trees and plants that line its banks.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Hello all my friends, i have one more update, I saw the pulmonologist yesterday. No good news. He said there is only 2 things it can be based on ct scans and blood tests. I'm fighting a diagnosis between lymphoma or sacroidiosis. I am having a biopsy next Thursday and i should know the results about a week after that. I'm scared to death. My husband is worried sick the kids have no idea and they just run and play with no other thoughts. How much I wish I could be young and worry free again.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello all my friends, i have one more update, I saw the pulmonologist yesterday. No good news. He said there is only 2 things it can be based on ct scans and blood tests. I'm fighting a diagnosis between lymphoma or sacroidiosis. I am having a biopsy next Thursday and i should know the results about a week after that. I'm scared to death. My husband is worried sick the kids have no idea and they just run and play with no other thoughts. How much I wish I could be young and worry free again.
Thoughts and prayers with you.

massive electronic hugs too x

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So sorry! Prayers for you and your family!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Thank you Heather!
I had a lovely day topped off by a great evening with some of the family who took me out for a meal.
It''s nice to be spoiled occasionally!
I’m glad . You deserve it. You are always so kind and thinking of everyone else. Celebrate tomorrow too!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Woodcrafting Christmas ornaments & baubles & trees & snowmen all done for the 2019 season. I have two last Snowmen that need a final spray of lacquer & hats attached. I might (still) have to start up an Etsy page just to get project funds!

Been out in the back garden cutting up our downed pine tree & cleaning up and found an old garden trowel that has seen better days. The plan is to clean up the rust & turn a new wooden handle. I have a piece of Willow Oak from branches I snipped in Fall - this will become the new handle.

The Start
72C3F932-273E-4B5E-912A-6A2A81B25A81.jpeg

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Sending support, love, and positive energy your way <3

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It is well point water and I stay next to a vlei which is like a wet land. But the water comes out clear and then turns brown. Which I believe is what happens when the water mixes with air. Something to do with oxygen and the metals present in the water reacting when the two meet.
Some parts of Ohio, the water has iron in it. It stains everything but it doesn't come out of the well clear and then turn brownish red. That's well water's color there maybe? It's an interesting subject. I hope you find an easy solution.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Unfortunately climate change is very real Cathie and I think the extremes that we are seeing all around the world is all the proof we need.
Mother Nature is not happy and us humans have a lot to answer for and need to take action to cheer her up again.
Yes. I'm not a climate change scientist but it's been obvious for decades...and I've always known that it's pretty stupid to dirty up your water sources, then have to spend billions to clean it (if possible).

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Yes. I'm not a climate change scientist but it's been obvious for decades...and I've always known that it's pretty stupid to dirty up your water sources, then have to spend billions to clean it (if possible).
yes, let us heal the earth.

mother nature, we praise your light :<3: