COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hey Mark you will have to find some old rusty garden tools to use.
Here is my first and only lathe project I did in 8th grade. When schools still had woodshop, metalshop and auto shop.View attachment 286466
That's good work for anyone let alone an eighth grader. And to still have it even better. I found a great toy box in a thrift store made by a young person in a program like that. We still have those programs here. I know that because it was signed. I added wheels and still have it for my grandchildren.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yep! I have exploded night crawlers, Peeps and a rat once...well, I gotta go feed the birds, buncha box turtles and the cats...gonna let the Sulcata out for the first time since October. It's raining and abt 45 degrees....but they need OUT...and so do I...
You sound like you were quite the Tom boy. But a rat! Poor thing.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Saturday, yesterday I drove my wheelchair up to the grocery store and got Rose some flowers, card and candy. I got back home before she woke up. She was surprised! It was the only way I could do it because I don't drive our vehicles. With her always driving it is hard for me to surprise her.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Oh how sweet.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Me neither, Sabine. But then, I don't have a sweetie and Misty can't drive.

Well, I really shouldn't say I got nothing. My son-in-law came over and took my sprayer apart so I could take the battery up to Batteries and Bulbs and get a new one, then he climbed the ladder up to my 37 year old porch light (yes, 37 years old! The label on the photo sensor was stamped 1983) to see why it wouldn't turn off in the daylight, then removed the photo sensor and took it up to Home Depot to see if he could find a replacement, which he did, then he climbed the ladder again and fixed the light! So I guess I DID get a couple pretty nice presents for V day! This allowed me to spray three tanksful of solution on the weeds around the outside of my fence. (I LOVE my sprayer!!!)

View attachment 286421
Hubby and I don't do V Day as our anniversary is a couple of days later. So I am waiting for my pressie. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Very cool. Funny you should bring up shop days of olde. I have a lamp down in the shop that I made in “shop class” back in 7th or 8th grade as well. It combined both basic cutting/shaping metal along with cutting/sanding woodwork. I’ll snap a pix to show you. Thats the problem these days....”youngsters” have no idea how to make the simplest of things or use simple hand/power tools. We see it time and time again here on the Forum - folks w/o a clue how to start to construct a simple wooden enclosure with hinges, a cut out entrance, etc.

Btw - nice holder!
If they had woodworking classes when I was at school I would have taken them for sure. And yes you are right, it is sad that the youngsters of today are not taught basic skill sets.