COLD DARK ROOM

Amron

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire. England
Wonderful! Grest news! Did she just show up?
Yes , he didn't leave his house at all. He somehow managed to get from his side into Reggie's area and then climbed into a space where I have a table dull of plant pots and other bits and bobs, he had managed to get into a sack of fleece, must of looked there 10 times previously but he must of got hungry. I was working in the greenhouse when I heard a lot of crashing about from inside and there he was knocking everything over. It will teach me to be tidier

Amron

Lancashire. England
We are still in The ICU But hopefully not for long.. I am doing ok. She gets emotionally stronger every day.. Pain is going to be the huge hurdle right now. She’s had to face the realization today that she can’t go back to school or even drive her car for a very long time.. (Pain Meds) .. we conferenced with her Principal and started the steps to finish her school online. She can still graduate befor the end of the year. We will apply and enroll in online college for her basics in the fall. We have a plan... I am going to start preparing the house in ways to still give her a certain amount of independence.. we will have to redo her bath and shower .. Move a recliner to her room, things of that nature..
Wow. You are so organised. I admire your strength

Amron

Lancashire. England
It's been a really hard day for me. Today (the 21st), is our 30th wedding anniversary. Or would have been.

It's been 14 months since Pete died, and I still want to tell him things, little snippets I read, or hear. The house is too quiet. I hear the ice drop into the bin, and the water refill. I hear the AC compressor kick on outside. I hear the ticking of my clock. I hear the little sounds a house makes when it's built on an earthquake fault.

I couldn't hear these tiny sounds when Pete was here. I hated that the TV was on 24/7, and I had to work conversation into 5 minute episodes while a commercial was on. Now, what I wouldn't give to fight the TV for one more day.

I miss him terribly. What a sad day this has been.

But I can stop by the CDR and see what the roomies are doing. I laugh a lot, cry a little, and keep checking myself to see if I'm as crazy as most of them are. I have a way to go for that. And I'll never get to the level of debauchery that has been achieved by a few.

It's OK. I slip in, bribe an armadillo, read til my eyes bleed, add my two cents occasionally, and quietly slip out.

That's how I get through sad days, like today.
Sending you virtual hugs and kisses, wish I could do more, remember the good times, laugh at the funny times you had, when that smile slips across your face know that he will be happy for you and will be smiling with you. Take care❣️?

Amron

Lancashire. England
Wow I have been up since 3am, really bad heart burn, shouldn't of eaten that lasagne which was full of that stuff Adam dreams about, and then to eat 4 crunchies that was just plain stupid. Still I have managed to catch up in here so I will count that as a blessing. Really enjoy reading all these posts. It is now 6am and time to get up and prepare for the day ahead. Happy things are looking good for Heather's daughter. Hope the gas and pain has subsided from ?( Dam I forget names so easily). Hope the lady who fell and broke her knee cap is behaving and looking forward to her sisters arrival. Sorry I can't go back and look for names, it takes me too long. Best wishes everyone.
Happy birthday Adam