COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I made dog pillows this morning for Duke and Rigsy. They had destroyed the older ones.. I think because they all originally belonged to Duke and neither wanted to share... so I bought two chew resistant cases and stuffed with mattress toppers... hoping since they each had their own that they would not rip them up.. Duke has not done this in 11 years prior to Rigsy’s arrival. Anyway... looks successful so far..
The small filter in my box turtle's pool (a large cat litter pan) clogged up today and basically ended up pumping the water out from her pool and into the rest of her indoor enclosure. Flooded the substrate. So the boxie has been hanging out in the bathtub while my other half has been on flood remediation duty. I'm SO glad he's here. He had been on longer term travel status, working a couple hours away (next time zone over), but his employer let him work from home as of spring. He's been cleaning the turtle tanks and filters since he's been home, and I am extremely grateful. I don't have nearly as much patience for that kind of thing.
sounds like a keeper!!!! Poor boxie though... being ousted from your house is stressful!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
sounds like a keeper!!!! Poor boxie though... being ousted from your house is stressful!
Fortunately, she's a Gulfie, so she handles swampy conditions pretty well. I think it unsettled her more when it happened a few days ago, and her water got pumped out of her pool with her in it. I think she was confused about that... She wasn't the only one! ? We couldn't figure out how her pool had sprung a leak. Turns out, it hadn't.

We used to soak her in a separate container outside her enclosure when she was little, so I don't think she was too disturbed at being relocated to a dish pan in the bathtub for a while. We're all out of practice on that, though. Usually it's the beardies in the bathtub for a shower and a swim.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's one thing I'm gonna miss by going digital antenna tv. There are no movie channels and Christmas movies were my go to tv watching.
I don't really know how to use an antenna but I've heard they can pick up a lot of channels. I'd rather have that but Joe needs Wi-Fi, internet, TV, and a landline phone. I'd actually be satisfied with a radio and my cellphone. I've never really watched very much TV until the last few years. His Wi-Fi has lowered my monthly payment for my phone though. These old movies are mostly new to me. I watched the Kronks Christmas movie yesterday. It was so funny. But I could probably get a dvd from the library and watch it that way too.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The small filter in my box turtle's pool (a large cat litter pan) clogged up today and basically ended up pumping the water out from her pool and into the rest of her indoor enclosure. Flooded the substrate. So the boxie has been hanging out in the bathtub while my other half has been on flood remediation duty. I'm SO glad he's here. He had been on longer term travel status, working a couple hours away (next time zone over), but his employer let him work from home as of spring. He's been cleaning the turtle tanks and filters since he's been home, and I am extremely grateful. I don't have nearly as much patience for that kind of thing.
You found a perfect guy! That's why I don't even look. Most of them are squeamish and can't even sleep with a rabbit ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Remember.....that’s the Brits who are gaining an extra hour early tomorrow, not USA.
I guess I just do my own time lately. I've not been paying much attention to all that. We are all sleeping late because it's still dark. I did just look it up on my calendar and it says it ends on something or other. My atomic clock and cellphone will tell me what time the worlds going by...?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Definitely a keeper. We've been together for over a decade. We'll get around to getting married eventually... ?
I believe in marriage.. I also think that’s it’s taken much too lightly these days.. I say that from experience.. my first marriage was a joke. I was too young and hardheaded.. it took me a second try to get it right.. I knew on my first wedding day that I was making a mistake just as I know now that I’m right where I’m supposed to be. There’s no harm in taking your time... it’s important enough .;-)