Cold in Florida

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Torts are not happy since they had to come in. It was a cold 44F last night. The Florida crew are not used to this weather! Here are some of the girls together with big Tallulah.ImageUploadedByTortForum1423924619.391041.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1423924633.271097.jpg

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
They are beautiful!

It's very cold here! Tomorrows high temperature is 0!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
After being "free-range" I'm sure they're pretty peeved about the kiddie pools. Well, at least they make it look good. I hope you get some warm weather soon so they can go back outside. Mine won't be out until April/May...guess that's what you get when you live in northern, temperate climates.

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
I had a cold day today it was 19 below was helping floral shop delivery flowers and had to double bag them so the flowers didn't freeze tomorrow suppose to be above zero

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
California are getting warm! ! !

WOOHOO! ! ! ! ! !

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I had a cold day today it was 19 below was helping floral shop delivery flowers and had to double bag them so the flowers didn't freeze tomorrow suppose to be above zero
I cannot comprehend anything in your post..."19 below"...flowers"...I'm glad for my 46F!

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Yeah, my tortoises are all in the laundry room with a space heater going at night. At least it has been sunny during the day and the ground warms up well by mid morning.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It got to 48 here. I had to wrangle Talapia out of one of my fish ponds and place them into a heated aquarium. The tortoises were much easier. But then I only have three.

smwboxer

Fort Lauderdale, FL
On the plus side, the cold makes it very easy to catch iguanas and knight anoles (as long as you get out before it warms up)!

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Having lived in So. FL all my life, I have to admit, I am a whimp for cold weather.
With the 40's a possiblilty, we have the central heat set to 73 degrees & I brought on our
2 guinea pigs, 1 red ear slider & my old man rabbit Pumpkin.
Sheldon the Cherryhead still lives inside, just visits his enclosure in the warm afternoons.

Yeah, I read the post about delivering flowers.. crazy !!!

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
That's how crazy us North Dakotans are. Still had to get them delivered for Valentines day.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
My three are outside with a plexiglass cover, a CHE that heats a bowl of water that they cannot reach and then a tarp over the entire enclosure at night. I know that we sounds like wimps down here but when you are used to certain weather no matter what temp that is you get cold when it drops by 20 degrees.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
At least as Carl said the sun is strong during the day. I helped an old male FL boxie cross the road today so spring is coming down here and the reptiles are starting to move around.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Luckily they all went out today! But will be back inside on Wednesday. Today High 74F, tomorrow high 83F, then wed high of 66F and night low of 44F.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
FREEDOM! At least until Wednesday. Good thing they went out, Rambutan is squeezing out another clutch.ImageUploadedByTortForum1424125175.830177.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1424125190.243899.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1424125201.782418.jpg

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Good thing she is taking advantage of this warm window before tomorrow night.
In many ways, we here in 'warm parts' of the country are less prepared for extended cold weather than keepers in more northerly climes.

Probably the same thing for keepers in Southern California too.