Considering rescuing a “Wolf” like dog

JohnnyB65

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA High Desert
Oh yeah....meant to tell you, awesome cat tower/retreat....
Thanks, I saw an absolutely magnificent mountain lion yesterday and I was thinking that it would really be something to have a wolf and mountain lion guarding my place, but it probably wouldn’t stay around after watching that thing run and jump as if it were flying through the air. Besides its much too big for the cat house. LOL

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Actually it was the US Forestry that said I could no longer use it and I have to abide by their rules when I’m on their land. I have so many stories about dealing with them.

They certainly are an organized mess....yes, i am familiar with their sideshow antics....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks, I saw an absolutely magnificent mountain lion yesterday and I was thinking that it would really be something to have a wolf and mountain lion guarding my place, but it probably wouldn’t stay around after watching that thing run and jump as if it were flying through the air. Besides its much too big for the cat house. LOL

Fantastic...you must have been a bit of a distance from the cat, I mean--it is usually the cat that sees you first...they are tremendous at clearing ground for sure....was the cat full grown? I would imagine the wolf would be a bit hesitant on that living cohabitation :eek::)

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
Fantastic...you must have been a bit of a distance from the cat, I mean--it is usually the cat that sees you first...they are tremendous at clearing ground for sure....was the cat full grown? I would imagine the wolf would be a bit hesitant on that living cohabitation :eek::)
It was about 300 yards from me and my truck was between us. I suddenly remembered that my camera was in the truck and I started running toward it to get the camera when it got scared and ran off. I see them all the time, but never seem to have my camera with me. Once I saw a bear with two cubs and I was just amazed that I totally forgot that I had a camera phone in my pocket.

Oh I think it might have been full grown and large enough to bring down a deer.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
So I just found out that the dog is a female and has not been spayed. They said she is in heat right now and they are not going to bring her over this weekend because of it. My wife is sending them a text to take a photo because we still haven’t seen the dog.

I’m starting to have a bad feeling about this whole deal and I may have to back off. It saddens me deeply to back out and I wish I never even heard of the dog, but I just don’t have the time or energy to deal with this. If I only had the one dog it would be different, but I’m afraid for anything to happen to my older dog.

Anyway if they email me a photo, I’ll post it as soon as I get it.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
OMG I'm in love.:<3:

I have not meet the dog yet, but I just finally received the photos and shes beautiful although I'm not sure if my wall around the yard is tall enough. It looks like she will be able to look right into my neighbors yard and I'm afraid that she may jump over if she likes what she sees.:eek:

Wolf%20Dog_zpspbgsffat.png

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
My wife said that she wants to talk the owner and maybe get something in writing from before we commit to this, because from what shes hearing from other people there may be a problem later on and the first thing we would do is get her spayed.
I don't know how tall the guy in the photo is, but the dog appears to stand pretty tall and I'm thinking about my wall. I'm not sure if the neighbors would go for me razing the wall up a few feet. They say the dog is not a jumper, but I've seen that change before. She looks young and still has time to figure things out.
I just don't know what to do at this point, I really like the looks of the dog and want her, but I don't think shes going to happy here. I plan on moving to a larger piece of property when I retire, but that may be too late.

ILoveTorts&Gerbils

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I really want an Utonagan. Not just because of its appearance. But partly, and people do say not to judge on appearances.

I just love wolves. In the meantime, here is Paddy. He's affectionately known as 'the werewolf' because of his wonky teeth that show when he rolls over. He looks like he's snarling- but he really isn't!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440696264.321742.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440696280.259546.jpg

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
I really wish I had a place to have it not only because of her beauty but because of the respect uninvited people would have if they were to encounter her in my yard. I know how some of my neighbors react to my other dog and I would be in trouble already if they only knew the truth. LOL
I would sleep well at night with her on guard, but it just wasn't in my cards to keep her. Anyway the people who had her turned her over to a place who specializes in these so I guess she will be OK.