Contradictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I think it's funny how there are people on this forum who are bound that their way is the only way, and then someone says something that contradicts their way and they demand proof. When the proof proves the initial person wrong, conversation stops from that person. It seems these people are constantly proven wrong, yet they still scream that their way is the one and only right way to care for something. I don't get it...

When you look and their animals, they tend to post the same one or two out of many in their collection. Then they show another picture, and upon looking closely, you see pyramiding in several torts in the background. These are not the ones that are typically posted, as these are not the nicest individuals in the collection and obviously don't prove any points about proper care..

I don't know...

Rudeness is not the key to success.

Sorry... Mini rant after reading a few threads just a second ago.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
If you are discussing who I think you are, I know he has some older, 'pre-pyramided' torts that may be what you are referring to. One of mine, for example, is pretty pineappley but was that way when I got him as a baby.

Sadly, no amount of good care will eliminate pre-existing pyramids.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I for one have several heavily pyramided tortoises. They came to me that way, due to improper care from previous owners. That is not a reliable way to gauge the care that they receive now. In a year I'll show you smooth new growth ;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
"These are not the ones that are typically posted, as these are not the nicest individuals in the collection and obviously don't prove any points about proper care.."

They are not posted because that breeder did not raise them. There are some breeders who acquire tortoises for breeding purposes. When they post pictures they usually post pictures of the one's that they produced, not the ones that are used for breeding that they did not raise. I know many breeders who feel that their way is the right way and I have been put down on other forums for even suggesting certain ways of raising tortoises that's not their way. The particular breeder that I think you are talking about has raised many beautiful tortoises. I'm sure he's a little eccentric, but is always there to help anyone who needs it.

M

Maggie Cummings

Well, I don't know who you are specifically talking about but I apologize for you not being very satisfied here. This is a great group with a lot of friendly people. We are almost at our 5000th member. We have a core group who post everyday or almost everyday and they are maily pretty great people. I have had a few problems with other members, but I try not to let it bother me too much. If you are having problems with a specific member I would stay away from that person's posts or threads. If you have any problem with another member you can always take it to one of us moderators and we would love to help you solve the problem.
Again I apologize and I would hope you will stay here and not allow that person to 'get' to you. This is the best forum around. We are young and learning and I am certain you would enjoy it here and help us create an amazing forum. Please feel free to PM me if you think I can help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.