Cooper update.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Hello people! Cooper is still right at 50 pounds and is at 22.5 inches long now. His weight has stopped climbing for now. I just wanted to give an update! I hope you all are doing well!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Here is my buddy Cooper relaxing in the bath after having lunch. He just loves to stretch them legs out in the warm tub. They were all stretched way out but by the time I got the camera he had pulled them in some.

Attachments

• 100_0189.JPG
    100_0189.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 100_0190.JPG
    100_0190.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 88

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He is a beautiful fella. Sounds like a real character and a great best friend pet. I bet it's not that much fun picking him up and getting him into the tub. You need one of those tubs that has the door in it, so he can pretty much walk right in:D Wouldn't that be a hoot for the company installing it, and it's for a tortoise. You will need one of those stair lift things if you ever live in a house and your bedroom is on the second floor:p:D
Btw, sure hope you doing well these days. Miss seeing ya on more often:)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
He is a beautiful fella. Sounds like a real character and a great best friend pet. I bet it's not that much fun picking him up and getting him into the tub. You need one of those tubs that has the door in it, so he can pretty much walk right in:D Wouldn't that be a hoot for the company installing it, and it's for a tortoise. You will need one of those stair lift things if you ever live in a house and your bedroom is on the second floor:p:D
Btw, sure hope you doing well these days. Miss seeing ya on more often:)
Hi Barb! We have been talking about ways to get him to the tub here in the future. The door tub seems like the right idea for sure!! Getting him there will be easy. I light trained him when he was a baby. He knew if there was a light shining on the ground, there would be food. And to this day he still does it. He still is doing great with the potty in the tub also. He still wakes me up and stomps on me to say "HEY DUMB A*S, I need to go now!!" lol! He is something else. I am trying to get back on more, just been having more problems, so I go to the neurologist on the 7th and the neurosurgeon on the 14th. But, here again, money is a HUGE issue. The surgeon wants $250 just to see me for my 1st appointment.. I don’t know what to do. Either cancel and possible die from what’s wrong, of sell a kidney and hope for the best. Oh well... Also on that note, I was getting very upset with certain members that would like belittle me for every piece of advice that I would try and give. I would never tell anyone anything that would cause harm, I’m sure you know that. But some people just cant help themselves and they fell better about themselves by making someone look dumb.. Hope all is well up north! Did you finish getting moved and unpacked? Have a great day! :)

Last edited:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
So cute! He sounds like a dog! Or a little kid! LOL
Thank you! And he sure is more dog like then anything. I never dreamed he would have such a huge personality! It blows everyone away that meets him as well. I guess you just never think of a tortoise like that until you raise one and see for yourself. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Those people, just pass them up:D Moved in, still busy, lots of company, but all is good. Take care, write the doc a funny check and by the time he knows it, the appointment is over:p:D.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Cooper is one good looking guy! I can't believe u toilet trained him... That's amazing...
It was hard enough toilet training my puppy! Wouldn't know where to begin with a tortoise! That's really clever...

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Tennessee
That's awesome! I wish I had a potty trained tortoise. Mine will go during his bath, but also everywhere else.