Cooper update.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Cooper's 20 month stat's are as follow's. He is 17lb's on the nose, and 14 1/2 inch's long. He just keep's explode'n! So that's the good new's this month. The really totally lousy bad crapy news is I had the opportunity of a lifetime, in my opinion, from a very nice member of our great forum, but since I've been jobless for month's and still waiting on SS disability, and unemployment don't pay a whole lot to have any extra money, that chance I had has went down the drain. I'm the most bummed I have been in a long time. I don't want to give details, as I feel that would violate the friendship that member and I have. I will say that it is something I have bug'd this person about for many month's. I guess it could be worse, but I am very use to being a spoiled brat. But I want to thank this person from the bottom of my heart for the chance to do this.
Picture of Cooper doing what we do every night, after our daily bath, we go to the living room, and lay on the pillows and heating blanket I have laid out for him for about 4 to 5 hour's. He just loves it. He will walk around for a bit, then get on his pillow's and sleep for hour's. My best friend is a tortoise, and I don't think I would change a thing!
IMG_20121006_223542-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well I have not been on much, my cell died and I am working on get'n a new 1 now, I dont use my pc hardly at all anymore, but Cooper is still explode'n! Gonna work on a few new pic's tonight for you that are still interested in his crazy growing cycle! On a great note, the member that has gave me the opportunity of a lifetime has left the door open for me. Details to come once it is a done deal. Im so excited!!! Have a great day friends!!

WinterDB

5 Year Member
cemmons12 said:
Well I have not been on much, my cell died and I am working on get'n a new 1 now, I dont use my pc hardly at all anymore, but Cooper is still explode'n! Gonna work on a few new pic's tonight for you that are still interested in his crazy growing cycle! On a great note, the member that has gave me the opportunity of a lifetime has left the door open for me. Details to come once it is a done deal. Im so excited!!! Have a great day friends!!

I definitely am!

WinterDB said:
I definitely am!

Excited in his growing cycle, that is..
I should have specified.. XD

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Can't wait to hear the details about your chance in a lifetime. If it were me, it would have something to do with a star tortoise or an albino/ivory (not too picky) sulcata tortoise. I am on pins and needles to hear more about it. Also, I can't wait to see more pics of Cooper. Such a fun sulcata!:) I hope things start looking up for you. If Romney gets elected you should be able to get a job soon but if Obama gets reelected, may the Lord have mercy on our nation!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hiiiii Chris!!!!! and our handsome Chunk O Dunk Coop....:p I have not been able to be here as often as I LOVE to...but am trying to catch up every opportunity I get.....I am totally loving the pics and the updates here.....give Coop a kiss and treat---good grief he is withering a way to nothing.....lol :p:p

I too am excited to hear of your potential new venture....

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ok, I was able 2 get 1 good pic of the spoiled little pooper, he just didn't want 2 sit still, lol!
1018020014_0001.jpg
Thanks for all the nice comments. And I will email you in a little bit Angela. As far as what Cooper eats, he gets a lot of different mixed greens, Mazuri tortoise diet, and timothy hay, and he may get some type of squash or some watermelon once in a while as a treat.
Have a great weekend my friends!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
Absolutely handsome....love love love his leg spikes!!!!! :D
Thanks sooo much Angela!!Ill tell ya what, you know how I love spending time with him and now we spend hours on the floor crawling around (just him, not me!) and laying on his brand new heating blanket, but I wish there was a way 2 get him 2 understand that he is putting a lot of holes and cuts in my shirts and my arms with them big a** spikes! Lol!!! He just loves to get as close to me as he can before he falls asleep. He is a total riot. Now if we fall asleep he started doing this thing (if my face is in the right position) where he will stretch his head waaay out and lay his head on my nose or chin or where ever he can and that's how he will wake me up, he is something else for sure. I'm trying to get my wife to catch him wake'n me up like that so she can get some pictures, would make great backgrounds for my cell and facebook and whatever else. :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL....he sounds as though he is doing the "keeping you in the same spot so I can sleep" move....lol....see, if he lays his head out over you and snugs up as close as possible...then he can sleep but will know right away the moment you decide to move---then he can put those spikes right into you and assure you stay put!!!!!....lol...love it, however at the rate he is growing--that chunk o dunk---I would begin to figure out some tort socks for him to wear when he is 100+ pounds and comes lumbering into lay down with you...hahaha, now that is the pic I am looking forward to seeing....good stuff for sure.:p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
LOL....he sounds as though he is doing the "keeping you in the same spot so I can sleep" move....lol....see, if he lays his head out over you and snugs up as close as possible...then he can sleep but will know right away the moment you decide to move---then he can put those spikes right into you and assure you stay put!!!!!....lol...love it, however at the rate he is growing--that chunk o dunk---I would begin to figure out some tort socks for him to wear when he is 100+ pounds and comes lumbering into lay down with you...hahaha, now that is the pic I am looking forward to seeing....good stuff for sure.:p
Hahaha, I can picture it now, grand-ma can maked him some socks out of kevlar or something else that's bullet proof! :) you crack me up! :p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well Cooper and I just went and done his 21 month weigh in and got measured. Current stats are: 19.6 lbs, and right at 15 1/4 inch's long. Before to long he will weigh more then he is old in month's, I thought he may hit it this time, but lucky for me he didn't this month. Hope those of you that still look forward to Sir Cooper's updates are still keeping up to date with them as I really look forward to reading all of your replies and thoughts on his crazy growth. I know its old news now but it still baffles me as to why he is get'n so big so fast. And I look forward to everyones thoughts on it. Have a great day forum friends!! :)

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
One thing that I want to say is that you give hope to all the northern folks for owning a big ol sully. Of course you have obviously devoted a lot of time to him but none the less you have proven its possible to raise a big sully up north. With as much interaction as you have with him im assumimg he has free roam of the house or at least a room?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
jtrux said:
One thing that I want to say is that you give hope to all the northern folks for owning a big ol sully. Of course you have obviously devoted a lot of time to him but none the less you have proven its possible to raise a big sully up north. With as much interaction as you have with him im assumimg he has free roam of the house or at least a room?

Yeah, due to his big size, he now has about 18 hours a day of free roam. And since the waterbed is to much for my low back tumor and the Lupus, Cooper and I took over the living room floor at bedtime. He sleeps right next to me all night unless his heating blanky get to warm then he will go for a walk and either take a nap else where or just go cool off and come back. The best part is since I still bath him every night, he hasn't had 1 accident since I started this current way of doing things. He is pretty amazing and smart. Thanks for the nice comment! Always happy to get them!! :)
And yeah, I devote A LOT of time to him. Honestly I hate leaving him at the house when we go to mom n laws house everyday for dinner. He just gives me the big ole said eyes look and makes me feel all guilty! Have a great evening!

KBisMe

5 Year Member
Maricopa, AZ
Aww I love this thread! He is super cute and what an awesome personality! I just got my babies and I melt when they eat greens out of my hands and let me pet their heads. I hope my torts are as sweet as yours!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Honestly I hate leaving him at the house when we go to mom n laws house everyday for dinner. He just gives me the big ole said eyes look and makes me feel all guilty!

LOL...Chris, he is probably looking at you with the sad ole eyes because he knows you are going to where food is at and he is not going to be there to eat it....LOL...just messin with ya.

I love hearing you dote over him and I love hearing the updates on Sir Chunk O Dunk (aka; Cooper :p)....I especially love pics *hint hint wink wink--did you get it?* huh? :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
ascott said:
Honestly I hate leaving him at the house when we go to mom n laws house everyday for dinner. He just gives me the big ole said eyes look and makes me feel all guilty!

LOL...Chris, he is probably looking at you with the sad ole eyes because he knows you are going to where food is at and he is not going to be there to eat it....LOL...just messin with ya.

I love hearing you dote over him and I love hearing the updates on Sir Chunk O Dunk (aka; Cooper :p)....I especially love pics *hint hint wink wink--did you get it?* huh? :D
Hint, what hint? Lol! Pictures to come my dear! Got to have our bath and clean our dirty greens/mazuri covered face, as we do every night. Love the nickname btw! :) Hope u r have'n a great day my good friend!

KBisMe said:
Aww I love this thread! He is super cute and what an awesome personality! I just got my babies and I melt when they eat greens out of my hands and let me pet their heads. I hope my torts are as sweet as yours!
Thanks for the nice comments! :) Just a word of advice, spend as much time as you can with ur babies! I whole heartedly believe that he is the way he is because I treat him more like a child then just some tortoise pet that looks good as a backyard ornament. He has more personality then I ever dreamed or even thought possible. Have a great day! And good luck with your wonderfull little babies! They are sure great little buddies! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Cooper dressed up as a heating blanket for halloween! Sorry Angela, I will get some more pictures. He was just cracking me up this morning so I took this picture.
IMG_20121107_141614.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
No sorry needed....that is an adorable pic and what awesome spikes on those legs....beautiful....absolutely beautiful ;)