Cut in hind leg of Indian star tortoise

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, OR
"Would betadine too harsh if applied directly?" YES! It'll burn like crazy. Get a tube of triple antibiotic ointment same as we use on ourselves. Very benign, painless, waterproof and works to.

Parthjain

Location (City and/or State)
India
This little star is on my mind, so I was thinking... could the puffy legs be from eating to much? I have seen it with Turtles. What does your little star eat?

I so hope he/she will be ok!!
Hi, suddenly he had stop anything other than turtle food. I have kept turtle food for emergency in case I dont have fresh veggies. Tortoise food is not available in India. I know turtle food has lots of protein. I think I feed him too much. He want to be hand fed. He is very cute.
My star got well after I started applying coconut oil and camphor. His upper skin is removing slowly and he is getting a new skin beneath it but today I saw him limping. His new skin on one of the leg is also shedding.
Currently I am Keeping him on cardboard. It's too hot in mumbai from last two days bcz of heat waves.
Skin from every part of his body is shedding. Is this normal.
And why my IP address gets banned on tortoise forum? I have been trying to log in since last 15 days.