Dirty 30 Birthday Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
I'm putting together a "Dirty 30" party for my wife's 30th birthday next month. We are creating a mud pit, probably something like 40' wide and 60-80' long, and I'm looking for ideas for games we could play in there which would get everyone pretty dirty. Things like 3 legged race, etc are what I'm after. I'm putting down 8-12" of clean sand, so we'll be running around barefoot. There'll be around 40-50 people which we are also feeding, so any ideas would be appreciated! I looked around on Google, and most of the "dirty 30" things were sexual. We're keeping it clean, I guess you could say.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Tug of war. Isn't she pregnant? Are you sure she is going to like this Dirty Thirty idea?

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Angi said:
Tug of war. Isn't she pregnant? Are you sure she is going to like this Dirty Thirty idea?

She is lightly pregnant, yes LOL.... This was her idea! I'm just the one that has to spend all the time and money putting it together. We'll keep her out of the rougher contests. I don't think 3 legged races or tug of war (good idea) will be a big deal. I'm not interested enough in football to bother playing that.

missmoofi

5 Year Member
Murcia, Spain
sounds fun if she is up for it :D tug o war is fun, Im thinking twister, but not sure how that would work :p whats that one where teams have to pass a piece of fruit in a queue without touch it with their hands, you know under the chin etc....that might be fun..., apple bobbing in a seperate barrel / bin of clean water....I guess a buffet of finger food would be easiest for feeding everyone lol

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
How 'bout mud wrestling...pregnant wives (even lightly pregnant) need not participate.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
DeanS said:
How 'bout mud wrestling...pregnant wives (even lightly pregnant) need not participate.

Well, I wasn't going to charge admission, but with that going on, I could easily cover the cost of drinks and burgers LOL!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
What about frisbee golf? or a treasure hunt. Put poker chips in the mud and have a prize for the person that finds the most.

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Try looking up kids "messy parties". I threw one for my boys and there is a TON of ideas. We had a spaghetti fight, among other things. :D

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Okay I came up with two more. A long jump contest and water ballon fight, or a water ballon toss,the type you can do with an egg where you see which team can toss the water ballon back an forth with out breaking it.
For a treat you can make pudding cups with crushed Oreos and gummy worms on top.
As much as I hate getting dirty, I love planning parties so I am sure I will come up with more ideas. Oh...how about a limbo?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I second twister you could adapt an old twister mat or make your own on the mud it is sure to get everyone dirty, after seeing your wife I did not think she was close to 30 (I mean that in a good way)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I like that treasure hunt idea, they will for sure get dirty trying to get chips out of the mud to win a prize..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How about mud-bobbing for apples? ...no hands now...

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
mud_pie.jpg

mud pie!

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
It can be tough to get EVERY ONE involved in games and events so may I suggest setting up the Buffet and Bar on an "Island" in the middle of the mud pit. I guarantee no one goes home without stained clothes. I hope you're planning a temporary shower area as well. Some folks don't like to get the car dirty.

Sounds awesome though!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Water-balloon battles (make up teams or alliances, whichever is more to your liking)...huge fun!

Also, in that vein, "Super Soaker Sole Survivor"...kinda like Lazer Tag, but wetter.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Make sure you have a camera person! This is one party which could be hilarious watching. :cool: :D

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
The problem with much food being involved is that it we are doing it out on our (vacant) land, where we don't yet have a house or structure (kitchen), so there is no way to keep anything cool or do much prep out there. I've got a few tractors and a water truck there, and we will have a hose for people to rinse off, but we have already suggested that they bring a change of clothes.

We did find lots of "messy party" ideas, and many of them we will use, but probably not the "food fight" types just because it's outdoors, and a huge amount of almost any food wouldn't really amount to much when you're running around what is basically a flooded volleyball court.

Looks like we are bringing in 95 tons of sand for this.... We'll have a photo person, as well as a BBQ person.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
There's a couple of big Joshua trees in the desert a few hundred feet away LOL.... It's only going to be about 2-3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.