Do you love your tortoise?

awesomecs

5 Year Member
I love my tortoise I know she most likely doesn't love me but I can live with that its like loving a girl when she doesn't know you I hope to grow old with her she's kinda like a teen who acts like they care what you say but arnet listening

madge1234

I totally love my tort! When she ran away from home, I was devastated like there was a huge hole in my heart. I spent all day, every day either physically searching for her or getting the word out that she was missing and hundreds of dollars in printing flyers and then in rewards after she was found.

She probably could care less about me and my family, but I think she's just beyond precious!

Dessy

I don't have many friends so i develop strong bonds with my pets (my animal friends) and i love my tort especailly. I love waking up and having breakfast with him and sitting outside enjoying the sun :) he's the best company even though i probably drive him crazy :p

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I don't have many friends so i develop strong bonds with my pets (my animal friends) and i love my tort especailly. I love waking up and having breakfast with him and sitting outside enjoying the sun :) he's the best company even though i probably drive him crazy :p
You don't have many friends ? The TFO is 48,000 strong I think that's a lot of friends ! Have a great day ! :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I don't think I love my tortoises but I do love who they are and respect them.
Mine are very well taken care of!
I really do love my dogs!!
I can't say I love my Guinea pigs but I do like them a lot and love taking care of them and talking with them.

Rehoming a tortoise is 100% easier than rehoming a dog! Dogs and cats have feelings but a tort would just leave and wait for the new food God to show up.
A dog/cat gets attached to us and would whine try to find us!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I completely adore my Tidgy.
I love her SO, SO much it hurts.
Nearly as much as I love wifey and that's a lot.
I know Tidgy doesn't reciprocate these feelings but she knows I'm a good thing in her life and it's just a beautiful relationship.
I will never have any human kids, but Tidgy is my little girl and deserves my complete adulation.
So there. :)

Kori5

I completely adore my Tidgy.
I love her SO, SO much it hurts.
Nearly as much as I love wifey and that's a lot.
I know Tidgy doesn't reciprocate these feelings but she knows I'm a good thing in her life and it's just a beautiful relationship.
I will never have any human kids, but Tidgy is my little girl and deserves my complete adulation.
So there. :)
I love your comment and how much you love her.

Tori Sparrow

Central Florida
I suppose that in a world where people "love" everyone & everything from their life mate to a slice of pizza it's hard to qualify what "love" is. I believe it is a choice, evidenced by action (or inaction), having nothing to do with the object of affection as much as the one loving.
So then, it is totally possible for some people to love their torts and others not to, even while both provide each tort with a home.
Do I feel the same way about my tort as my cat? No. But I care for them both and enjoy them. Just differently as they are different.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I never wanted a tort, they wouldn't even have made it on to my list of desirable pets, but then Lola accidentally ended up in my home!
He costs me a fortune in heating and food and I can no longer just throw a bag in the car and take off when I want to which I miss, but Lola comes first and I would be devastated if anything happened to him or if I couldn't care for him properly and had to give him up.
So although he doesn't show any feelings for me (apart from trust when he lets me stroke his legs and falls asleep) I would say I love him to bits!!

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Any animal that makes its way into my home, I meet with love. I absolutely love my tortoise and my turtles. Though, I think the turtles have more interest in me than the tortoise does (red eared sliders get pretty darn inquisitive, plus they've always go that, FEED ME vibe). But I love all my animals, even my fish!

I totally agree about the fashion part !! People just get them to have them but they are on the earth for a reason,to be taken care of and loved just like us humans