Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I look forward to any loop hole you can find that says a license is not required to drive on a public road.
Why is your driving that bad ? If so move to AZ . They drive slow in the left lane , slow down to enter the expressway , and they stop in the right lane to make a left turn .

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Why is your driving that bad ? If so move to AZ . They drive slow in the left lane , slow down to enter the expressway , and they stop in the right lane to make a left turn .

Because it would mean that I learned something. I doubt any actual loop hole exists but if there is one that is legit and not the product of selective quotation or misunderstanding then I would like to see it.

People drive like that everywhere

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Because it would mean that I learned something. I doubt any actual loop hole exists but if there is one that is legit and not the product of selective quotation or misunderstanding then I would like to see it.

People drive like that everywhere
Please don't say that I'm hoping there is a nice place to drive in this messed up world .

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Please don't say that I'm hoping there is a nice place to drive in this messed up world .
No, you're right. People in Arizona drive worse, at least around Phoenix. Other areas have their own particular foibles. In Texas, they come to a complete stop before accelerating onto the freeway. I've seen them drive up the grass to exit, rather waiting until they reached an exit. In the South, they have drive through daiquiri stands, so I don't know how sober some of the drivers are.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here is how I found my information . Go down town to the law library . Look up freedoms of movement .Then you'll have to look up carriages under the definition of law. Then talk to the legal assistant about what you are looking for .She will show you two other books on driving regulations in your state . If you are lucky or spend a month or so driving to down town you will meet some law students and they will help you also . I didn't just pull this out of thin air or hearsay. The way I first heard about it was YouTube .There's a know your rights channel .A guy was doing this with a affidavit of truth . Which is signed by a judge and notarized . You must have this paper with you . It's more work than what it is worth by far . I just so happened to have to drive my wife to the library to do legal crap for her boss .So this is what I did while she was doing her thing . Boy now do I wish I would have kept and noted all the information I found . You are not going to find it as easily as internet searches . If that was the case everyone would be doing it . An on top of that it's up to the officers to wright you a ticket or let you go . How many officers will not wright you a ticket not many here in Houston . Then you will have to go down town again for Court on your ticket . Then it's up to that judges decision to charge you or dismiss said ticket . It's a hassle all the way around . But you can do it .

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Article 4 free inhabitants. Look that up it's a good read . Police operate under color of law . Color of law is totally different . Read up on color of laws .

M

Maggie Cummings

Why would you go to court so you don't have to have a license? I've heard it's fairly simple to get one in the US (we have to take 20-50 hours lessons and a theoretic and practical exam; many people fail 1-3 times...). I'm just happy with this system, this means most people at least know the basics of rules and driving technique!

No it doesn't. All a driver's license in the US does is give identification on who you are to the cops when you f**k up. I was an over the road driver for 10 years or something, I pulled a 53'trailer in every state in the continental United States, ('cept Alaska) and I can tell you MOST drivers don't know how to avoid an accident that's about to happen, as they were never taught to actually handle a car. I know how to slide, do donuts (very important) and how to use speed to avoid an oncoming accident, instead of slamming on the brakes and having an accident. Speed wins every time. Most people HAVE to get in front of me, but then they don't want to go as fast as I was going. This right turn on Red, is HIGHLY misunderstood. You can only turn right against the red, WHEN NO ONE IS COMING. That means that if you pull out in front of me in my red Camaro, sh!t is gonna rain all over you and your car. That is my biggest complaint. When these jerks slow me down, or make me put my foot on the brake it cost me gas mileage, hence, costs money, and causes road rage. That's one reason I mainly drive during hours that no one else is out. The store opens at 5 am, I'm there. I was taught to drive by a motor head, then I took Bob Bonderant's offensive driving course, and 8 months in truck driver school.
now the Oregon Powers That Be are talking about raising our state speed limit to 75. Holy crap, accidents, Batman.
These Oregonians can't even get up to the 55 speed limit, you just don't automatically know how to drive at high speeds. Jeez I want to legally go faster, but not with a group of dumb a**es who don't know how to drive fast....I'm ranting now, sorry...
Plus, I have driven lots without a proper license, but I did keep insurance, and I did go to court when requested. Several times in fact and each time I told the judge that Social Security didn't pay enough for me to afford the license fee, gas and insurance. So the license lost out. I won 3 out of about 7 times.
Oh and now I have an 8 year license.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
That made me laugh.
Reading what you guys say about driving over there, it really does sound bad. We get idiots like most but it seems anyone can jump in a car and drive over there. In the uk you under go on average 50hrs of lessons on the road, and you have to pass a practical and theory test. There's also a hazard perception coarse. Then if you do a pass plus test you can get your insurance down.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
That made me laugh.
Reading what you guys say about driving over there, it really does sound bad. We get idiots like most but it seems anyone can jump in a car and drive over there. In the uk you under go on average 50hrs of lessons on the road, and you have to pass a practical and theory test. There's also a hazard perception coarse. Then if you do a pass plus test you can get your insurance down.
All of the above still doesn't stop road rage or someone going down the motorways the wrong way.

Try driving in Malta. They use the horn instead of the breaks.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Germany. Best drivers I've ever seen.
I agree, and they have some autobahns with unlimited speed restrictions. I'm sure I read somewhere once that statistically they have less road accidents than anywhere else in Europe. I drove there once, it was a pleasure.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If people would keep the same attitude when they drive as they do when meeting new friends the roads would be safer . It seems as soon as people get in a car its screw you buddy . They get if you're not first you're last attitude .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
No it doesn't. All a driver's license in the US does is give identification on who you are to the cops when you f**k up. I was an over the road driver for 10 years or something, I pulled a 53'trailer in every state in the continental United States, ('cept Alaska) and I can tell you MOST drivers don't know how to avoid an accident that's about to happen, as they were never taught to actually handle a car. I know how to slide, do donuts (very important) and how to use speed to avoid an oncoming accident, instead of slamming on the brakes and having an accident. Speed wins every time. Most people HAVE to get in front of me, but then they don't want to go as fast as I was going. This right turn on Red, is HIGHLY misunderstood. You can only turn right against the red, WHEN NO ONE IS COMING. That means that if you pull out in front of me in my red Camaro, sh!t is gonna rain all over you and your car. That is my biggest complaint. When these jerks slow me down, or make me put my foot on the brake it cost me gas mileage, hence, costs money, and causes road rage. That's one reason I mainly drive during hours that no one else is out. The store opens at 5 am, I'm there. I was taught to drive by a motor head, then I took Bob Bonderant's offensive driving course, and 8 months in truck driver school.
now the Oregon Powers That Be are talking about raising our state speed limit to 75. Holy crap, accidents, Batman.
These Oregonians can't even get up to the 55 speed limit, you just don't automatically know how to drive at high speeds. Jeez I want to legally go faster, but not with a group of dumb a**es who don't know how to drive fast....I'm ranting now, sorry...
Plus, I have driven lots without a proper license, but I did keep insurance, and I did go to court when requested. Several times in fact and each time I told the judge that Social Security didn't pay enough for me to afford the license fee, gas and insurance. So the license lost out. I won 3 out of about 7 times.
Oh and now I have an 8 year license.....
And this is why I like Maggie ! No bulls*** type of person . Love you Maggie keep speaking your mind people will hear you one day .

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Article 4 free inhabitants. Look that up it's a good read . Police operate under color of law . Color of law is totally different . Read up on color of laws .

Article 4 of what? If it's what I think it is, it has no bearing on driving without a license.

DutchieAmanda

5 Year Member
Netherlands
No it doesn't. All a driver's license in the US does is give identification on who you are to the cops when you f**k up.

Haha, great rant! I meant that the Dutch system makes sure you know the basics of driving if you have a license :D

And yes, driving in Germany is fun! However, don't go slow (<120 km/h) on the left lane :D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Article 4 of what? If it's what I think it is, it has no bearing on driving without a license.
Of civil liberties. You are blinded on what you think the laws are . Don't fill bad not that you do . But the people in charge are making people believed in false truths . Those of us free thinkers that are very rare and far between do seek truth and justice . It seems you never even researched anything until I said something . Then you jump on the Machine . To try and find something to hold me down to shut me up . But what you don't realize this is not a game . Read the DMV's definition of what a driver's license is. You are probably one of the people that corroborate with US check point like you live in Nazi Germany. ( No offense to people that live in Germany) Your civil liberties are being taken one at a time until you wake up and take your country back . It's not only trying to get you to go down town and pick up a book its getting others to do the same . Police are not here to help you . They have the job to uphold our freedoms but all they do is take . You have blinders on and choose to follow instead of leading people to the truth .For everyone that doesn't want to hear me and think I'm full of crap go on know your rights .org and sister websites read them . They are good starting points but follow up on them.You are probably one of the people that think our Confederate flag is racist . But I think this discussion is getting out of hand . I'll just drop it with this . Don't listen to me or Jaizei do your own research and free your mind . That's if you love this country an what it was founded on ,or choose to live controlled by unjust laws .

Last edited:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Of civil liberties. You are blinded on what you think the laws are . Don't fill bad not that you do . But the people in charge are making people believed in false truths . Those of us free thinkers that are very rare and far between do seek truth and justice . It seems you never even researched anything until I said something . Then you jump on the Machine . To try and find something to hold me down to shut me up . But what you don't realize this is not a game . Read the DMV's definition of what a driver's license is. You are probably one of the people that corroborate with US check point like you live in Nazi Germany. ( No offense to people that live in Germany) Your civil liberties are being taken one at a time until you wake up and take your country back . It's not only trying to get you to go down town and pick up a book its getting others to do the same . Police are not here to help you . They have the job to uphold our freedoms but all they do is take . You have blinders on and choose to follow instead of leading people to the truth .For everyone that doesn't want to hear me and think I'm full of crap go on know your rights .org and sister websites read them . They are good starting points but follow up on them.You are probably one of the people that think our Confederate flag is racist . But I think this discussion is getting out of hand . I'll just drop it with this . Don't listen to me or Jaizei do your own research and free your mind . That's if you love this country an what it was founded on ,or choose to live controlled by unjust laws .

We should probably start with a big ol' LOL.

Once again, you are wrong. Everything you've posted in this thread has been wrong. Article 4 of Civil Liberties? Please explain where such a document may be found. The Constitution? Or the Articles of Confederation, which was superseded by the Constitution. If you're gonna lecture me and make assumptions that I don't have a clue, you should do a better job of knowing what you're talking about. Make a better, somewhat coherent argument and I'll try to explain to you why it is wrong. I can assure you that I had read up on the topic before you mentioned it; that's why I immediately knew you were wrong and what would follow. Speaking of 'following'; you are posting references that are either irrelevant to the point, taken out of context, or even contradict your point.

Perhaps you can provide the definition that you are referring to from the DMV. I showed you the relevant portion of the Texas Transportation Code above.

And sorry, I'm still laughing. This post is l i t e r a l l y the best caricature of someone saying what you are saying possible.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
...And this thread will be closed within the next 24 hours.

If you want to say something do it now. (within the guidelines)

this is why we can't have nice things....

M

Maggie Cummings

Oregon has voted to give drivers licenses to illegal aliens.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The term motor vehicle means every description of carriage or other propelled or drawn by mechanical power used for commercial purpose on the highways in the transportation of passengers and property. 18 usc see 31
The term used for commercial purposes means the carriage of persons for any fee .
18usc see 31
The term automobile means a 4 wheeled vehicle that is propelled by fuel or by alternative fuel manufactured primarily for the use on public roads streets and highways and rated at less than 10000 pounds gross vehicle weight
49 USC see 32901
The term automobile includes an automobile rated at not more than 8500 pounds gross vehicle weight regardless of whether the secretary of transportation has proved this capter to the automobile under section 39901 of the title 49 USC see 32908 .
Now you see a motor vehicle is used for commercial purposes and is for profit .
The term traveler means a person who passes from place to place for any reason . Blacks law dictionary 9th edition .
The term driver means one employed in conducting a coach carriage wagon or other vehicle .
Bouvier law dictionary 6 th edition. The term driver license according to the law is defined as the state issued certificate authorizing a person to operate a motor vehicle .
Blacks law dictionary 9th edition .
Driving a motor vehicle is a privilege . In supreme court rulings for commercial purposes the highways are primarily for the use of public and in the interest of the public . The state may prohibit or regulate the use of the highways for personal gain .
Barney V railroad commissioners .
17p - 2d82 . A citizen has the right to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property therein . That right does not extend to the use of the highways either in whole or in part as a place for private gain. For the letter purpose no person has a vested to use the highways of the state but is a privilege or a license which the legislature may grant or withhold at its discretion .
State vs Johnson 243 p 1073
The US supreme court is persistent on the matter ruling time and time again .Traveling in ones automobile for personal use to be an inherent right not to be regulated by the local state or federal legislators with the only exception being to regulate commerce upon the public roads and highways .
Understand common law and inherent right . To travel by automobile we know now that a mandatory drivers license safety and administration registration and auto insurance applies only to those operating a motor vehicle for gain on the public street road and highways .
Many lawyers and bureaucrats will claim that no where in the constitution is it written that the people have the right to travel and they're absolutely right . However what they fail to understand is that the constitution wasn't written to limit the peoples rights . We the people wrote the constitution to limit the power of government . Although the right to travel doesn't derive directly from the Constitution it does derived from peoples common law .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.