Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Holy crap. I'm amazed you aren't banned just for posting this. Thats so offensive! ;)

Regardless whether you do/don't need a license to drive, anyone who has ever driven south of West Palm Beach in Florida will be thankful that the acquisition of a drivers license is seen as a requirement. Or up in the redneck woods around Brooksville. Some of the drivers down here are the scariest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen the nude beaches around Daytona….

As someone who held a CDL I knew I was doing wrong. But I did keep insurance, if you are talking about driving without a license. I didn't say what I did was right, I just said I did it.
If you are talking about my opinion of how people drive? A license does not "teach" a person to really know how to make a decision in a second, or how to handle a car, if my opinion bothers you, I'm sorry. But I drive a lot, I was a professional driver, and I'm an American, so I am entitled to my opinion. I didn't say anything offensive.

M

Maggie Cummings

I hold a Florida class A CDL license with several other endorsements yet I am certainly not the world's best driver.
I am a much more skilled motorcyclist than an auto or truck driver.
So simply taking tests doesn't make one a great anything.
The state got their money and now I can drive a big rig pulling a tanker of jet fuel.;)
I find the whole process to be little more than a joke.

I held a hazmat endorsement also, tankers etc. But I like to drive a car or big truck the way you and Mike are skilled and like to ride. So, I know and have proven I am a more skilled driver than 80% of the population. The 20% drive for NASCAR....In case it was missed, most of that last part was a joke.
But I will, and have put my driving skills up against anyone. People need to be taught how to think quicker, don't always hit the brakes, the test should be harder, yada yada yada.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Drive it like you stole it isn't an option on a driving test ? Hmmmm that sure is something !

M

Maggie Cummings

No, and you can keep making fun of me, but I belong to a grass roots group who are trying to make the actual talent of HANDLING a car and making quick decisions a requirement of getting a license. Oregon of course has to provide the schooling free just like they give away free food etc. Another Oregon program. But most people think they have a right to drive. But they don't and shouldn't...driving is a privilege and "should" be earned not given willy nilly. Another *****, There's a sign on most hiways that reads..." Slower traffic drive to the right" it doesn't read slower traffic drive to the right unless you're doing the speed limit. Another road rage thing. Don't hold traffic up, I don't give a flying **** if you are doing the speed limit. But if there's 5 cars behind you, or just me, either move over or I rudely go around you and scare you silly. I try to drive calmly and not have some jerk who is doing 50 in a 55 and when I pass him and cut him off, sorta (I just make him think that's what is was), but every jerk now has a cell phone, writes down your tag number and calls the darned cops on you. Takes so much fun out of driving. I must admit it used to be easier and more fun to be an a** to people before cell phones.:) lol
Don't bother reporting me, if you don't get my attempt at some humor, ok, but I was mostly kidding, if you need to be told, cept for the part about the grassroots movement.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I never claimed to be a skilled driver . I ride my Harley better than I drive . You make a mistake on a bike and you won't forget it . I turn into a monster in my truck that's why my wife drives and I play on my phone. Ha-ha

Prairie Mom

Sorry, guys...I hope you'll still interact with me elsewhere on the forum, but I honestly can't believe this thread is still open.

To all Non US members: Please don't think that we all think in such extremes regarding government and law. We're a diverse group and most of our opinions rest somewhere in the middle ground. Most of the country tends to drive in the middle lane with occasional passes into the right and left lanes as we see fit.

To my friends in the South: While we acknowledge that all forms of racism exist and are prevalent far too often (and my family has certainly seen its share too!), we recognize entire groups of people in the South are not racist and that we are all composed of individuals with our own experiences.
bus drinking.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
In the South is the only place you can be stuck in a ditch no matter what color you are and we will pull you out before the cops come . Then go have a beer and make fun of your no driving *** .

keepergale

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
Sorry, guys...I hope you'll still interact with me elsewhere on the forum, but I honestly can't believe this thread is still open.

To all Non US members: Please don't think that we all think in such extremes regarding government and law. We're a diverse group and most of our opinions rest somewhere in the middle ground. Most of the country tends to drive in the middle lane with occasional passes into the right and left lanes as we see fit.

To my friends in the South: While we acknowledge that all forms of racism exist and are prevalent far too often (and my family has certainly seen its share too!), we recognize entire groups of people in the South are not racist and that we are all composed of individuals with our own experiences.
View attachment 160985
Holy Moly. I thought I was following this thread. How did racism pop up. Or the need to apologize for America.
Now for regular scheduled posting.
If people are interested in improving their driving skills(original subject) I would like to suggest trying AutoX.

M

Maggie Cummings

So you are apologizing to the racists who treated me like crap?
and for the millionth time, that is not a Confederate Flag, it's a NASCAR flag, and I was treated less than in the South and I'll repeat it one hundred times. I personally am not a racist, and had never experienced racism until I was treated like crap in the South as a white woman driving a truck.
Think my dinner is ready....:rolleyes:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've got nothing ? We went way south . No pun intended . I Live in Texas . I know the people in Texas are mostly very friendly . But then again I'm not a woman truck driver . I see what you are saying . We had truck drivers in and out of my house when I was a kid . My mom's pool company was next door . So truck drivers delivered pool supplies and tried to give my mom crap . But mom took care of it herself . Was funny to see her tell them off .

Status
Not open for further replies.