Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
What all this crap means is if you say you are driving then you just screwed up . Drivers get paid travelers do not. The DMV articles say the same thing . Driver traveler to totally different things . Are you a US citizen ? If you where born here under law you are not one . If you where born here you are a state citizen to different things under law .
It's a whole lot to understand .

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You may think I don't but I do . The DMV wants you to have a licence they make money from you . The cop pulling you over tells you you have to have one . You better know what you are doing or you will pay the consequences. It's not easy to do .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Why would you just close this thread ?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
O well who cares . Close away Sir !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What you've described sounds like the 4" rule: business can't sell turtles less than 4", but regular hobby people can. Joe Blow can drive without a license, but as soon as he starts driving for his job and making money for it he needs a license?

This is all making my head hurt.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
And sorry, I'm still laughing. This post is l i t e r a l l y the best caricature of someone saying what you are saying possible.

Its obvious Mike is typing on a phone and not spending a lot of time proofreading, but you making fun of him is way out of line. Not cool.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Its obvious Mike is typing on a phone and not spending a lot of time proofreading, but you making fun of him is way out of line. Not cool.

LOL you're adorable. He insults me and I'm out of line.

Also, not making fun of him.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
LOL you're adorable. He insults me and I'm out of line.

Also, not making fun of him.

Actually trying to educate the guy. We are not talking about what we want, but what is the law and it is that you have to have a license to operate a motor vehicle on public roads.

Also, Mikes a big, tough construction worker, I'm not worried about hurting his feeling.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The term motor vehicle means every description of carriage or other propelled or drawn by mechanical power used for commercial purpose on the highways in the transportation of passengers and property. 18 usc see 31
The term used for commercial purposes means the carriage of persons for any fee .
18usc see 31
The term automobile means a 4 wheeled vehicle that is propelled by fuel or by alternative fuel manufactured primarily for the use on public roads streets and highways and rated at less than 10000 pounds gross vehicle weight
49 USC see 32901
The term automobile includes an automobile rated at not more than 8500 pounds gross vehicle weight regardless of whether the secretary of transportation has proved this capter to the automobile under section 39901 of the title 49 USC see 32908 .
Now you see a motor vehicle is used for commercial purposes and is for profit .
The term traveler means a person who passes from place to place for any reason . Blacks law dictionary 9th edition .
The term driver means one employed in conducting a coach carriage wagon or other vehicle .
Bouvier law dictionary 6 th edition. The term driver license according to the law is defined as the state issued certificate authorizing a person to operate a motor vehicle .
Blacks law dictionary 9th edition .
Driving a motor vehicle is a privilege . In supreme court rulings for commercial purposes the highways are primarily for the use of public and in the interest of the public . The state may prohibit or regulate the use of the highways for personal gain .
Barney V railroad commissioners .
17p - 2d82 . A citizen has the right to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property therein . That right does not extend to the use of the highways either in whole or in part as a place for private gain. For the letter purpose no person has a vested to use the highways of the state but is a privilege or a license which the legislature may grant or withhold at its discretion .
State vs Johnson 243 p 1073
The US supreme court is persistent on the matter ruling time and time again .Traveling in ones automobile for personal use to be an inherent right not to be regulated by the local state or federal legislators with the only exception being to regulate commerce upon the public roads and highways .
Understand common law and inherent right . To travel by automobile we know now that a mandatory drivers license safety and administration registration and auto insurance applies only to those operating a motor vehicle for gain on the public street road and highways .
Many lawyers and bureaucrats will claim that no where in the constitution is it written that the people have the right to travel and they're absolutely right . However what they fail to understand is that the constitution wasn't written to limit the peoples rights . We the people wrote the constitution to limit the power of government . Although the right to travel doesn't derive directly from the Constitution it does derived from peoples common law .

http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/right-to-travel-by-jacob-culliton.18834/

So you're just going to spam this nonsense? What happened to thinking for yourself?

Your definitions are not applicable. If you actually read the source that you are quoting, you would see that the definitions apply to the chapter they are in. Drivers license are at the state level, applicable definitions are in state laws. If your city passes a new law, applicable definitions as pertain to that law should be contained within it. You don't get to use the definitions that most suit you.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/31

def.png

I'm too busy to find the cases you referenced, since the way they are referenced doesn't help and they're copy/pasted on a ton a silly sites, to explain how they don't actually mean what they're being said to mean but will when I have time. Because I am actually reading the referenced material. A big, long list of quotes may impress you, but sadly, when you actually do the research yourself they all seem to fall apart.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm doing the same thing you are doing . Because I have to . I thought I already explained myself on that .I don't have a law library at my disposal . Do you ? I trying to get people to understand . I never not once insulted you . I'm not a construction worker either . I'm a motor control programmer . With a Masters license . May I ask how I insulted you? Should I use a smiley emoticon ? I said one thing on this thread about drivers license and you jumped up and attacked me . I if I could link all the internet sites that discusses this I would but it seems everyone but you understands that . I can't add links so I have to type all the crap in . I like this because others will look into it and see you can do it . Is it practical nope Sure isn't . Can you do it yes . Can you get in trouble yes ,has people won cases on this yes . The supreme courts recognizes this is a right not a privilege .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks Tom for your support . I'm a big boy .Yes Yvonne basically the same . In court you just can't use one reference . So you have to be fluent in laws . I'm no lawyer or a law student . I read and study on stuff the intrigues me .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So are we are now keeping this open longer than 24 hours for your benefit ? Because I hang out with lawyers that I can and will get help from just like I did three years ago when I first seen this stuff on the webs and was thinking it was a bunch of crap .

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I hold a Florida class A CDL license with several other endorsements yet I am certainly not the world's best driver.
I am a much more skilled motorcyclist than an auto or truck driver.
So simply taking tests doesn't make one a great anything.
The state got their money and now I can drive a big rig pulling a tanker of jet fuel.;)
I find the whole process to be little more than a joke.

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'd rather ride my Harley than drive . It's all about money . You have to have time and money to fight in court . I'm not telling anyone to do this by no way would I do it . I'm say you can if you know how . I personally love that we have to have some kind of training to drive . The part I don't like is the hidden agenda . It's more than just licensing . If you drive without one and hurt someone the courts are going to nail you to a wall . I don't know how I made what's his name angry . I think this whole thing is going south .

Turtlepete

South Florida
No it doesn't. All a driver's license in the US does is give identification on who you are to the cops when you f**k up. I was an over the road driver for 10 years or something, I pulled a 53'trailer in every state in the continental United States, ('cept Alaska) and I can tell you MOST drivers don't know how to avoid an accident that's about to happen, as they were never taught to actually handle a car. I know how to slide, do donuts (very important) and how to use speed to avoid an oncoming accident, instead of slamming on the brakes and having an accident. Speed wins every time. Most people HAVE to get in front of me, but then they don't want to go as fast as I was going. This right turn on Red, is HIGHLY misunderstood. You can only turn right against the red, WHEN NO ONE IS COMING. That means that if you pull out in front of me in my red Camaro, sh!t is gonna rain all over you and your car. That is my biggest complaint. When these jerks slow me down, or make me put my foot on the brake it cost me gas mileage, hence, costs money, and causes road rage. That's one reason I mainly drive during hours that no one else is out. The store opens at 5 am, I'm there. I was taught to drive by a motor head, then I took Bob Bonderant's offensive driving course, and 8 months in truck driver school.

Holy crap. I'm amazed you aren't banned just for posting this. Thats so offensive! ;)

Regardless whether you do/don't need a license to drive, anyone who has ever driven south of West Palm Beach in Florida will be thankful that the acquisition of a drivers license is seen as a requirement. Or up in the redneck woods around Brooksville. Some of the drivers down here are the scariest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen the nude beaches around Daytona….

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I know what your saying about the nude beaches ! Hahaha That beach sucked !

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/right-to-travel-by-jacob-culliton.18834/

So you're just going to spam this nonsense? What happened to thinking for yourself?

Your definitions are not applicable. If you actually read the source that you are quoting, you would see that the definitions apply to the chapter they are in. Drivers license are at the state level, applicable definitions are in state laws. If your city passes a new law, applicable definitions as pertain to that law should be contained within it. You don't get to use the definitions that most suit you.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/31

View attachment 160826

I'm too busy to find the cases you referenced, since the way they are referenced doesn't help and they're copy/pasted on a ton a silly sites, to explain how they don't actually mean what they're being said to mean but will when I have time. Because I am actually reading the referenced material. A big, long list of quotes may impress you, but sadly, when you actually do the research yourself they all seem to fall apart.
You basically repeated everything thing I shortened so I could type it on my phone and I'm the pirate ? Thanks for the education . You sure told me stuff I already found . I'm finished with you and this thread good day Sir .

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Why would you just close this thread ?

Y'all are going off on tangents that are going to take the thread in a direction it doesn't need to go. I don't feel like babysitting it.

I made the thread from posts that were off topic to their original thread and could/should have otherwise been deleted. Splitting the posts seemed like a better option than. Closing it seems a better option than leaving it open as a liability.

I'm doing the same thing you are doing . Because I have to . I thought I already explained myself on that .I don't have a law library at my disposal . Do you ? I trying to get people to understand . I never not once insulted you . I'm not a construction worker either . I'm a motor control programmer . With a Masters license . May I ask how I insulted you? Should I use a smiley emoticon ? I said one thing on this thread about drivers license and you jumped up and attacked me . I if I could link all the internet sites that discusses this I would but it seems everyone but you understands that . I can't add links so I have to type all the crap in . I like this because others will look into it and see you can do it . Is it practical nope Sure isn't . Can you do it yes . Can you get in trouble yes ,has people won cases on this yes . The supreme courts recognizes this is a right not a privilege .

I wasn't insulted because it isn't possible for you to insult me. However, if someone starts in with 'standard TortoiseForum debate tactics 101', I'll point out that the post I was replying to was more insulting than my reply. Your post that started "of civil liberties" was basically just a bunch of assumptions about me. That's part of why your post was a 'caricature'. That's what people making your argument do: copy a bunch of nonsense you haven't actually verified and call the other person a 'follower'.

You've made completely incorrect statements and I've pointed that out. I've gone out of my way not to attack you. I was trying to show you the errors of your ways and can't do that if I'm mocking you too much because then you'd be even less receptive.

So are we are now keeping this open longer than 24 hours for your benefit ? Because I hang out with lawyers that I can and will get help from just like I did three years ago when I first seen this stuff on the webs and was thinking it was a bunch of crap .

How would it be for my benefit? I seem to be the only one here that understands this. Courts have ruled that you can be required to have a permit (license) to drive on public roads. I gave you the law in Texas that mandates licenses. You've given no actual evidence in support, other than the same snippets that are on 100's of sovereign sites.

It will most likely be closed by the end of the day Sunday. I think giving notice and allowing anyone that wants to post an opportunity is more than fair. Not to say it can't be closed sooner if need be.

I don't know how I made what's his name angry . I think this whole thing is going south .

There is no anger....just disappointment. :(

You basically repeated everything thing I shortened so I could type it on my phone and I'm the pirate ? Thanks for the education . You sure told me stuff I already found . I'm finished with you and this thread good day Sir .

I was showing everyone that your post was 100% not your own thinking. You're the 'free thinker', remember? Good thing you're finished because it's apparent that this is a waste of time. Or more so, had a pretty good idea that it would be going in. You are just copying sovereign nonsense to the thread, and if you actually fact checked what you are copying you would see that it was nonsense.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It totally is dangerous waters . Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should . I get the same thing from people all the time on other matters . If you do your homework and know how to defend yourself in court you can get away with it . Most of these sovereign citizens have all the money they need to do what they want to do . So they spend the time and find loopholes in laws and test them with their freedom . Some get away with it some don't .I'm not telling anyone to drive without a license . My point on the whole thing is ... It's your right to travel . It's your privilege to drive . Two totally different things . To find out the Truth ask a lawyer if you know one . Go to the law library and look up case laws that are written not pulled of line . Think for yourself to find the truth . People are traveling right now without a license and getting away with it in courts right now . I don't agree we need more laws on how we live,travel ,or protect ourselves .

Status
Not open for further replies.