lorenam

Location (City and/or State)
Milwaukee, WI
Hi,
So, I have a bit of any emergency, the light for my russian tortoise went out, but because he's new and I got him from a friend, I have no idea what bulb she was using. About 2 days ago the light went out and hasn't turned back on. I'm managing to keep my torotise warm by letting him walk outside, but I'm worried. I've checked and I think a regular flood bulb works and I'd have to order a UV strip, but I'm not sure what brand or if this is right. Please let me know as soon as possible, thank you!

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
You want a reptile incandescent floodlight for your basking light, I’ve attached an example below. How old roughly is the tortoise?

If a hatchling/under 3, feel free to check out this thread to make sure all your set up is correct

If an adult, feel free to check this one instead for your indoor set up🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1669.png
    IMG_1669.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 1

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi,
So, I have a bit of any emergency, the light for my russian tortoise went out, but because he's new and I got him from a friend, I have no idea what bulb she was using. About 2 days ago the light went out and hasn't turned back on. I'm managing to keep my torotise warm by letting him walk outside, but I'm worried. I've checked and I think a regular flood bulb works and I'd have to order a UV strip, but I'm not sure what brand or if this is right. Please let me know as soon as possible, thank you!
Hello and welcome.

Please start here. The info about bulbs is toward the bottom, but the rest of the info will be very helpful for you too:

Questions are welcome.