ENJOYING THE SUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Eggroll (left), Aladar (center) and Climber (right) enjoy the sun on a blistering 50* day...no wind...just sun! Off to pick up a load of Mazuri! Enjoy!

14tu9fk.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just love those tortoises. I'm not a big fan of the sulcata, but there are a few here on the forum that I can't get enough of "looking." Your light ones, Dean, are in that group.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Wow.. I always thought Eggroll was really tiny. She doesn't look that tiny here!
But aww!! Such a cute expression :p Love this pic!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
lushcious said:
Wow.. I always thought Eggroll was really tiny. She doesn't look that tiny here!
But aww!! Such a cute expression :p Love this pic!

You're thinking about Snowflake...her sister (from the same clutch) and half her size!;)
20i77lv.jpg

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Woops! Both are so cute anyway :D You're lucky to have such beautiful torts!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
AWSOME ..... thats the biggest Ivory I've seen! ... cool~ :D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
N2TORTS said:

Yeah! I've been digging your blonde leopard...I'd almost trade! Almost;)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
"Okay guys, this is what we have to do...we all line up here and lay real cute and stare at this corner....the five toes will notice how cute we are, they will take our pics and then come back after awhile and notice us still here....they are a curious sort, they will lay down on the ground to look in the corner to see what we are looking at and BAM they will pull those little chunks of heaven out of this damn crack and we will score a munchie...patience young ones, patience"

:D, that's all I heard in this ole peanut of mine....I don't make the rules in there, only try to survive them....lol

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Thanks Angela...that capped the day perfectly!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Man! They are looking fantastic Dean. All three of them are sporting absolutely gorgeous carapaces.

Pull your temp gun out and temp that spot and their carapaces for us would ya? I bet its at least mid-70's in that corner in the sun, even on a 50 degree day.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Man! They are looking fantastic Dean. All three of them are sporting absolutely gorgeous carapaces.

Pull your temp gun out and temp that spot and their carapaces for us would ya? I bet its at least mid-70's in that corner in the sun, even on a 50 degree day.

Tom ... to wild you said that ./... I tried that yesterday with the group of cherrys, one of the big males just kicking it in the sun ...his carapace temp hit 92 !

DeanS said:
N2TORTS said:

Yeah! I've been digging your blonde leopard...I'd almost trade! Almost;)

Double superlative mostest is 1885, from U.S. Southern and Black English.
aka " almost" .......:p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:

I wish I woulda thought of that yesterday! But I did pick up Eggroll and she was toasty...if I had to guess, I'd say upper 90s...she was actually warmer than my skin:cool:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
OK! Just did a temp reading off all the torts' carapaces...and YES! They're all sunning themselves in the same corner.

Aladar...91
Climber...93
Eggroll...91
Snowflake...89
Jamie...94

...and the mercury reads 56 right now!

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
DeanS said:
OK! Just did a temp reading off all the torts' carapaces...and YES! They're all sunning themselves in the same corner.

Aladar...91
Climber...93
Eggroll...91
Snowflake...89
Jamie...94

...and the mercury reads 56 right now!

i took my leo out today and it was about 45ish.. but was bright and sunny warm ne wind even for me i was in a t-shirt. he hadnt been out for a while (like weeks and weeks awhile!!!)so i felt it was warm enuf and he neede the sun...he felt warm to the touch for the 20 min he was outside and had a blast cruising all over the place :D

Status
Not open for further replies.