PUMPKIN FOR EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
OK...It's the day after Halloween and that just my be the sulcatas' favorite day of the year! I'll let the pictures do the talking:D

Eggroll
25tep77.jpg

Climber
2utjk9u.jpg

Snowflake
ifai5s.jpg

Jimmy (He refuses pumpkin everytime!)
2qno2g5.jpg

And of course...Aladar
20i59w.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jimmy has a "girl" face. It will be interesting to watch and see down the road.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
Wow those are some awesome pics. Love how that big bruiser of yours is taking on that huge pumpkin nom nom nom........

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Dean those are the greatest pictures. Talk about taking good pictures ...wow! Do you cook the pumpkin for the little guys?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Snowflake's expression is priceless. Jimmy really looks like a "Jimmy" IMO :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
terryo said:
Dean those are the greatest pictures. Talk about taking good pictures ...wow! Do you cook the pumpkin for the little guys?

Thanks and No! I just run it through the food processor...I do the same thing with opuntia. For those who don't remember...Snowflake was badly injured when she was a couple months old and it left her quite disfigured...I still see no serrations inside the jawlines...so I chop up everything that she wouldn't be able to bite through! She does OK when it comes to Mazuri and Grassland and greens...but harder foods need to be processed...but she has such heart.:)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Great pix! Is pumpkin a treat food or an all the time thing. My torts had some a few days ago and LOVED it.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'll feed it twice a week from November 1 through December or January or February...as long as I can find fresh ones! I don't freeze ANYTHING nor do I feed from a can...it's fresh or not at all :p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
DonaTello said:
Wow! You take some great pictures Dean! Those are calendar pics for sure.........love looking at your 'family'!

Thank you! Thank you! And Thank you!:D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I love all of your babies and the bigger ones picture too. Wow they sure enjoyed their Halloween Candy. :D :p Might I add that I've been meaning to tell you that I just love your signature pictures, the colors are just beautiful and so are the tortoises. ;)

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
My God Dean! (forever to be MGD!) Great pictures - exceptional photography! Do you use a flash or natural light? I love the look of "this again? No way!". Poor jimmy...

RV refused her pumpkin this year until I wrapped it in romaine and hand fed her.

I hadn't thought about the food processor - good tip. Even tho RV is adult and can bull through most anything, I'm still a 'mom' and feel I must cut her food for her.

I look forward to the next set of pictures!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
sharkstar said:
I hadn't thought about the food processor - good tip. Even tho RV is adult and can bull through most anything, I'm still a 'mom' and feel I must cut her food for her.

I know what you mean...I really give Aladar large pieces to ensure photo ops;) But when push comes to shove...I cut most things into smaller chunks so he finishes it...he can't be bothered with fighting his food...he'll abandon it for something easier:p

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
DeanS said:
sharkstar said:

I know what you mean...I really give Aladar large pieces to ensure photo ops;) But when push comes to shove...I cut most things into smaller chunks so he finishes it...he can't be bothered with fighting his food...he'll abandon it for something easier:p

Mine are usually the same way. If they don't find anything "easier", everything edible disappears though.

I still like my cheese grater. My co-workers were making fun of me at the ranch today because I laid out a bed of grape leaves on my food trays to put the pumpkin guts and Mazuri on. They said it looked like something out of a gourmet restaurant. I didn't hear any complaints from the torts.

Here's my pumpkin source. I grabbed a whole tub of pumpkin leaves and flowers today along with around 10 pumpkins. The whole field will be disced next week. The owner told me to take whatever I wanted.
ao50u1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.