Ethical husbandry?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
Hello,
I am still very new to this forum, but have learned so much from reading all the information posted. I am not sure if "ethical" is the proper word, but can anyone suggest a firm but nice way to let a co-worker know that her care is really not in the best interest of her tortoise? Again, I am very new, but from reading the things posted here, the phrase "They eat hay and s**t right?" is not the best thing Iʻve ever heard from a tortoise owner.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Look up one of our care sheets, under the section where your co worker's species is, and humbly give it to her.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Look up one of our care sheets, under the section where your co worker's species is, and humbly give it to her.
...and if I may suggest, whilst you humbly present the care sheet to her, meekly remark about what a great site this is and how it helped you!!!

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Thank you for the information. I have actually given her food, ( I bring some fresh veggies at least once a week), flowers from Kapidolo Farms, live plants, TNT, cuttle bones, a couple of hides and lots of information; instead of taking it to heart she thinks I am the crazy tortoise lady in the office who means well. She really appreciates it, but even the lighting is bad, I could go on. I have told her to visit this site (I hope she isnʻt reading this) and she said the people here are too hard core. I feel so bad for her tortoise, I wish could adopt him, but I donʻt have the room. Any other suggestons?