Eye problems in box turtle

Turtlekeeper1924

Location (City and/or State)
FL
Hello everyone,
I own two eastern box turtles in an outdoor enclosure in northern Florida. I have owned them both for several years and they get along well together. They share a 140 sq ft enclosure with a 150 gallon pond in the center which houses my 14 year old yellow belly slider Who they also seem to get along with. I awoke this morning to spray water and feed them and one of them seems to have a ball of crust above the eye it’s not inside the eye and I have eye drops in case of emergencies like this but I am unsure what to do. I give them vitamin A rich food Including carrot strips and tomatoes and I have a vitamin A B supplement for my other reptiles if I could use that. Any advice is appreciated thank you.

B6BDF6C0-257E-4C63-86A7-54F6144AC719.jpegA866CB27-ACC1-4BBA-B426-305B9879E1B0.jpeg8407EC6C-87CC-4178-95B8-7C8291067E1E.jpeg

Turtlekeeper1924

FL
Also her appetite is completely normal as is her behavior they all seem to be fine with handling and rarely close in their shells

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'll tell you what I would do (it's probably NOT what most would do, so take it or leave it): I would pick off the scab, then either out in the sun or under a very bright light, I would clean and closely inspect the wound for debris or foreign body. Then dab on Neosporin daily until healed. Don't let flies lay eggs on the area

Reactions: Ink

Turtlekeeper1924

FL
I'll tell you what I would do (it's probably NOT what most would do, so take it or leave it): I would pick off the scab, then either out in the sun or under a very bright light, I would clean and closely inspect the wound for debris or foreign body. Then dab on Neosporin daily until healed. Don't let flies lay eggs on the area
Thank you for your reply. I removed the scab easier than I expected she struggled but did not bite. It appears to be just a cut thank god it missed her eye. I am keeping her inside in another enclosure unlit further notice