Favorite tortoise species ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Melly-n-shorty said:
Galapagos are my favorite all around. i really want to see one in real life!

That is on my bucket list :)

DSCF3568.jpg

That is an extremely cute picture.... Extremely cute lol

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Melly-n-shorty said:
Galapagos are my favorite all around. i really want to see one in real life!
This is me (Tim) petting a Galap in November. It definitely was a thrill. What an amazing animal, and as sweet as ever. She LOVED to be rubbed.
photo1-3.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi. am i glad i joined TFO. where else could i see these kind of pictures. i couldnt pick one i like best so, thanks everyone for posting. very ,very nice & cute pictures.

judy wayte

5 Year Member
i would have to say red foot then sullys.your pictures are great some of them make me laugh.i can't wait to i can get a camara i am dieing to show off my babies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I don't have a favorite species yet I don't think...
I really like my sulcatas and my Greeks.
I don't feel like I have owned enough different species yet
I want to get a trio of Tom's Gpp Leopards very soon
Then I might want some pancake tortoises... I prefer desert tortoises and Mediterranean species , like my Greeks.
The exception to that is Burmese Mountain tortoise...
I would love a trio of those one day
I would love to one day maybe get a spider tortoise that Tim/Robin posted a picture of..I am not very use to scientific names of tortoises just yet or I would use them :/

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Melly-n-shorty said:

My favourite Galapagos tortoise pic of all time. Tortoises free in their pristine wild habitats; remote and tucked away from the crushing march of humanity. No danger of being hunted or captured to be sold to zoos overseas. Free to do what pleases them and without anything to tether them. A tortoise Eden. That's how nature should be; untouched and unmolested. Their faces also speak thousands of words. Old, wise, gentle, and bearing the pain and pleasure of being a tortoise. The representative of a group of animals that is mysterious and endearing, just like their home, the Galapagos archipelago. Never knew such inspiration can come from a single humble but well-selected picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.