Finally found a yellowfoot.

aidenb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saskatchewan, Canada
Yellowfoot are very difficult to find up here in Canada for some reason. It's much easier to find Burmese mountain tortoise or even kinixys species that a yellow but I finally found a baby. His shells a little bumpy but he's in a nice closed chamber now so that should even out a he grows. Was eating a couple hours after arriving from the airport.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
What a lovely little guy. The popularity of yellow foots must vary by province as they're not nearly so uncommon in Ontario. I helped rehome one this year and know a few other keepers. One of my favourite species.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Yellowfoot are very difficult to find up here in Canada for some reason. It's much easier to find Burmese mountain tortoise or even kinixys species that a yellow but I finally found a baby. His shells a little bumpy but he's in a nice closed chamber now so that should even out a he grows. Was eating a couple hours after arriving from the airport.

View attachment 154847 View attachment 154848
Looks good to me. :) I was under the impression that it was normal for yellows to have the more flat looking (bumpy as you said)scutes as a juvenile.