First Malacochersus egg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Found this today. This is my first. It’ll be fun to see what happens, fertile or not.
Congrats Dave. I highly recommend you not use perlite. If your hatchling pips and hatches on that, it could literally kill him weeks later. CB pancakes are such a rare and precious treat, it would be a shame to lose one that way.

This may offer some more help:

Different species, but much more detail here:

Pancakes will also thrive with these methods.

Pancake Dave

Wichita
Congrats Dave. I highly recommend you not use perlite. If your hatchling pips and hatches on that, it could literally kill him weeks later. CB pancakes are such a rare and precious treat, it would be a shame to lose one that way.

This may offer some more help:

Different species, but much more detail here:

Pancakes will also thrive with these methods.
I’ll change it, thanks.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Congrats! The marks on the egg look like permanent marker. Eggs are actually somewhat porous, would recommend using a soft pencil instead of marker ink

Pancake Dave

Wichita
Checked today for banding now that the egg is 4 days old. Nothing. Looking like a dud. Still, knowledge gained for the next one.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Checked today for banding now that the egg is 4 days old. Nothing. Looking like a dud. Still, knowledge gained for the next one.
Give it time. Pancake eggs sometimes take 9 months to develop. No one knows why.