• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
austinSOLO said:
if you get a red foot you should plant a lot of mini trees that stand a couple feet tall but all the branches are higher so the red foot could walk under the tree. but then plant a lot of them, along with other tropical plants if you can. and then use dirt or something for substrate, then if you can again, put a lot of dead leaves all over the ground in the enclosure. since nebraska gets hot, it would be warm, but humid under the trees and the leaves would keep moisture :) also just use a sprinkler or something when you need to :D

yup, but i can't really put him outside lol, our neighborhood is full of dogs, and people can see in our backyard really easy, and i don't want him to get stolen :D

ielvinsburrows

5 Year Member
Ethan D said:
If i were to buy a tortoise i would buy it from Tortoise Supply . com, and i don't know if they have south african leopards, but i could check, and i have heard of hermans :D i also hear they are excellent pets, but for me, i like the mid sized tortoises, or the really colorful ones, like the golden greek. i have researched all 4 animals for about a month, and i just don't know which to choose :/

I got my hermann from tortoisesupply last week. Don't do it. I love my little guy, but after the fact I've heard some bad things about them.
Try tortoiseyard or lllreptile
Rescues are always good too but if you want a hatchling check those out

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
ielvinsburrows said:
Ethan D said:
If i were to buy a tortoise i would buy it from Tortoise Supply . com, and i don't know if they have south african leopards, but i could check, and i have heard of hermans :D i also hear they are excellent pets, but for me, i like the mid sized tortoises, or the really colorful ones, like the golden greek. i have researched all 4 animals for about a month, and i just don't know which to choose :/

I got my hermann from tortoisesupply last week. Don't do it. I love my little guy, but after the fact I've heard some bad things about them.
Try tortoiseyard or lllreptile
Rescues are always good too but if you want a hatchling check those out

Florida Herps and Underground Reptiles are where i have bought all my snakes and lizards, they have great selections of tortoises too :D, what bad things have you heard about tortoise supply? i haven't heard one.

emmalaub

5 Year Member
I believe the best is the Russian they have big personalities and there small and don't mind to be held

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
emmalaub said:
I believe the best is the Russian they have big personalities and there small and don't mind to be held

Leopards Have Personalities, and stay somewhat small, 10-16" some bigger depending on subspecies and they look amazing XD

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ethan D said:
emmalaub said:

Leopards Have Personalities, and stay somewhat small, 10-16" some bigger depending on subspecies and they look amazing XD

:D I would never consider Leopards as even somewhat small.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Jacqui said:
Ethan D said:
emmalaub said:

:D I would never consider Leopards as even somewhat small.

Size of a large watermelon :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Living in Nebraska, I would vote Cherryhead from your list.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Jacqui said:

i would too, we have a nice humid environment, even when it is 100+ degrees :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ethan D said:
Jacqui said:

That's why the corn grows so good. ;)

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Jacqui said:
Ethan D said:
Jacqui said:

That's why the corn grows so good. ;)

lol so i've been told, too bad we haven't had rain in over a month and a half :/

ielvinsburrows

5 Year Member
Ethan D said:
Florida Herps and Underground Reptiles are where i have bought all my snakes and lizards, they have great selections of tortoises too :D, what bad things have you heard about tortoise supply? i haven't heard one.

I've just heard there r often sick torts but my tort is great. They were a little rude when I asked for some advice but I do love my tort just having some beginner tort parenting issues

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
ielvinsburrows said:
Ethan D said:

I've just heard there r often sick torts but my tort is great. They were a little rude when I asked for some advice but I do love my tort just having some beginner tort parenting issues

lol, i do remember reading somewhere on their site to not ask any care ?'s because it was all already listed on their site :D but they do have some good prices, although LLL has cherryheads for 20$ cheaper :/

Status
Not open for further replies.