Fogger

navycop2004

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
My enclosure is 8x4x4, what is the best fogger out there to keep it humnid in her enclosure? I have seen some DIY for rather large ones, but thinking maybe any of the regular ones will be finbe?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I wouldn’t recommend using a fogger, they can indeed cause respiratory problems. If wanting to maintain a higher humidity, the only way to do so is making it a closed chamber. What kind of tortoise is this for? Could we see the enclosure in question?🙂

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My enclosure is 8x4x4, what is the best fogger out there to keep it humnid in her enclosure? I have seen some DIY for rather large ones, but thinking maybe any of the regular ones will be finbe?
What they said... Humidity should be maintained by reducing ventilation. Foggers should not be blowing directly into a tortoise enclosure. They are fine to use in the room because those little micro droplets will evaporate and turn into humidity.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
In a closed chamber enclosure you can pour water into the corners of the orchid bark substrate and as the water evaporates, It releases humidity. Leaving the upper layer of substrate relatively dry.
Misters and humidifier units are an unnecessary complexity.
Save your money and research closed chamber enclosures