front legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
This is rather a random thread but I'm soaking Alan and looking at him walking about and thinking aren't tortoises front legs strange?! Part of the legs are like a foot inverted inwards. sorry it just amazes me how they walk about! I love his back legs especially the red specks on the soles of his feet! right random thread over! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I like this thread. I love watching my Sulcata Cooper walk around. His front legs are so cool looking I think. And his back legs remind me of elephants feet/legs the way they look. Now I'm thinking I need to take some pics of his front and back legs to post here! :p

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
cemmons12 said:
I like this thread. I love watching my Sulcata Cooper walk around. His front legs are so cool looking I think. And his back legs remind me of elephants feet/legs the way they look. Now I'm thinking I need to take some pics of his front and back legs to post here! :p

Go for it! Your right about them looking like elephants feet/legs! Alan's back feet are adorable lol they look like someone's got a red and orange nail varnish and dabbed them! :) I could watch him all day if I could!

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
They do look like elephant legs! .... I love it when Tyrone is soaking and he does the superman ... His front leg straight out and his back legs straight out...sooo adorable! I love to grab his leg and give a little tug and he kinda kicks his leg at me and turns his head and looks at me like "do you mind?" he then turns around and offers me his head to scratch, it has become a fun game.

More random rumblings ... I miss the warm weather, I love it we when can go outside and I sit down on a log and Tyrone comes over and rubs his head on my foot and tries to hide between my feet, like he is afraid! I am watching him now and he has his substrate piled up like a pillow .. I am going to try to catch a picture ... Stay tuned

Watsonpartyof4 said:
They do look like elephant legs! .... I love it when Tyrone is soaking and he does the superman ... His front leg straight out and his back legs straight out...sooo adorable! I love to grab his leg and give a little tug and he kinda kicks his leg at me and turns his head and looks at me like "do you mind?" he then turns around and offers me his head to scratch, it has become a fun game.

More random rumblings ... I miss the warm weather, I love it we when can go outside and I sit down on a log and Tyrone comes over and rubs his head on my foot and tries to hide between my feet, like he is afraid! I am watching him now and he has his substrate piled up like a pillow .. I am going to try to catch a picture ... Stay tuned

image-3489917077.png

He woke up .. But here he is anyway .... That is a Halloween bucket I got at Target for $1... I cut in half and cut the bottom off so it is like a tunnel!

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
totally love the back legs. it still amazes me that those little things are carrying all the heft of the back end of a tort.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Watsonpartyof4 said:

He woke up .. But here he is anyway .... That is a Halloween bucket I got at Target for $1... I cut in half and cut the bottom off so it is like a tunnel!

Tyrone makes me chuckle he looks so funny on that photo! Love the bargain! Where's his castle! Come on your not poorly now....hee hee ;) The superman statement is fab! Alan does this in his soak and I just have to touch his back feet because they are so cute!.....omg I think I have a tortoise foot fetish lmao :)

KingInCulver said:
totally love the back legs. it still amazes me that those little things are carrying all the heft of the back end of a tort.

This i can relate to with my chunky rf! he's on a new year diet! He lost 10g and still needed to loose another 20g but then he put on 18g!!!

Watsonpartyof4 said:
I love watching them walk from behind

Snap! It's like it's a real effort!

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
The darn pet store keeps telling me they are on back order! Poor thing has been living with the half bucket ..LOL!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Watsonpartyof4 said:
The darn pet store keeps telling me they are on back order! Poor thing has been living with the half bucket ..LOL!

I bought Alan a new hide but had to make the whole bigger-super chunk! 150g today :-/

image-4219985678.png

What do you think ;)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Alan RF said:
I bought Alan a new hide but had to make the whole bigger-super chunk! 150g today :-/

What do you think ;)

I love it! .. Ha ha oh no Super Chunk! Poor thing he just can't help it!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Watsonpartyof4 said:
I love it! .. Ha ha oh no Super Chunk! Poor thing he just can't help it!

It's worrying though because he's now 33g fatter than he should be :( I think I'll have to invest in a tortoise treadmill!

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Alan RF said:
It's worrying though because he's now 33g fatter than he should be :( I think I'll have to invest in a tortoise treadmill!

I have a theory ... I think Super Chunk is full of Super Poo... Have you tried weighing him before and after a poo?

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
If you wanna talk weird, if I stare at Rocky (my sulcata) for long enough, I think his head looks like a weird snake coming out of a shell....

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
When I have my little russian runnign around the house it is amazing to see how they move. When I have her out and I have company come over they are always like "I didnt know they move like that".. lol. They are very facinating to watch.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Watsonpartyof4 said:
I have a theory ... I think Super Chunk is full of Super Poo... Have you tried weighing him before and after a poo?

Done that! :(

RedfootsRule said:
If you wanna talk weird, if I stare at Rocky (my sulcata) for long enough, I think his head looks like a weird snake coming out of a shell....

Lol! You'll have to put a clip of him doing this !!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
jeninak907 said:
When I have my little russian runnign around the house it is amazing to see how they move. When I have her out and I have company come over they are always like "I didnt know they move like that".. lol. They are very facinating to watch.

Truly fascinating! They travel at quite a pace considering their known to be slow! :)

DrewsLife727 said:
Haha this thread made me stare at my tortoises legs as they walked :D

And? What did you notice!?? ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you're amazed at watching a little redfoot walk on those silly front legs, you should get up close and personal to a big Aldabran tortoise. I'm always amazed that those legs can lift up that body.

And, incidentally, the front legs are shaped like that so that when the tortoise is attacked it can pull them inside, effectively closing off the soft parts of the body and providing a shield.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
If you're amazed at watching a little redfoot walk on those silly front legs, you should get up close and personal to a big Aldabran tortoise. I'm always amazed that those legs can lift up that body.

And, incidentally, the front legs are shaped like that so that when the tortoise is attacked it can pull them inside, effectively closing off the soft parts of the body and providing a shield.

Thanks Emy!

I am more amazed at the back legs... I don't know why they fascinate me so... But the way Tyrone walks cracks me up!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
emysemys said:

There not silly! I love the way he walks lol. However, compared to the albraman I would love to get up close to one! It's on my list of things to do before I get old lmao! They are superb torts! my favourite! Yeah I know why they're shaped like that but I just find them interesting :) I must get out more ha ! :D

Watsonpartyof4 said:
Thanks Emy!

I am more amazed at the back legs... I don't know why they fascinate me so... But the way Tyrone walks cracks me up!

Oh yes! me too x I can only imagine Tyrones walk from Alan's lol x whoops sorry super chunk x

Status
Not open for further replies.