Weak front legs

Skip K

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
That's a good question. I'm going to check with my mom but I don't think we have any poisonous plants where she is at. My mother has a bunch of orchids in her backyard and some herbs. Definitely something to look into.
Sometimes...a tort can eat something that’s slightly toxic... over time...which eventually effects the tort. Vitamins and parasite treatments would have little effect on symptoms. Or a tort can eat something that’s high in something like oxalates...which if eaten frequently enough...will effect calcium absorption from other foods.
Good luck with your tort!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Sometimes...a tort can eat something that’s slightly toxic... over time...which eventually effects the tort. Vitamins and parasite treatments would have little effect on symptoms. Or a tort can eat something that’s high in something like oxalates...which if eaten frequently enough...will effect calcium absorption from other foods.
Good luck with your tort!
Im thinking maybe it ate something toxic

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Im thinking maybe it ate something toxic
Does he free range eat?
Any time I let my FR group out of their primary pen. (For maintenance or cleaning) They immediately eat every bit of PURSELANE and LILLIES in the yard.
Both are not great food. Lillies are downright toxic.
I've never had an issue because they don't frequently eat it. But they do not always recognize "exotic" weeds and plants as being toxic. Or in the case of Purslane, ultra high oxalates.