Get Well Soon, ZEROPILOT!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
From the COLD DARK ROOM
Good morning.
I've got something odd going on. I feel very weak and for three days now, My pulse in between 175 and 189 pbm.
It was the highest this morning when I woke up. Not that I slept very well.
I've had no caffeine, but things with my mother could be affecting this.
I have NO sick time remaining and if the doctor sends me to the hospital, I'll have about another $325 a day less in my paycheck.
However, I really do need to call my doctor. It's about 4:45 and they open at 9:00. An eternity.
So, if I'm not around for a while. That would be why.
I've been ambulance to the Hospital.
University Medical Center.
Currently in the triage unit and worse than I thought.
Wish me luck.
Hey ya'll, got text from Ed, they have brought his heart rate down with meds, he's feeling much better, just very sleepy. They have admitted him to the hospital bed and maybe able to discharge tomorrow am. Thank you all who have been praying, sending Ed positive thoughts/wishes. See, it works!!!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Not a heart attack.
It was 72 hours of a pulse rate of 175 to 194 cause by....Stress.
It's almost embarrassing to me. I thought I was stronger than that.
I've been dealing with marital issues and my mother who is very ill and living 1,000 miles away (round trip) and has issues with Healthcare. Etc.
I guess it all just overwhelmed me. I also had no sick time or vacation time due to traveling back and forth, so I stubbornly tried to wait untill the weekend to see a doctor. (I didn't make it......)
I thank each of you for your well wishes.
I'll be o.k.
And I'll be back eventually in full.
Ed

Prairie Mom

Not a heart attack.
It was 72 hours of a pulse rate of 175 to 194 cause by....Stress.
It's almost embarrassing to me. I thought I was stronger than that.
I've been dealing with marital issues and my mother who is very ill and living 1,000 miles away (round trip) and has issues with Healthcare. Etc.
I guess it all just overwhelmed me. I also had no sick time or vacation time due to traveling back and forth, so I stubbornly tried to wait untill the weekend to see a doctor. (I didn't make it......)
I thank each of you for your well wishes.
I'll be o.k.
And I'll be back eventually in full.
Ed
Seriously--Don't be embarrassed. Not one person here would misjudge the situation and those of us that have been there ourselves have nothing but compassion and well wishes for you. We're all just glad it wasn't something more serious, but truly hoping you get some good down time so it doesn't BECOME more serious. Take care of yourself, try to get lots of sleep, eat well, gummy vitamins=good:), and do something 'healthy' that relieves tension and lets your mind and body take a break now and again. Good luck, hugs, and well wishes!

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Sorry for what you are going through. Stress can really beat the body down. Take care of yourself - you have absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about. Try to take it easy - and ask for help when you need it.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello Ed, glad to hear you are getting better. Please, please take it easy. Stress can be extremely nasty.

We can't wait to find you back here....we all need you around.;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm glad to hear that its a fixable problem and not something permanent or debilitating.

Life sure has its ways of humbling us, doesn't it? I hope you have brighter days ahead. Hey. Look on the bright side. At least you don't live somewhere where it snows for 9 months of every year. :) Now that would stress me out!.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I am so glad to hear you're on the mend.

There's no shame in being brought down by stress. It's nature's way of telling you that you need to give yourself a break - some time for you.

Look after yourself and do what the doctors tell you to do. You have all of us looking out for you (and making sure you behave ;) )

Take care. :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
All best wishes to you Ed. Speedy recovery and best solutions to resolve all you're issues. God bless!

M

Maggie Cummings

Spaceship rides help too, I know about stress. Just go someplace where it's safe, and ride that spaceship. That's what I do......glad you're ok.....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you need to get better and back up on your feet because I need my cherry seeds

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Im at work.
I'll work today and tomorrow and then I'm off again to Georgia to clear out my mothers house. I'll see if i can hire a local to help me. Everything MUST go because I can't return until some time in July. I also need to bring her cats to the Humane Society. Not fun.
At least getting this done should be like getting over a big hump.
This whole ordeal has been very difficult.