Getting ready for the snow

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Seriously though. Hope all are well.
I just seen a picture on the news, someone opened their door and there was an imprint of nearly the full door in snow. That's ridiculous.
I would like some snow - not as much as US and Amman - but just enough to close the schools for a couple of days; so about 6 inches worth!!:D

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I would like some snow - not as much as US and Amman - but just enough to close the schools for a couple of days; so about 6 inches worth!!:D
It seems to me that you are in need of a break, a rest, Lyn.;)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I like snow, always have, it brings everything to a halt, giving the feel of piece and tranquility, obviously to much of anything in life is bad.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I like snow, always have, it brings everything to a halt, giving the feel of piece and tranquility, obviously to much of anything in life is bad.
I HATE, HATE, HATE snow.:( What I love is Summer and the striking SUN.

_87701115_x1024-sun.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
..............and it makes my garden look as good as everyone else's!!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Definitely Gillian - but snow days are always a bonus!!!
I know what you mean. And this is why people here can't wait for it to snow. No.....not because they like snow or like being stuck at home till further notice, but because they are NOT to go to work/schools/universities etc.

popeye tortoise

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Thank you all for your kind words to all who suffered thru this terrible storm. But the good new is all my tortoises are safe and sound.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
We ended up with 36" total and 5 foot drifts. The clean up is underway but the roads are still a mess. And I doubt I'll get up my driveway for at least a couple of weeks. But everyone, torts included, are safe and sound.

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
We rarely get a snow day here in North Dakota we got ten or more inches in one day and still had to go to work and school started two hours late nothing stops here in North Dakota

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
We rarely get a snow day here in North Dakota we got ten or more inches in one day and still had to go to work and school started two hours late nothing stops here in North Dakota
Move to England, if more than 3 snow flakes drop then teachers call a snow day. :D

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I feel we got off easy here at the beach. I guessing about 14 inches of snow, it's hard to tell because of the way it drifted due to the relentless high winds that blew from Friday until early Sunday morning. It was a very cold and dry snow that didn't stick to tree limbs and overhead wires, which had a lot to do with not loosing power. I tried to get some good pics of the snow, I'm not good a snow picspic 002.jpg That's Sylvia's house. it will be a couple days before he will be able to go home.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I feel we got off easy here at the beach. I guessing about 14 inches of snow, it's hard to tell because of the way it drifted due to the relentless high winds that blew from Friday until early Sunday morning. It was a very cold and dry snow that didn't stick to tree limbs and overhead wires, which had a lot to do with not loosing power. I tried to get some good pics of the snow, I'm not good a snow picsView attachment 163457 That's Sylvia's house. it will be a couple days before he will be able to go home.
Well at first I was jealous, but if its that snow that you can't make snowballs out of cause its too powdery then I'm not jealous.
Looks nice though.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello everyone.

is

A pic for Lyn!!:D Imagine the people in the above pic getting caught "having fun" when they're meant to be at home.:rolleyes:

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
232566-I-Am-Done-With-Winter-I-Want-To-Fast-Forward-To-Spring.jpg

I agree with that, though I want Summer to fast-forward (as neither Spring nor Autumn exist here).