Ginger (Our Female Min-Pin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I had one of the tortoises outside this afternoon with our dog. I thought I would snap a few pictures of her chillen in the sun. She is my wifes baby and I don't associate enough with her enough (party because I can't stand little dogs). I bought her for my wife for when I go away for business about a year ago.

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
OMG is that a doberman and like chiwawa mix?

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No... not at all. It's a miniture pischer (Minpin). They are "like" little dobermans even though they are more closely related to terriors.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ha, that's a cool looking dog. Had me a red haired retriever when I was a lad named Ginger. She died from tainted pet food we believe, back a few years ago when it was all over the news.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Neal said:
Ha, that's a cool looking dog. Had me a red haired retriever when I was a lad named Ginger. She died from tainted pet food we believe, back a few years ago when it was all over the news.

Sorry to hear that... and I do recall that tainted food story. That was quite a few years ago now eh?

pebblelu said:
She's so cute. I love min pins. I have 2 males.

She's alright... my wife originally wanted to get a cat and I wanted a doberman. We comprimised and got something in the middle (then ended up getting a cat later anyway?)

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, what a cutie pie! she looks like quite the rascal! i would have a ball training that one tricks! very nive. lindy

missmoofi

5 Year Member
Murcia, Spain
hi she is a total darling, never seen this breed before ! do they still allow tail docking where you live ?

geekinpink

5 Year Member
Mini-pin (miniature pincher) are amazing guard dog! They are small but they can bark at the tiniest sound. We had 2 before and it seems like they never sleep! LOL I miss them! They are active little things.

@missmoofi - I didn't know they have laws against tail docking, I wish we'd have it here too! I accidentally witnessed one a few years ago, and I ran out of the vet clinic, I couldn't take the crying. If I'm a vet, I'll refuse to do that. :( the puppies were just a few days old! (rottweiler)

missmoofi

5 Year Member
Murcia, Spain
geekinpink said:
Mini-pin (miniature pincher) are amazing guard dog! They are small but they can bark at the tiniest sound. We had 2 before and it seems like they never sleep! LOL I miss them! They are active little things.

@missmoofi - I didn't know they have laws against tail docking, I wish we'd have it here too! I accidentally witnessed one a few years ago, and I ran out of the vet clinic, I couldn't take the crying. If I'm a vet, I'll refuse to do that. :( the puppies were just a few days old! (rottweiler)

It became illegal in the UK around 2007 - BUT some breeds are exempt, some working ones I think but the breeder cant do the docking it must be done & registered by the vet. I do know it is still practised and there clubs that agree with docking are campaigning to bring it back, there has also been evidence that registering of dogs has declined as of course if they are docked they will be liable to some sort of legal action against them. Its all a bit odd really as you still do see docked dogs and adverts stating that they are docked 'legally' ??? I personally wouldnt do it, its like the whole declawing issue with cats. Dogs are born with tails..cats are born with nails, no debate really.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We got her with a docked tail, we had no choice. She was docked 3 days after birth by the breeder. We did not get her ears done because we felt it's cruel.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
She is adorable and I especially LOVE the natural ears!! What a pretty girl!
A friend of mine has a min pin, love them :)

SnakeyeZ said:
She's alright... my wife originally wanted to get a cat and I wanted a doberman. We comprimised and got something in the middle (then ended up getting a cat later anyway?)

haha that's the way it goes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.