GoDaddy.com CEO Bob Parsons' Elephant Hunt Sparks Outrage... You got to be kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Candy said:
Madkins007 said:
Candy said:
And if you do that Mark then who wins? The idiots that think it's manly to go and kill off innocent animals? Those people did not look like they were starving to me and I would never keep my account with anyone who did this for his so called "Vacation Time." Kalina and others like me are the type of people who make people aware of what's happening out there so don't try to stop us from doing that by making telling them that they'll make themselves sick by being activists for it. More people should become involved and then disgusting people like this guy wouldn't be flashing their so called "Animal Prizes" around. To bad the elephants didn't get the chance to turn on them in the dark, that's the way I see it.

1. Who wins? Tell me who is loosing first. I know that it reduces the number of elephants, but apparently the government in that area has decided that there are enough elephants to support some hunting, but who (as in a human) is loosing in this scenario?

2. Killing innocent animals is what ALL predators do, and like it or not, humans are a predatory species. It is your opinion that we should not. You are certainly welcome to hold an opinion, but the flip side of that is to respect the opinion of others- and I don't see a lot of that in this sort of discussion.

3. Don't tell me to get more involved.
a.) You have no idea what I am involved in. I put a lot of time and money in several causes, some animal related. To assume that just because I am not with you on this one, I must be an uncaring jerk that does not care about issues is just plain wrong of you. Shame on you for making such an arrogant assumption. Shame on you!
b.) Real activists choose their battles and fight them in the real world. Posting a video and telling is all to get mad about it does very little to actually fix anything. It is like fighting AIDS by wearing a ribbon. Good for you- you have an opinion. The important thing is to ACT on that belief in a way that makes a real difference for that issue.
Let's use Japan as an example. For all practical purposes, posts like the OP here are showing videos of the tragedy and trying to get is all to feel sorry and emotional. A REAL activist would be posting info on what we can do to REALLY help- links for donations, for example. I rarely see that in these posts.
You may say that your 'actions step' here is to take business away from GoDaddy. OK, that punishes the hunter, but how does that help the elephants you claim to be supporting? Or the problems the villagers have living with the elephants?

4. 'Too bad the elephants don't get the chance to turn around in the dark'? I can admire the empathy you have for the animals, but this does not show a lot of empathy for humans. Why would it be OK for the elephant to kill the human but not the other way around?
I think this sentence said a lot about you, Candy, and the kind of person you are.

Gee Mark let me turn this back around on you, shame on you for saying that one sentence will tell you what I'm all about.

I did not say it said it was what you were all about. I said it says a lot about you that you wished the elephant would have killed the human.

I thought that you were more intelligent then that, but maybe I'm wrong. You say to know about your cause, but can you tell me what does anyone on here know about these people, probably not much, that's what. I dare to make the comment that very few even watched this video and if they did I would like to know what kind of crop that was that the elephants were stomping on? Can you also tell me what happened two years ago in this village or even 5 years ago in this village and if they've always had problems like these, no you can't.

I know MY causes. I also know something about the problems farmers have had in Africa with the megafauna for the last 50+ years. It is a deeply complex problem rooted in culture, politics, and poverty. (By the way, the crop in the videos is sorghum- it even says it in the video.)

This idiot films a video of killing a innocent animal just doing what it does naturally and nobody has the intelligence to question any of it. There are other ways to deter elephants away from areas did anyone research how to do this before they pulled their guns out, no they didn't. That's obvious by watching the video.

Sure- expensive techniques that work sometimes and most of the villages cannot afford. Have you sent any the villagers money for the protections systems to help protect the elephants?

Our local nature center has a massive overabundance of White-tail deer- they were damaging native plants badly and getting diseases from over-crowding. They researched options and most cost several hundred to over a thousand per deer- here in a well-industrialized place with lots of options and money.

There solution was a managed hunt- quick, cheap, effective. Many people protested, heavily, but none of the protesters responded when given the chance to help fund other options. This is just one example I have seen that makes me uninterested in activists or protesters that support causes verbally, but not with money or time spent on the issue itself (rather than just protesting it.)

By the way, we kill animals here in the US for the same reasons- doing what they do naturally, but doing it too close to us. I love reptiles, but I know people who kill rattlesnakes on their property to protect their families, and I am OK with that, even though the snakes are locally endangered and there are other ways to control them- but they are not very effective and are expensive. I bet you would do the same thing in similar circumstances.

Reread what I said Mark, "More people should get involved." Did you see your name personally written in this comment. Am I supposed to know you that well that I think you would take this to heart? If you did then maybe you have something else to think about.

You made a comment implying that people need to get involved. I pointed out that people ARE involved and you were being arrogant in assuming they were not. The issue seems to be that people are just not involved in what YOU think is important.

Real activists would post for donations, are you serious? Then they would just say (like they always do) that we're just trying to get the money and not fight for the cause. If you don't understand what I mean then try reading Laura's thread about the dog that was abused and needed a new home. Whenever any activist organization brings up money (like Peta) they always fall back on "Their just trying to get money again." Well Duh! How would they run without any support funds?

I think that says more about you and PETA than the generosity of people here and in other places. There are other programs that are less controversial that are accomplishing the same things, like the African Elephant Trust, or the World Wildlife Fund. At least groups like this work on the ground with a better understanding of the whole issue.

And about helping the elephants by taking the humans away, the only thing that I can say to that is if the humans were not there we would have one more elephant in Africa today.

Heck, why stop there? Human hunters probably caused the extinction of most mammoths and mastadons in the New World.

I don't post things for people to blinding follow what is said, that would be up to you to now find out if I'm right or not. I'm talking about facts here not emotional opinions. People need to ask their own questions and don't just believe what you are told.

LMAO! It is so much fun to wind you up and let you go!

Just because you think someones opinion is not right does not mean that it doesn't have merit to it. They just might see it differently and in different times in our lives so do we. Throughout our lives we change our thought patterns and we hopefully tend to grow both in intelligence and hopefully empathy and emotionally, this is why it's called growing up.

I've never said or thought otherwise.

I will not stand back and watch animals be brutally killed for one mans ego. This is who I am Mark, so don't pretend to know me either just by what you read. I will not apologize to anyone for standing up for what I believe in where animals are concerned, or children or anything else that I feel needs my help and I certainly will not turn a blind eye to it just because others have insults and think that they can intimate with that instead of real facts.

Nor is anyone asking you to change your concerns. I'm just suggesting that you are not approaching your concerns in a way that is helping your causes. Has anything you or Kalina done here really made a difference to the actual lives of living whales, elephants, etc.? Have you managed to raise funds for PETA from here?

Not really, and it has nothing to do with the worthiness of your causes, it is all in how you are presenting yourselves. You are not winning over hearts and minds. You are an adult and you already know this.

There are ways you guys could have presented these causes and rallied the entire forum behind you, but you guys made the choice to approach it in a more aggressive way.

And wearing a ribbon for a cause is a good thing because it makes people ask questions Mark and that's where it all starts!

There are not many 'ribbon causes' that people have a lot of questions about, and people are pretty well trained to not ask questions like that of strangers. It is a bit like inviting a Jehovah's Witness to chat about the literature they are carrying. Again- there are better, smarter, more effective options.

(snip)
"Oh, boy! PETA is going to after a rich schmuck who did not break any laws and is just one doofus doing this out of thousands! I am so relieved. Now the elephants will be safe."

Mark, I don't even know how I would post a comment to this kind of post. Wow! All I could say is it starts with one step. I've got to admit though I'm really surprised at the childish way this is written. :(

And you don't think PETA going after him is not childish? It is a grandstanding action that is not accomplishing anything specifically to help elephants although it is going to get some press. He already got his elephant- taking action against him is not going to stop the next guy.

How does dropping GoDaddy accounts help elephants? It sends a message to the CEO to not do it again, but what does it do about the actual conflict between elephants and locals?

Before this goes too much further, a quick reminder... I do not think either of us have posted anything here in anger, and I like to think that people like us can disagree, even on issues that are important to us, but still respect each other as individuals.

In other words, I hope we can discuss things like this in these threads, and still help each other in tortoise care or question forums= and I think we can.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
kimmer said:
Here is a link with a statement from a conservationist in Zimbabwe about Elephants and the recent publicized killing of a bull by CEO Bob Parsons.
http://aol.it/frhP2j

Zimbabwe's premier conservationist, a 62-year-old man who says he's endured assassination attempts for trying to preserve wildlife in one of Africa's poorest and most repressive countries, can't watch the video showing Bob Parsons, the billionaire CEO of GoDaddy.com, shooting and killing an elephant.

"I've seen so many of the atrocities against elephants and other wildlife here that it sickens me to the bottom of my soul," Johnny Rodrigues, chairman of the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force, told AOL News today on the telephone from Harare.

"But I have read what Parsons said, and he is totally misinformed about what is going on here. I wish he knew the truth."

Parsons, whose video sparked outrage when it circulated Thursday, is shown shooting a bull elephant on a recent hunting trip in Zimbabwe and then posing triumphantly next to the carcass. He called the animal a "problem elephant" that was in a herd attacking local crops and houses.

Some villagers, sporting GoDaddy caps, are also shown in the video carving up the dead elephant and eating the meat, as AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" plays on the soundtrack.

Parsons brushed off criticism in interviews and said that only a few animal rights groups like PETA were upset.

The villagers "are on the brink of starvation," he told CBS News. "They need their crops and need to eat. Elephants are not endangered and probably there are too many of them. A lot of people are up in arms about this. Their hearts are in the right place, but they don't understand the situation. If they'd go on one of my trips to Zimbabwe, they'd understand."

But Rodrigues, who grew up on a farm in Zimbabwe, said hunters like Parsons don't understand the level of government corruption in the country, how it's led to the collapse of the economy and how it's affected the wildlife.

AOL News spoke with Rodrigues about the plight of elephants in a country that was once a top destination for tourists who could enjoy wildlife protected by strong environmental policies -- but has deteriorated under an increasingly lawless regime.

AOL News: Bob Parsons said killing the elephant was justified because there are too many of them in Zimbabwe and they're attacking farmers and their crops who have no way of getting rid of them. True?

Johnny Rodrigues: No. For one thing, the government deliberately inflates the number of elephants so they can allot a certain number to be killed. Last year they said 500 elephants could be killed. They say there are 100,000 elephants. From what I have found, the figure is more like between 30,000 and 35,000. They lie about the number so they can allow hunters to kill them. They use the income generated to pay the wages to the park staffers and to keep the parks running because they have no money. The villagers don't see a penny. [Park authorities] just sell them the meat.

Illegal poaching occurs all over Africa. How is the situation different in Zimbabwe?

The problem in Zimbabwe is the guardians of the wildlife are the perpetrators. We're the only country in Africa that shoots game to pay wages to national park guardians and ration meat to their staff. It's sick. You wouldn't tolerate it. Zimbabwe is the only country where some of the park guardians are politically connected and don't care about the animals. They're the ones benefiting economically from their killing, even though they are the ones who are supposed to protect them.

Are elephants actually killed in the national parks?

They are not supposed to be, but they are. The government uses claims that elephants are destroying crops and attacking villagers to allow them to be hunted in national parks and safari areas.

Why are the elephants coming into villages and threatening the farmers?

Elephants are the most traumatized animals in Zimbabwe. They are being shot even in supposedly safe areas. Elephants travel in family units, and when one of their loved ones are shot and killed, the rest of the family remembers and they are traumatized and they will attack. They are very intelligent animals with phenomenal memories. When they see humans now, they remember.

What do they remember?

They remember it is humans who have caused all their stress, who have taken away their family members. They either attack or run away when they see a vehicle. It's very sad because we could co-exist. But humans, especially in Africa, are encroaching on land reserved for the animals, and the animals are running out of land.

What would you say to Bob Parsons if you could speak to him?

I would tell him he is supporting a terrible system that is not helping the poor people on the ground. Coming here with all his wealth for these unethical hunts and killing elephants is not helping anyone. It's perpetuating a horrible cycle in this country of traumatized animals and desperate people. And by telling them to eat meat the way he did and giving them his caps is like treating them like slaves.

What would you tell him about the bull elephant he killed, based on what you know about them?

Elephants are all part of families. The bull elephant Parsons killed has a family. It's the same as a robber coming into Parsons' house and shooting him in front of one of his kids. Parsons should look at some of the incredible research on elephants and elephant family behavior. He'd be shocked. Elephants are among the smartest, most sensitive animals alive.

How many elephants were there, say 100 years ago in Zimbabwe. Do you even know?

There were at least 700,000 to 800,000, but there's no comparison to today. They roamed all over. Man has totally encroached on their territory.

Can you report illegal poaching crimes to officials in Zimbabwe?

You will see some illegal poaching in Zambia, say, but it is a country with law and order. The authorities will do something about it. Here when you bring in a dossier of documents about illegal poaching to the attorney general, nothing happens. Even if you get to see a police investigator once, you'll never see them again. They disappear. It's what happens when there is no democracy and a breakdown of law and order.

People get killed in Zimbabwe for speaking out. Why do you take the risk?

It's very dangerous, but I've been exposing what's going on in this country for 12 years. I have death threats and attempts on my life. Strange things happen here to people like me.

Sponsored Links
What kind of strange things?

People coming around, beatings, being locked up, disappearing for a few months. But somebody has to speak out. I fought for this country in the war, so I feel I have a right to be a voice for the voiceless. I am trying to preserve our wonderful wildlife in this beautiful country. That's more important than anything that happens to me.

Have international wildlife groups reached out to Zimbabwe?

Unfortunately not really. The political situation is so difficult that it keeps people away.

What about those who believe that man comes first and while it's unfortunate that animals suffer, we are more important and this is a bit of a non-issue?

Preserving our wildlife and our flora and fauna is not only part of our heritage in Zimbabwe -- it was also the biggest foreign currency earner. The government is destroying a self-sustaining industry that all the people here benefit from. The communities that live around the wildlife areas benefit from selling their wares. No tourists want to come here and see all this bloodletting and miserable animals.

Thank you Kimmer for this post, excellent. I didn't even know half of this. This is the kind of posting that I wanted. I wanted to have the other side of these elephants. This was not about PETA although I know a lot of you seem to think that it is. It is about getting to the truth of the killing of an animal.

Angi said:
I don't think this started as a PETA thing and I didn't see where Candy said it is okay to break the law or bad to hunt. In fact one post talked about the African goverment being corrupt and breacking the law. Maybe I missed it. I think who ever started this thread just wanted to make us aware of what is going on. There is nothing I can do about the killing of elephant in Africa, but being aware of it is not hurting me and maybe someone will see this that can help make a difference. Candy and Kalina feel passionate about animal rights I feel passionate about Sudden Cardiac Arrest in children. So SCA is one of the causes I donate my time to, but I can still learn from them and their posts. I dont post about SCA because this is not a health forum or childrens causes forum. If it was I would post about the things I have done to help prevent SCA. Being part of this forum has changed the way I think about animals. I still don't have a problem with hunting, but I no longer look forward to finding a rattle snake so I can kill it. I am not sure what I will do the next time I find a rattle snake. I used to think rattle snakes were just bad and should all be killed. They used to really scare me. Now I see them as part of nature in a place I move to because I like the open space. I also don't care for PETA. There is also not much I can do to stop PETA, but being aware of the things they do makes me more informed and less of an idiot. Just saying.....

Angi I would love to hear more about SCA. Maybe you could either start a thread in the "Off Topic Chit Chat" or pm me some of the information on it. I think I know what you're talking about, but I think it would be very informative to hear it from you. :)

Before this goes too much further, a quick reminder... I do not think either of us have posted anything here in anger, and I like to think that people like us can disagree, even on issues that are important to us, but still respect each other as individuals.

In other words, I hope we can discuss things like this in these threads, and still help each other in tortoise care or question forums= and I think we can.

Of course Mark. We can agree to disagree that's o.k. :) Thank you for posting that. :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I knew you knew that, Candy- I think you've always played nicely, even when people disagreed with you. You still help in the tortoise threads, etc. And I hoped you saw that my comments were not meant in heat or anger, although I will admit to some dramatization and poking fun.

I've been amused at the sound bites both sides are doing for this issue. What bothers me is how focused it is on the idiot CEO and how little attention, comparatively, is being given to the larger situation. Sad.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Personally I wish people would focus more on the starving people than the animals.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
dmmj said:
Personally I wish people would focus more on the starving people than the animals.

+1

Focus on educating the people, especially the young girls. The trickle down will be an increase in education, a decrease in hunger, a decrease in uncontrolled population increases, etc. All of this leads to compassion, which in turn will help the animals in and around the community.

I'll take this opportunity to link to my shameless promotion link: our next trip is next week: Ethiopias Daughters Link

B K

5 Year Member
I personally found some of Candy’s remarks to be mean and spiteful.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
B K said:

I have never known Candy to be mean or spiteful. She is passionate in what she believes in and is always trying to educate people....one step at a time. There have been many heated debates on this forum, but in the end, everyone respects each other's opinions and always remains friends no matter what is said. One of the reasons I love this forum and why I'm still here after four years.

Robert...I think what you are doing is wonderful.

B K

5 Year Member
terryo said:
B K said:

I have never known Candy to be mean or spiteful. She is passionate in what she believes in and is always trying to educate people....one step at a time. There have been many heated debates on this forum, but in the end, everyone respects each other's opinions and always remains friends no matter what is said. One of the reasons I love this forum and why I'm still here after four years.

And if you do that Mark then who wins? The idiots that think it's manly to go and kill off innocent animals? Those people did not look like they were starving to me and I would never keep my account with anyone who did this for his so called "Vacation Time." Kalina and others like me are the type of people who make people aware of what's happening out there so don't try to stop us from doing that by making telling them that they'll make themselves sick by being activists for it. More people should become involved and then disgusting people like this guy wouldn't be flashing their so called "Animal Prizes" around. To bad the elephants didn't get the chance to turn on them in the dark, that's the way I see it.

Well I hunt so that makes me an Idiot,and I have mounts on my wall and show people so Im a Disgusting Person sound mean and spiteful to me.[/u]

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Eudcation is the key.. in SO many things..
I have been involved in Conservation issues and support several groups. They dont just go in to save the animals, they also Help the native people, give them jobs and reasons to Protect the animals. Tourism brings in Money.. Touch the Jungle in Ecuador, CCF Cheetah Conservation Fund,, I worked with cheetahs and helped raise over 1million dollars that went into cheetah conservation. They work with native people, show them ways to protect thier livestock, breed livestock gaurdian dogs and give them to the farmers, Wildlife Conservation Network WCN.. they support many different projects all over the world. Cheetahs, Elephants, African Wild Dogs, Andean Mt Cat, Bongos, Chimps etc etc.. the projects they help support also help the people in the same area the animals live. Another is Project Survival. They help several different conservation efforts. Google any of those and you can become part of the Solution! Project Survival is building a new cheetah center in Kenya.. they need people to help..they need $$These people GO TO the area and Educate the public and the people about how to live WITH the animals and not kill them. You can donate money, spread the word, go volunteer, go on safari, stay at the lodge etc etc.. Eco Tourism is also something. Go on vacation in one of thses areas and help support the local people and animals. it can be done.. its IS being done..

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RE: GoDaddy.com CEO Bob Parsons' Elephant Hunt Sparks Outrage... You got to be kidd

I agree 100% that education is the key to changing the world, but what is even more amazing is that just by educating girls you can change the most deeply rooted ignorance. Girl's become mothers and empowered respected mothers become community leaders and so forth...

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I have to put in my two cents here,for what it's worth.I don't care for the kind of hunting this guy is doing.I am a hunter and have been all of my life.For me,it's simply a way of putting meat on the table.When I kill an animal,it is done swiftly,without suffering.I know that this animal has led a good life,not crowded in some factory farm where supermarket meat comes from.Tell me which is more cruel.I feel no different harvesting an animal than I do picking a tomato or catching a fish.My children have grown up knowing where meat comes from,and that something has to die to provide it.Getting it from the supermarket is just paying someone else to do your killing for you.I'm not saying any of this to upset anyone,it's just the way I feel.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
dmmj said:

We can do both David. Sometimes it's not so easy to get involved and help starving people as their governments will take it right from under them.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RE: GoDaddy.com CEO Bob Parsons' Elephant Hunt Sparks Outrage... You got to be kidd

Candy said:
dmmj said:

We can do both David. Sometimes it's not so easy to get involved and help starving people as their governments will take it right from under them.

That is true but there are many ways to help in spite of these corrupt governments.
The harder it is to help, the more it is needed!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
jackrat said:
I have to put in my two cents here,for what it's worth.I don't care for the kind of hunting this guy is doing.I am a hunter and have been all of my life.For me,it's simply a way of putting meat on the table.When I kill an animal,it is done swiftly,without suffering.I know that this animal has led a good life,not crowded in some factory farm where supermarket meat comes from.Tell me which is more cruel.I feel no different harvesting an animal than I do picking a tomato or catching a fish.My children have grown up knowing where meat comes from,and that something has to die to provide it.Getting it from the supermarket is just paying someone else to do your killing for you.I'm not saying any of this to upset anyone,it's just the way I feel.

And this I can totally understand. My own father hunted although I only went with him once and I don't remember him killing anything that time. I did get to shoot a gun so that was cool. I am not trying to tell people that they can't hunt, but it's the way this guy did it. It was only a power play to him and I myself don't believe it was anything but that. That I don't agree with and it is disgusting to watch on that video.

Laura said:
Eudcation is the key.. in SO many things..
I have been involved in Conservation issues and support several groups. They dont just go in to save the animals, they also Help the native people, give them jobs and reasons to Protect the animals. Tourism brings in Money.. Touch the Jungle in Ecuador, CCF Cheetah Conservation Fund,, I worked with cheetahs and helped raise over 1million dollars that went into cheetah conservation. They work with native people, show them ways to protect thier livestock, breed livestock gaurdian dogs and give them to the farmers, Wildlife Conservation Network WCN.. they support many different projects all over the world. Cheetahs, Elephants, African Wild Dogs, Andean Mt Cat, Bongos, Chimps etc etc.. the projects they help support also help the people in the same area the animals live. Another is Project Survival. They help several different conservation efforts. Google any of those and you can become part of the Solution! Project Survival is building a new cheetah center in Kenya.. they need people to help..they need $$These people GO TO the area and Educate the public and the people about how to live WITH the animals and not kill them. You can donate money, spread the word, go volunteer, go on safari, stay at the lodge etc etc.. Eco Tourism is also something. Go on vacation in one of thses areas and help support the local people and animals. it can be done.. its IS being done..

Just last night I watched a special on Cheetahs, what awesome animals they are. I learned a lot about them. This sounds like a wonderful organization Laura. How wonderful that you got to have that experience up close with Cheetahs, I couldn't imagine after seeing how big they can get. :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
jackrat said:

Thank you for sharing. I can respect that more than people supporting factory farming.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
B K said:
terryo said:
B K said:

Well I hunt so that makes me an Idiot,and I have mounts on my wall and show people so Im a Disgusting Person sound mean and spiteful to me.[/u]

I didn't call Jackrat an idiot did I? Now that you've posted about hanging their heads on your walls I've got to ask you, why do people do that? I've always wondered this even as a child, it's just that I've never met anyone who has done this before. Is it because they're more of a trophy then food for your family? Can you explain this to me?

terryo said:
B K said:

Terry you are one of the nicest people that I've met on here. Thank you for all of your support. I know that we're very similar where animal rights are concerned.

Madkins007 said:
I knew you knew that, Candy- I think you've always played nicely, even when people disagreed with you. You still help in the tortoise threads, etc. And I hoped you saw that my comments were not meant in heat or anger, although I will admit to some dramatization and poking fun.

I've been amused at the sound bites both sides are doing for this issue. What bothers me is how focused it is on the idiot CEO and how little attention, comparatively, is being given to the larger situation. Sad.

I think that the point that I was trying to make with the CEO is that he seemed so proud of what he was doing. And the second thing that bothered me was that I wasn't seeing anyone question if what he did was needed. That actually bothered me more than anything. :) When people hunt they need to respect the animals in which they are hunting. I don't think that this man respects anything but his ego.

B K

5 Year Member
Candy said:
B K said:
terryo said:
B K said:

I didn't call Jackrat an idiot did I? Now that you've posted about hanging their heads on your walls I've got to ask you, why do people do that? I've always wondered this even as a child, it's just that I've never met anyone who has done this before. Is it because they're more of a trophy then food for your family? Can you explain this to me?

terryo said:
B K said:

Terry you are one of the nicest people that I've met on here. Thank you for all of your support. I know that we're very similar where animal rights are concerned.

Madkins007 said:

I think that the point that I was trying to make with the CEO is that he seemed so proud of what he was doing. And the second thing that bothered me was that I wasn't seeing anyone question if what he did was needed. That actually bothered me more than anything. :) When people hunt they need to respect the animals in which they are hunting. I don't think that this man respects anything but his ego.

Never said you caled Jackrat an Idiot what you said was
(The idiots that think it's manly to go and kill off innocent animals) so if you hunt your an Idiot .And no I'm not going to explain why I have mounts to you. You have already said how you feel about them.
(Disgusting people like this guy wouldn't be flashing their so called "Animal Prizes")

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I was merely asking you to explain why you mount dead animals heads on your walls after you kill them. I fully understand you not wanting to explain that to anyone.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Candy said:
I was merely asking you to explain why you mount dead animals heads on your walls after you kill them. I fully understand you not wanting to explain that to anyone.

I'm curious as to what your objection is? It might not be what you would do and that is understandable, but what would happen to the horns (rack) and pelt (the skin and horns are mounted on a foam likeness of the animal) if they are not mounted, they would otherwise just go to waste. They are still providing enjoyment to those who do own them, even though it might not be your idea of enjoyment.

(This is not directly related to this poster's comments) As for the PETA cooks....they are now trying to outlaw FISHING for God's sake!!! Beats me, how ANYONE that supports or condones PETA's antics can look anyone in the face and say that they own a pet of any kind....seems kind of hypocritical to me.

Doc

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
exoticsdr said:
(This is not directly related to this poster's comments) As for the PETA cooks....they are now trying to outlaw FISHING for God's sake!!!

That reminds me of a comic I saw the other day :p

piraro_jun06.jpg

Regardless of personal views, I like his sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.