Grass eating

Yoyotort

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hello! I got my tortoise about five months ago so I’m still pretty new at everything it just got warm enough where I live to take my Russian tortoise outside while outside he likes to munch on the grass (just normal grass any yard would have). I figure it’s all right for him maybe even good ‍♀️. Just checking in making sure that’s an ok thing for him to graze on.

Bee62

Germany
Hello! I got my tortoise about five months ago so I’m still pretty new at everything it just got warm enough where I live to take my Russian tortoise outside while outside he likes to munch on the grass (just normal grass any yard would have). I figure it’s all right for him maybe even good ‍♀️. Just checking in making sure that’s an ok thing for him to graze on.
Hello, grazing is fine when the grass is not treated with chemicals or fertilizer. Please show us some pics of your tortoise. We all love to see pics.:tort::<3:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Russians don't usually eat grass, but it won't harm them if they do. What type of grass is it? St. Augustine is almost succulent-like, so it wouldn't surprise me if that is what it is. Mine would occasionally eat freshly sprouted soft grass chutes, but seldom would they eat older tougher more mature grass.