Gun ownership thread (GUN CONTENT)

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Wow! How have I missed this entire thread for over a year?! I just read all 11 pages of it.

I bought a little S&W revolver last year. It's a 38sp +p. It only holds 5 rounds, so I have to be a good shot! This was 10 rounds I shot at the store's indoor range the day I picked it up.

20221111_122541.jpg

I think I did OK, even if the target was at 10ft! I don't plan on shooting anyone more than 10 ft away from me! I think I surprised the store employee who was with me.

Anyway, it's not the 1st gun I've owned, but the 1st in CA. I had a CCW in PA many years ago, but to get one here in Imperial Co is almost impossible. Basically if you're not in law enforcement or security, you can't get the permit. But I do have a number now for someone who teaches CCW. Since the lawsuit in NY was won, there is a better chance of getting it. It's on my list of things to do.

I sure can't keep up with all the lingo you folks use, but I enjoyed reading all of it. Oh, and I did something you all will probably think is completely out of character for me...I joined the NRA! :eek: But I don't expect to become a gun totin' mama with an AK15. That would be out of character! 😅

And I also have a collection of 🔪
🔪🗡️🗡️. Nothing valuable, just ones I've liked and bought. I think they are beautiful works of art, and I don't even have anything fancy.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Wow! How have I missed this entire thread for over a year?! I just read all 11 pages of it.

I bought a little S&W revolver last year. It's a 38sp +p. It only holds 5 rounds, so I have to be a good shot! This was 10 rounds I shot at the store's indoor range the day I picked it up.

View attachment 360147

I think I did OK, even if the target was at 10ft! I don't plan on shooting anyone more than 10 ft away from me! I think I surprised the store employee who was with me.

Anyway, it's not the 1st gun I've owned, but the 1st in CA. I had a CCW in PA many years ago, but to get one here in Imperial Co is almost impossible. Basically if you're not in law enforcement or security, you can't get the permit. But I do have a number now for someone who teaches CCW. Since the lawsuit in NY was won, there is a better chance of getting it. It's on my list of things to do.

I sure can't keep up with all the lingo you folks use, but I enjoyed reading all of it. Oh, and I did something you all will probably think is completely out of character for me...I joined the NRA! :eek: But I don't expect to become a gun totin' mama with an AK15. That would be out of character! 😅

🔪🗡️🗡️. Nothing valuable, just ones I've liked and bought. I think they are beautiful works of art, and I don't even have anything fancy.
Pointy and shooty often go together- I have a range of EDC (Every Day Carry) of both that depends on the outfits and time of year so I never go without

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

View attachment 360147

Not bad shooting there!
My wife has two different .38s including a snub nose S&W

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Pointy and shooty often go together- I have a range of EDC (Every Day Carry) of both that depends on the outfits and time of year so I never go without
I always practice just grabbing my hand gun and firing. No real aiming involved.
I figure that if (God forbid) I ever need to defend myself. Or anyone else. I probably won't have the luxury of aiming with the sights.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
CAROLINASHOOTERSSUPPLY.COM
Has RUSSIAN steel and "Bakelite" 7.62x39 30 and 40 round magazines cheaper than you'll ever see in your lifetime again.
Forget buying silver or gold. Buy some real 1950s and 1960s Red Army surplus magazines.
I just ordered a crapload of these IZHMASH. But they also have TULA. And more.
Real, collectable history. And a must have for any gun nut.
Real Russian is unobtainable.
Your grandchildren can thank me. These will rocket in value in the very near future. And in my opinion, they are already suspiciously inexpensive.
(But I've bought tons of stuff from them. And they're complete professionals)
Even if you have no AK or AKMs, this is an excellent investment opportunity. Seriously.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230831_115806_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230831_115806_Samsung Internet.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230831_115737_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230831_115737_Samsung Internet.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm not much of a shooter anymore.
I'm really into collecting AKs now. But I hate the price of ammo. So I only actually shoot one if I just bought it. Or did anything like a trigger replacement. And most ranges scrutinize the ammo. Looking for steel core, tracer, etc. Common surplus ammo.
I'm definitely more of a collector than a shooter. And now I'm in to collecting surplus magazines too.
I believe I'm addicted to Com-Bloc

Digr

Paulden AZ
A lot of the American members of this forum seem to be gun owners. I understand that in most other countries, this "culture" seems odd.
This is a show us your guns thread. Let's keep it without politics or discussions of WHY we should or should not own them.
I'll begin with this one of many:
My Beretta Pico .380 carry gun. For me it's the perfect balance of protection and size. It drops right into my front pants pocket.
I'm almost never without it and I'm licensed to carry it.
A lot of the American members of this forum seem to be gun owners. I understand that in most other countries, this "culture" seems odd.
This is a show us your guns thread. Let's keep it without politics or discussions of WHY we should or should not own them.
I'll begin with this one of many:
My Beretta Pico .380 carry gun. For me it's the perfect balance of protection and size. It drops right into my front pants pocket.
I'm almost never without it and I'm licensed to carry it.
I moved upstate AZ last Nov and realized I live within hearing distance of a shooting range. Im pro 2nd A. And of course I own a weapon for protection.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My most recent scores are four Russian IZHMASH surplus 7.62x39 30 round steel magazines from the 1950s.
They look absolutely new.
Two "Spine stamped".
Two "Back stamped"

Attachments

• 20230905_223520.jpg
    20230905_223520.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230905_223557.jpg
    20230905_223557.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've been collecting vintage mags lately because they are much less expensive than AKs.
I grabbed these two 1947 to 1954 IZHMASH "Slab-sided" magazines.
They are not easy to find. Especially not in near petfect condition.
Russian surplus

Attachments

• 20231028_181700.jpg
    20231028_181700.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231028_181708.jpg
    20231028_181708.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231028_181651.jpg
    20231028_181651.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 1

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

View attachment 360147

Sometimes I just take a liking to some people and I don't know why. Sometimes I find out later on down the road why I liked them so much in the first place. Like today. :)