Head shots cherry style

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Man, that is a lot of yellow highlights! They are gorgeous! All grown up nicely.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
Man, that is a lot of yellow highlights! They are gorgeous! All grown up nicely.
Thanks.
I remember when we first met and I saw all of them I really wanted the darkest red ones.
The two from Carl were more salmon colored. The dark red now has those yellow accents. The two Carl girls have turned very red and the huge one is now showing yellow.

Last edited:

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Beautiful torts ! The first few pics when they were in the grass, it looks like St. Augustine grass,
Do they ever try to eat it ?

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Beautiful torts ! The first few pics when they were in the grass, it looks like St. Augustine grass,
Do they ever try to eat it ?

Thanks. No they really don't eat the grass much.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Wow, I'm really digging those yellow highlights on the red heads.
GET OUT OF MY MIND!!! Interesting though that the last few batches of hatchling's have started to develop those yellow streaks. Maybe a new morph...sunset highlight cherryheads...or...golden streak cherries...we can make millions!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I noticed yours have yellow patches on the head. My big old female cherry has a large bright yellow patch in the middle of her head. I thought this was some sort of defect from age. Now seeing yours I know its not. Phew Thanks.
Can't make a statement like that without showing pictures of the splash of yellow...that's the new name, sunset splash cherries! I'm having way too much fun with this.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Rafiki has those yellow splashes too, but no surprise with lemonhead being his/her mother. Charlie, isn't your Allegra juvenile an Oren baby?

@allegraf, if I were to see anyone obtain millionaire status circa cherryheads, my votes on you!