Help baby michale Angelo

Star_devina

Location (City and/or State)
Hesperia
So I have a baby sulcata I recently got him but one problem I bought him so tiny as of right now he’s asleep he’s been asleep for almost four days and he moves while he’s asleep but he limps when he moves which is causing him to fall if anyone has any information please let me know what to do to get him better I deeply care about him

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you mean his eyes are stuck shut? Do you soak this baby in warm water? we need more info and maybe some pictures.

Star_devina

Hesperia
Do you mean his eyes are stuck shut? Do you soak this baby in warm water? we need more info and maybe some pictures.
I’m not sure what i mean he’s actually my first and I’ll post some photos and yes I recently bathed him today

Star_devina

Hesperia
View attachment 316213
this is him he’s asleep right now I wish we could post videos so you can see how his movement is sorry about the little smudge on the glass I have to clean his little home but I’m on the first day I got him was a few weeks ago like two he’s been fine up until this week he started getting like this since Wednesday I spray him with water a little with a water spray bottle of course I bathed him just recently he’s been eating good up until he started this I put vitamin D powder in his food

image.jpg

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
@Star_devina have you read the care sheet linked by Maro2Bear? You will need to make a lot of changes to give your tort the correct environment. All the info is in that care sheet, read it and come back with specific questions if you have any. It is way too dry right now and is suffering.

Star_devina

Hesperia
@Star_devina have you read the care sheet linked by Maro2Bear? You will need to make a lot of changes to give your tort the correct environment. All the info is in that care sheet, read it and come back with specific questions if you have any. It is way too dry right now and is suffering.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'll just point out a few things that you will read in that care sheet that was linked for you.

As soon as you can get rid if the pellet substrate and change it for something you can moisten - fir bark, coco coir. Cover the enclosure so you can have a consistent overall temperature of 80-85°F day and night. Change your UVB light to a fluorescent tube type. It's much easier on the baby. (reptilebasics.com)

I don't know why your baby limps, but you really need to read the care sheet and make changes or your baby is going to die.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
When you get him up to soak next time, examine him thoroughly. Put your finger into all that skin at his legs, arms, tail, and neck. Make sure nothing is stuck in the soft folds, or stuck between the shell and skin.