Help! Found a tortoise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
lynnedit said:
You don't have to brumate (might as well use the super correct term ;) ) a tortoise, as far as we know.
So skipping a year (or more) won't hurt him.

Now, if he 'goes down' in his substrate and 'tells' you he wants to hibernate (despite good temps and lighting), then you can wind him down in his tortoise table in late Autumn and go from there. But that simply may not happen.

It's funny because I've noticed he's a real outsider! When he has to come in due to the change in temperature he just sleeps,munch,sleep,pee,munch,sleep!! Lol so I can see him being a big question mark do I or don't i!? Hee hee I'll be back on here if he does! ;)

*misskerrimoo*

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Help! Found a tortoise...

Alan RF said:
3 weeks and heard/seen nothing! I don't understand how anyone can't miss him :( I'd miss him if the owner collected him! I think I'm going to have to start reading up about hibernating! This is why I got a red foot because they don't! I'm scared about the whole thing so I might need some advice nearer the time! My biggest scare is he dies because I did it wrong :(

Awesome. :) Congrats on your new baby! :D I bet he's enjoying his new lifestyle! Has he met Alan yet? Or do you have him in quarantine? Jw. :) good luck on the hibernation, if he goes in it... What season is it there? Curious!

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

3.2.0 Cats (Neeko, Bootsie, Bean (Special Needs), Puff (Special needs), Pokie)
1.0.0 Dog (Sidney (Special needs))
2.0.0 Bearded Dragons (Lochey & Zane (Special needs))
2.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Hopper, Spanky-Butt (Special needs), Rumi)
0.0.1 Greek Tortoise Hatchling (Mookie-Boo - Ibera species)
0.0.2 Fire Bellied Toads (Ellie, Teddy)
0.0.1 Emporer Scorpion (Mr. Pickles)
1.0.0 Betta Fish (Mr. Pook-Pook)

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
*misskerrimoo* said:
Alan RF said:
3 weeks and heard/seen nothing! I don't understand how anyone can't miss him :( I'd miss him if the owner collected him! I think I'm going to have to start reading up about hibernating! This is why I got a red foot because they don't! I'm scared about the whole thing so I might need some advice nearer the time! My biggest scare is he dies because I did it wrong :(

Awesome. :) Congrats on your new baby! :D I bet he's enjoying his new lifestyle! Has he met Alan yet? Or do you have him in quarantine? Jw. :) good luck on the hibernation, if he goes in it... What season is it there? Curious!

MY BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN:

3.2.0 Cats (Neeko, Bootsie, Bean (Special Needs), Puff (Special needs), Pokie)
1.0.0 Dog (Sidney (Special needs))
2.0.0 Bearded Dragons (Lochey & Zane (Special needs))
2.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Hopper, Spanky-Butt (Special needs), Rumi)
0.0.1 Greek Tortoise Hatchling (Mookie-Boo - Ibera species)
0.0.2 Fire Bellied Toads (Ellie, Teddy)
0.0.1 Emporer Scorpion (Mr. Pickles)
1.0.0 Betta Fish (Mr. Pook-Pook)

It's summer time in the UK :) They've seen each other from about 5 inches apart.Alan put the whole of his head and neck out and the new one retracted back into its shell :) I keep them away from each other due to quarantine and the fact we shouldn't mix species ;)

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
5 weeks and still no sign of the owner! Poor little man ....I'd be missing him if he was mine :( built an outside enclosure for him today! I couldn't help it lol I'm a sucker for his beautiful face looking at me as if he's saying....I want to be outside all of the time! Ill start a new thread soon with the start and end product!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
I look at this thread and think one day someone will ask about this tortoise and they'll be the original owner. I will be devastated having to hand him over after 2 months of caring for him. Does anyone know at what point you can say this tortoise now rightfully belongs to me?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I don't think there is a rule.
But stop posting about him, take down any fliers.
Anyone who was desperately looking for their tortoise should have contacted you by now.
The little guy has found his NEW home.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
lynnedit said:
I don't think there is a rule.
But stop posting about him, take down any fliers.
Anyone who was desperately looking for their tortoise should have contacted you by now.
The little guy has found his NEW home.

Can you delete threads then? This is linked so the owners could find him online. I'd like to take it off as I think he's rightfully mine now ;)
Flintus did the link so I don't know how to take it off :(

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Try PM'ing Flintus, as I am not sure. You could ask the moderator to close this thread?
You also posted on Shelled Warriors as well, right?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Alan RF said:
I look at this thread and think one day someone will ask about this tortoise and they'll be the original owner. I will be devastated having to hand him over after 2 months of caring for him. Does anyone know at what point you can say this tortoise now rightfully belongs to me?

At two months he is certainly all yours! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.