HELP!! HELP!! PLEASE DONT IGNORE :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
It wasn't the emotions that got the better of the situation. What got the better of the situation is that a RT is dying because the owner(s) don't have the funds to take the tort to a vet. That's what got the better of the situation, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

ascott said:
It is a shame that emotions got the better of the situation.....

I have to agree with Yvonne on this, entirely.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I totally agree with you sibi!!!
emotions did not get in the way! They did not have the money to help the tortoise!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
But if that little kid was near me, or you, or many of us, we could run right over and help him and his pet. Wish we knew where Rusty is so we could step up and help hands on. Bummers.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
But if that little kid was near me, or you, or many of us, we could run right over and help him and his pet. Wish we knew where Rusty is so we could step up and help hands on. Bummers.

Agree!!!!!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
He lives in upstate New York, but his father doesn't want any help and the OP is probably barred from posting here since he has not posted since I sent him personal messages offering to mail him money. Sad indeed.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
He lives in upstate New York, but his father doesn't want any help and the OP is probably barred from posting here since he has not posted since I sent him personal messages offering to mail him money. Sad indeed.

The problem here, Mark, is the the OP is a child, and the parent feels that this child, and the tort, doesn't need anyone's help. There may be nothing we can say or do in this case. The tort will die if it is not taken to a qualified vet. I highly doubt that will happen. But thanks for the information which others can benefit from.

His father was totally against the PM I sent him yesterday. It wasn't pretty, and he asked me not to get in touch with his son again. Apparently, the dad doesn't think he or Rusty needs any help. Unfortunately, the kid may have been ban from talking with the forum.

It wasn't the emotions that got the better of the situation. What got the better of the situation is that a RT is dying because the owner(s) don't have the funds to take the tort to a vet. That's what got the better of the situation, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

These, are exactly what I referred to when referencing emotions getting the better of the situation....sometimes a sharp tongue cuts the wrong way and no chance of help can be absorbed....

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
Your kidding! You all told him that praying wasn't what he should be doing and now your saying that nothing can be done because he doesn't have the money! It sounds to me like the only thing he CAN do is pray, I mean, dying for your creations to make them worthy of being airs to the kingdom of heaven isn't "saving grace" enough?!? And now your saying nothing can be done? that's pathetic. I know I'm probably going to get blasted for posting this, but I say that praying for Rusty IS what we should all be doing.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I know I'm probably going to get blasted for posting this, but I say that praying for Rusty IS what we should all be doing.

Amen...as long as there is hope there are no limits, once there is no hope there is no chance...simple.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
sibi said:

That was really nice of you to offer him money sibi.
You have a huge heart! :)

tortoise007 said:
Your kidding! You all told him that praying wasn't what he should be doing and now your saying that nothing can be done because he doesn't have the money! It sounds to me like the only thing he CAN do is pray, I mean, dying for your creations to make them worthy of being airs to the kingdom of heaven isn't "saving grace" enough?!? And now your saying nothing can be done? that's pathetic. I know I'm probably going to get blasted for posting this, but I say that praying for Rusty IS what we should all be doing.

I only counted three people that said that.....not everyone.
I sure am praying for the poor guy!!!!

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
I agree with everyone else, and yes 10 gallons must be awful for rusty, make sure she has her calcium, proper heating, good nutrition etc. just really think about rutsy and her living arrangements think "is their ANYTHING I could of done better" god bless that tortoise... I hope she gets better, tortoises may be docile, quiet and sometimes they can even be aggressive (very rare) but one thing they do have that a lot of reptiles don't have is "Charm" they are very unique, they may not understand you but they feel your presence. They know that your gonna feed them, and take care of them. If your tortoise Does by chance pass, think about the good times, think about the times you can't forget, those times are what matter the most! I also hope you buy another tortoise one day, and make that tortoise very happy like rusty made you,
Because a lot of them out there are suffering. God bless your tortoise.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Excuse me Angela, but what sharp tongue are you speaking of that caused the situation? Are you speaking about the kid being banned from the forum? Are you speaking of the situation that the tort is in? Do you know at what point the father found out that his son had petitioned for funds and at what point I pm the OP? Look at the thread and count the page in which the kid was desperate for funds. It was the 14th post, first page. I am calling you out on this because you have a habit of jumping to conclusions and judging me on things you have no knowledge about. In this case, it wasn't the emotions that caused the kid to be banned. I know why the father banned the kid, you don't. I will not state it in public forum for the privacy of the family involved. But, I can tell you this, it had absolutely nothing to do with the comments you made. Neither did it have anything to do with anyone's comments, concerns, "sharp words," advice, or emotions. If anything, because some here were so outraged at the conditions he had his tortoise in, it made him aware that he has to change how things were done. Sometimes it's a healthy and helpful thing to get "emotional" when a tortoise, or any animal is being abused or neglected. Btw, did you know that making rush judgments is an emotional act? Think before You speak!

ascott said:

The problem here, Mark, is the the OP is a child, and the parent feels that this child, and the tort, doesn't need anyone's help. There may be nothing we can say or do in this case. The tort will die if it is not taken to a qualified vet. I highly doubt that will happen. But thanks for the information which others can benefit from.

His father was totally against the PM I sent him yesterday. It wasn't pretty, and he asked me not to get in touch with his son again. Apparently, the dad doesn't think he or Rusty needs any help. Unfortunately, the kid may have been ban from talking with the forum.

These, are exactly what I referred to when referencing emotions getting the better of the situation....sometimes a sharp tongue cuts the wrong way and no chance of help can be absorbed....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There is really no reason to keep,this thread going. Emotions are getting a little hot and that doesn't help anything. Sounds like the op won't be able to come back. Lets all hope for the best for Rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.