HELP!!!!! (not moving much, poor appetite)

littleleo

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Barbara
My baby leopard tortoise is acting strange today and I am really worried. I fed him this morning and came home to his bowl still being kind of full. (he usually finishes everything). He normally comes out of his log when I get home but this time he didn't want to and when he did, he went back in quickly. Temps are the same as they have been since day one. And normally he tries to "eat" my finger through the glass but he doesn't even want to open his mouth. He also started pushing himself forward with his back legs only. I gave him a nice warm soak (he was now using his front legs a little) and he did his business more than usual. I checked his eyes and they are not cloudy. All he has been doing is sleeping. What should I do? Is this okay?

*** this photo is right now. He just won't move. his eyes wide open. I'm scared

Attachments

• IMG_1483.JPG
    IMG_1483.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 31

littleleo

Santa Barbara
Basking is 105. Tank is 83. He eats orchard grass hay, yesterday he had tomato, cucumber, and spring mix. A little tho. Not much. And in the evening 1 pellet of Mazuri

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Tomato and cucumber are poor food choices. It will also likely give your little guy runny poop and get him dehidrated.
See the care section about better food items.

Nmcgowan

If you have a Price Chopper near you, they sell bunches of dandelion greens. It's pretty cheap. Besides not using its front legs, everything else sounds normal to me. But, I'm not an expert by any means. Kinda sounds like maybe he just switched up his routine?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
if he's not using either his front or back legs that's usually something wrong could be any number of things though.

littleleo

Santa Barbara
The vet said it wasn't his enclosure. The person who sold us him wasn't properly taking care of them and he was already sick. /:

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Glad he is getting better. Also make sure you give him some calcium and plenty of UVB lighting. Best option, especially when they seem sick, is to get them 20 or more minutes of direct sunlight a few times a week.