Hermann Tortoise Diet!

Rocketgay

Location (City and/or State)
Sofia
Hello!
I wanted to ask, if all ingredients in this product are safe for Hermann Tortoises, as I am a bit concerned about the fish.
Thank you

Attachments

• 84518BD0-977C-4AAB-BA5C-01C885473865.jpeg
    84518BD0-977C-4AAB-BA5C-01C885473865.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 26CC1A01-4DEE-4204-A931-70EC04AF4E5A.jpeg
    26CC1A01-4DEE-4204-A931-70EC04AF4E5A.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 3

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hello!
I wanted to ask, if all ingredients in this product are safe for Hermann Tortoises, as I am a bit concerned about the fish.
Thank you
The best diet should include lots of fresh, leafy, dark green weeds like dandelions, ribwort and broadleaf plantains, sowthistle, clover and anything listed in this caresheet

www.thetortoisetable.org.uk is also a good guide for what's safe or toxic and although it's based on UK plants you'll have many in common with us. Although many of the salad veg listed are Ok in moderation they're not as nutritious as weeds etc Fruit (including tomatoes) shouldn't be fed because torts systems can't handle the sugars.

I don't know if those ingredients are Ok but dried food/pellets shouldn't be the main diet but are OK as an occasional supplement.
Nutrazu is the European version of Mazuri which is a popular supplementary dried food in the US

My tort won't touch any pellets even when moistened - he loves his leaves.

Rocketgay

Sofia
The best diet should include lots of fresh, leafy, dark green weeds like dandelions, ribwort and broadleaf plantains, sowthistle, clover and anything listed in this caresheet

www.thetortoisetable.org.uk is also a good guide for what's safe or toxic and although it's based on UK plants you'll have many in common with us. Although many of the salad veg listed are Ok in moderation they're not as nutritious as weeds etc Fruit (including tomatoes) shouldn't be fed because torts systems can't handle the sugars.

I don't know if those ingredients are Ok but dried food/pellets shouldn't be the main diet but are OK as an occasional supplement.
Nutrazu is the European version of Mazuri which is a popular supplementary dried food in the US

My tort won't touch any pellets even when moistened - he loves his leaves.
You are right! My tortoises are also not the biggest fans of pellets, but they do love dark leafy greens and an occasional cucumber. Thank you for the information!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello!
Thank you
"Seaweed for increased resistance". Increased resistance to what?

Most pelleted diets don't look great on paper. What I'd like to know is what results have been produced feeding this pelleted for periodically over a long time frame. I've never used it and don't know of anyone who has, so I can't recommend one way or the other.

Rocketgay

Sofia
"Seaweed for increased resistance". Increased resistance to what?

Most pelleted diets don't look great on paper. What I'd like to know is what results have been produced feeding this pelleted for periodically over a long time frame. I've never used it and don't know of anyone who has, so I can't recommend one way or the other.
There was no further information provided for these pellets, so I am leaning toward not buying them and looking further. Thank you for your response nonetheless!